The day when Rana Naved ul Hasan regretted playing test cricket

velu

53 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Yeah he was Bradman and Viv Richards rolled into one against the green-bros.  He was still legendary as an opener against others - not far fetched to call him the best test Opening bat since 2000, maybe even the 90s.  

In subcontinent, overall, I will lean towards Mathew Hayden 

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Virender Sehwag is the best test  batsman ever while batting in Asia.

Although stats do not fully reflect the impact he had while batting....In Asia, he averages 57.4 with a SR of  85...with 18 centuries from only 68 tests.

You will probably find that others have extremely good records in Asia - Abbas, Chepu, etc. to name a few, especially Che.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

You will probably find that others have extremely good records in Asia - Abbas, Chepu, etc. to name a few, especially Che.

No one has or had  Sehwag's impact as well as SR.  His ability to play those really big knocks at a very high SR,  was and is  something unique and the opposition did not know what hit them.

I still don't see the modern day really high SR batters play really big knocks in test matches.

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No one has or had  Sehwag's impact as well as SR.  His ability to play those really big knocks at a very high SR,  was and is  something unique and the opposition did not know what hit them.

I still don't see the modern day really high SR batters play really big knocks in test matches.

Not in SC, I agree... In Oz, Warner usually does extremely well both in SR and avg.

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Not in SC, I agree... In Oz, Warner usually does extremely well both in SR and avg.

Warner has only one 250+ and 2 other 150+ scores.

Sehwag has two 300+ ,  two  more 250+, 2 more 200+ and eight more 150+ scores, albeit in more tests.

His ability to play so many of those really big knocks at such high SR in test matches has never ever happened in the professional era in cricket.

51 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Warner has only one 250+ and 2 other 150+ scores.

Sehwag has two 300+ ,  two  more 250+, 2 more 200+ and eight more 150+ scores, albeit in more tests.

His ability to play so many of those really big knocks at such high SR in test matches has never ever happened in the professional era in cricket.

I guess I'd interpreted big scored as 100s, and not "daddy" 100s. In that regard, of course, there are very few who have a high % of 150s. And there's only one, as you mentioned, who scored them at a very high SR. One of my fav Sehwag innings > 150 came a  relatively "low" SR by his standards - that wonderful knock in Adelaide.