Anderson questions Kohli technique

mishra

http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/england-in-india-2016/Pitches-have-taken-Kohlis-glitches-out-of-equation-Anderson/articleshow/55926069.cms

:facepalm: Its very very vey rich coming out of Anderson considering the pathetic 2day test match pitches they have been giving us and aussies for past 5-6 years.

IMO Pitch curators could have easily done a England or Bangladesh but instead gave a 5 day test match pitch.

Edited by mishra

Virat Kohli: Pitches have taken Kohli's glitches out of equation: Anderson - The Times of India on Mobile

MUMBAI: Virat Kohli may be going through a purple patch of his international career but England fast bowler Jimmy Anderson took a slight dig saying that if Indian captain's technical glitches if any aren't visible because of the helpful Indian tracks which lacks pace and movement. 

Anderson had made Kohli his bunny back in 2014 during the series in England where the batsman was repeatedly nicking away going deliveries outside the off-stump. With nearly 700 runs in this series, Kohli has punished England the most. 

Asked what has changed in Kohli's technique, the seasoned Anderson's answer wasn't a charitable one. 

"I am not sure if he (Kohli) has changed. I just think any technical deficiencies he has got are not in play out here. The wickets just take that out of the equation. There is not that pace in the wicket to get the nicks, like we did against him in England - with a bit more movement," said England's highest ever wicket-taker in Test matches. 

"When that (pace and movement) is not there, he (Kohli) is very much suited to playing in these conditions. He is a very good player of spin - and if you are not bang on the money and don't take your chances, he will punish you," Anderson did not hide what he felt about Kohli's technique on a day when the skipper scored a career-best 235. 

But the veteran admitted that they could not execute their plans against Jayant Yadav despite being aware that he is a very capable batsman. 

"We plan for every batsman -- from Nos 1 to 11. We have played three Tests now against Yadav, so it is no surprise - we knew he can bat very competently. We had plans for him. Sometimes they don't come off; sometimes you don't execute your plans well enough, as was the case today. I thought he played exceptionally well," Anderson lauded the rookie all-rounder. 

He is hoping against hope that the England lower order will script a dramatic turn-around on the final day to save the visitors from another embarrassing defeat. 

"We are going to come here tomorrow and try to fight our way back into this game if we can. We are 50 runs behind. If we can bat with the positive intent we showed today, there's no reason why we can't get a hundred ahead of them and then try to put some pressure on them with the ball," said Anderson after England had ended Day 4 at 182 for six, still needing to make 49 runs to make the hosts bat again. 

Anderson conceded that their bowling in the morning was below par which enabled India to score 128 runs in 29 overs before lunch. 

"It is immensely frustrating. Coming to the ground this morning, needing to get three wickets with them 50 ahead, if we could get them we are still well in the game. Unfortunately we didn't bowl as well as we could have first thing," he said. 

"The ball started flying around this morning, and then they got settled and managed to put on a big partnership," added England's highest Test wicket-taker. 

Although his team's top batsmen have found the Indian spin bowlers hard to tackle, Anderson said it can be done as was shown by Joe Root in his classy innings of 77 and Jonny Bairstow, who was unbeaten on 50 at stumps. 

"I am not sure if they are too difficult to handle. They are obviously world-class spinners, but we knew the task ahead when we came over here. We knew it was going to be difficult. 

"But I enjoyed watching Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow bat. I thought they did it with real positive intent, and showed you can still score runs out there," he said. 

"We hope that is a given the lads down the order a bit of confidence going into tomorrow - because we're certainly not going to be trying to bat out for a draw. If we are going to keep this series alive, we're going to have to try to get past them and try to put some pressure on in the fourth innings," said Anderson at the cost of sounding impractical.

Asked whether the England spinners had improved, Anderson complimented leggie Adil Rashid in this respect. 

"Adil, for me, has been the biggest improvement. Certainly he's shown he can be England's frontline spinner in the future." 

Asked about his own performance in the series, Anderson said he was quite happy with the way he had bowled since returning after his injury lay-off but not with the meagre returns in terms of wickets. 

"I have been happy with the way I have bowled but not happy with the amount of wickets I have got. That happens - especially in these conditions. It is tough. I would have liked more wickets," said the fast bowler who has taken just four wickets in three Tests he has played in the series so far

.https://www.google.com/amp/m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/england-in-india-2016/Pitches-have-taken-Kohlis-glitches-out-of-equation-Anderson/amp_articleshow/55926069.cms?client=safari

What a tool Clouderson is.  Who was conducting this interview?  This kind of shameless statement begged the follow-up question - "What does that say about your skills and technique then?  That you are ineffective and unable to figure out a method to bowl on wickets that are different than what you are used to?"  

This guy needs to be raked over the coals for what he said.  Shameless whiner.

Jimmy, your captain has scored over 10,000 runs in Tests without ever knowing where his offstump is, when Cook an score so many runs why can't Kohli score runs in England.He has scored runs every where he has played.Jimmy with this statement you have entered into Rohit's territory who called out Steyn with come to India statement.

But Kohli knows he needs to conquer England in England before becoming undisputed no1 batsman in world.Jimmy what does it say about your skills when you were comfortably outbowled by Shami. A great player can have one bad series but he cannot be down all the time.

Edited by putrevus

Did the pitches and swing-friendly conditions in England take Anderson's glitches out of the equation  ?  .....that is the question      :phehe:

He is indirectly saying that he does not have the pace to trouble batsmen unless the pitch provides him with the pace        :giggle:

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Indian teams needs to win overseas period to stop these whiners from saying he is good in home conditions and India is strong at home.First they were crying winning toss means winning the match when that did not happen they are looking for other excuses to discredit.But these things will keep popping up unless they win overseas.

Yep, this whine is from the same tool-kit as the whining about the toss.  Ignorant, inaccurate, and in poor taste.   Such excuse making only puts Clouderson in poor light, and serves only to rile up opposition fans.  

Such noises have been coming out of the English camp since the tour started - toss, turning tracks, "conditions"  - all aimed at conveying the excuse that cricket is somehow different and alien over "there" so their loss or inability to compete is somehow justified.   And why wouldn't they resort to such BS?  It is consistently swallowed and accepted as fact by a massive chunk of their home base - fans and analysts alike.  

A better team and an honest player would man up and have the courage to handle the fact that they are being beaten by a better team and acknowledge the excellence that VK has been demonstrating.   Clouderson has consistently shown throughout his career that he just doesn't have that character in him.  And now that he's older, lost his pace, and his wicket-taking abilities are atrophying, I fully expect his statements to get even more whinier and desperate.  

Anderson is averaging 53 on this tour. He averaged 43 when England last toured Australia. He averaged 43 on the tour of SA (which England won). The later two countries generally aided pace bowling. Broad has outbowled him on away tours.

The truth is Anderson has been poor away from home when it comes to picking up wickets for the past 2-3 years against the big teams. He is a bowler who though still good is coming to the end of his playing career.

3 minutes ago, adi B said:

Its okay ,cloudy is just speaking his mind out of sheer frustration.

Kohli shouldn't pay heed to such comical statements and he's the sort of guy who'll  definitely make amends in the next English tour

Thats assuming he is part of the team. Will be 36-37 by the time India tour England again.

Just like Steyn he is starting to pick up a lot of niggles.

1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

Thats assuming he is part of the team. Will be 36-37 by the time India tour England again.

Just like Steyn he is starting to pick up a lot of niggles.

Anderson wont be there but even if he were to be a part of the England side then and lets say Kohli scores 2-3 tons and has a successful series,Anderson will still latch onto to the past series just to stay relevant and belittle the other

I think the Ashes 2017-2018 will decide the fate of Anderson. If England win v Aus I feel he will play through to the English summer. If England get punished then IMO he might do a Swann and retire during the tour.

Being bitter aside, I dont think he has anything to prove as such. Has had a good career. 

3 minutes ago, Sooda said:

This is no different in tone and principle than what Parthiv said the other day. Both sides showing the same lack of grace, and same honesty even you could say. Because Anderson is on the losing side it comes across like sour grapes

That's a load of BS.  Patel was accurately referring to the actual failures of the English spinners to bowl well - Clouderson is whining about a batsman's supposed glitches after he scored 200 and only got out trying to hit every ball out of the park in the face of defeatist negative bowling.

3 minutes ago, Stumped said:

I do because they're selective snippets from a far longer casual post-day interview with Anderson in which Anderson praised Kohli numerous times (which the author has conveniently left out of the article). The statement "I am not sure if he (Kohli) has changed." wasn't said with the intention or tone of a dig as the article suggests. It was said with a genuine unawareness as to whether the deficiencies Kohli showed in England would still be there when he faced the conditions again. I recommend going and finding the full interview and watching it with context.

hmmm I'll try to find the actual interview - media is well capable of twisting words around.