Anderson questions Kohli technique

mishra

4 minutes ago, Sooda said:

This is no different in tone and principle than what Parthiv said the other day. Both sides showing the same lack of grace, and same honesty even you could say. Because Anderson is on the losing side it comes across like sour grapes

Most Indians on this forum have criticized or disliked  those statements by Parthiv too.  Totally unnecessary and graceless.

1 minute ago, Stumped said:

The interview will probably be repeated on 'The Verdict' and people on YouTube seem to be consistently uploading that within a day or so if it airing, may be worth a look there in a while.

Yeah, the verdict has been good to watch.  Who are the guys with Gower on the post-game analysis - they are not usually in the verdict segment.

3 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Marcus Trescothick and Nick Knight for this test (with Ward doing the interviews in India as usual).

I like Knight as an analyst - smart guy.  Enjoy Nas's analysis too, although he's too much of a homer at times, and rubs a lot of Indian fans the wrong way, but overall he's good as well.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

That's a load of BS.  Patel was accurately referring to the actual failures of the English spinners to bowl well - Clouderson is whining about a batsman's supposed glitches after he scored 200 and only got out trying to hit every ball out of the park in the face of defeatist negative bowling.

Except, the glitches arent supposed! Maybe JA has a point, I hope he is wrong of course and certainly VK has been much more assured outside his off stump but We'll only really know when he tours England next

5 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Except, the glitches arent supposed! Maybe JA has a point, I hope he is wrong of course and certainly VK has been much more assured outside his off stump but We'll only really know when he tours England next

Agreed, but timing and context of pointing out such glitches matters - and its chalk and cheese when you compare the timing of JA's comments vs Patel's.  In any event, not necessary to make big issues out of either comments.  Especially if the ones attributed to Anderson turn out to be media-twisted.  

I think Anderson has earned it to talk about a class player like Kohli, only because he has the stats to show and has been a top bowler over the years. He isn't really saying it anything wrong. He recognized that Kohli is top player against spin bowling and feels that Kohli will be tested more against pace in England. There is nothing wrong in saying that. If someone like Hazlewood or Starc say, then it will look like they are doing it for attention or being absurd and cocky but Anderson is the best of this generation along with Steyn and they both have every right to say what they want about somone like Kohli. I can not wait for India's next tour to both South Aftica and England. Especially England where Kohli needs to score more. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I think Anderson has earned it to talk about a class player like Kohli, only because he has the stats to show and has been a top bowler over the years. He isn't really saying it anything wrong. He recognized that Kohli is top player against spin bowling and feels that Kohli will be tested more against pace in England. There is nothing wrong in saying that. If someone like Hazlewood or Starc say, then it will look like they are doing it for attention or being absurd and cocky but Anderson is the best of this generation along with Steyn and they both have every right to say what they want about somone like Kohli. I can not wait for India's next tour to both South Aftica and England. Especially England where Kohli needs to score more. 

Nope. That, he ain't. Steyn was far, far above him. Philander is like Andu, does very well in helpful conditions, and happens to have a much better record. Amongst other contemporaries of Andi who were equal - Broad himself, Mitch J (even if he blew hot and cold), and... The Rhino!

2 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Excellent!!! shows how much we have got inside their head..... they're are talking about playing in a country and series other than the current one. He's only damaging his own credibility and reputation.

Never had much of it (for sportsmanship) in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Nope. That, he ain't. Steyn was far, far above him. Philander is like Andu, does very well in helpful conditions, and happens to have a much better record. Amongst other contemporaries of Andi who were equal - Broad himself, Mitch J (even if he blew hot and cold), and... The Rhino!

Mithchell Johnson and Anderson comparison? Check the wickets and Anderson is miles ahead. Ahead of everyone.

The longevity matters a lot just like Tendulkar's longevity matter and of the great Warne and Mcgrath's longevity. Anderson has done the same. Over the years, he has gone on and gotten better all over the world where he wasn't at his best earlier in his career. 

Mitchell Johnson really just was good for few series against England and South Africa. Rest of the time he was good but not great. That reputation from Ashes series and then perfornacen in South Africa is just carrying his reputation as a test bowler. He did not trouble oppositions other than that as much as it is made out to be. Brilliant bowler but Australia has produced too many better bowlers who have been more consistent than him.

Steyn and Anderson to me are both world class and at same stage right now. Currently Anderson a litle ahead but few years ago it was opposite where Young Steyn was miles ahead of Anderson. This is where Anderson, who is been playing since 2001, earns my respect as he has been very consistent for over two decades now. He is another once in a lifetime bowler. Not many pace bowlers play for 15+ years. Steyn won't either. Anderson has and hence for me he is an all time great. Up there with Steyn.

It would have been more accurate  if  Anderson would have said Kohli is making Cook's England pay for robbed half century in first match. Smirk on Cooks face when he offered the draw in game when Kohli was just short of 1 run to his fifty was so so visible

Edited by mishra
2 minutes ago, mishra said:

It would have been more accurate  if  Anderson would have said Kohli is making Cook's England pay for robbed half century in first match. Smirk on Cooks face when he offered the draw in game when Kohli was just short if 1 run was so so visible

Missed that.  That's quite a petty mind game if true.

Anderson may be right, but we won't know it till 2018 when India revisits England again. What we do know, is that Kohli utterly shat the bed in England and batted like a tail-ender. But we also know he's improved his technique since then. I suspect Kohli will end up averaging somewhere in the 40-45 range in England if Anderson-Broad are firing on all cylinders.

from an English media source.... So even they are reporting it.

Podcast test match special with the Anderson interview (not the kohli bit)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsl2/episodes/downloads

Its not just about Anderson. Cook in Rajkot called a draw when Kohli was on 49 to deny him a 50. Its mean spirited.

I feel the English squad can be divided into two groups. Those like Anderson and Cook who have missed out on the IPL bus and feel hard done by. Then you have KP Buttler and co who are much cooler.