Why Dhoni is not playing Ranji Trophy...

MCcricket

Why shouldnt he take his responsibility to stay match fit  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should he allowed to play ODI without match practise

Ok tell me who should replace him? Pappu, Saha, Samson, Pant who? Be honest...anyone believes that any of the above player is a better bat than MSD in LOIs? In addition his keeping is amazing and running between the wicket/fitness is 2nd to none.

MSD is still India's 2nd best ODI player after Kohli. He is 34 (2 years elder to Murli and 4 years to Ashwin/Rohit). What is the rush to make him retire?

Ideal scenario will be MSD should be stripped off captaincy and give it to Virat. Let Dhoni bat at no.4 and enjoy his game as a wk batsman only. I am pretty sure he can contribute as a player till 2019 WC.

Also one more important thing...yes Kohli is doing great as a skipper. But lets all calm down and wait till we tour overseas to see if he is really that good. All ex skippers including Dhoni looked great in India. Moment we step overseas all look gray. Remember in 2013 when Aust toured us for 7 match ODI seris how we were chasing 350+ for fun. Rohit was scoring doubles, Virat scoring fastest 100 by an Indian etc. We toured SA next and couldnt win a single game.

So its one thing performing in India but another if we can replicate the same overseas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Ok tell me who should replace him? Pappu, Saha, Samson, Pant who? Be honest...anyone believes that any of the above player is a better bat than MSD in LOIs? In addition his keeping is amazing and running between the wicket/fitness is 2nd to none.

MSD is still India's 2nd best ODI player after Kohli. He is 34 (2 years elder to Murli and 4 years to Ashwin/Rohit). What is the rush to make him retire?

Ideal scenario will be MSD should be stripped off captaincy and give it to Virat. Let Dhoni bat at no.4 and enjoy his game as a wk batsman only. I am pretty sure he can contribute as a player till 2019 WC.

Also one more important thing...yes Kohli is doing great as a skipper. But lets all calm down and wait till we tour overseas to see if he is really that good. All ex skippers including Dhoni looked great in India. Moment we step overseas all look gray. Remember in 2013 when Aust toured us for 7 match ODI seris how we were chasing 350+ for fun. Rohit was scoring doubles, Virat scoring fastest 100 by an Indian etc. We toured SA next and couldnt win a single game.

So its one thing performing in India but another if we can replicate the same overseas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:om: look deep within the questions you seek...answer is found within.

Just now, sandeep said:

Is that you or the frog talking.

Lol.....cmon man....you were not in on the joke...I was jinxing all along. :five:  we did it bro 3-0

Anyways England embarrassed themselves by making a good surface seem like a minefield....totally happy with that.

Anyways on topic, Dhoni needs to prove match fitness...who cares he can run faster than xyz....so can usain Bolt....doesn't do anything...He will just comeback and suck the momentum out.

Watch out for the England ODI squad...Hales,Duckett,Butler,Stokes etc will be smacking 350+ everytime and he can be stuck in his retarded theory to take the game till the last ball so that he can hit a glory shot for the pics and lose the game and talk about process.

1 minute ago, Stumped said:

Not sure he will be given he's not in the squad.

Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Liam Dawson, Alex Hales, Eoin Morgan(c), Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes,

Yeah just checked......stupid move this...Duckett has 2 50's in 3 ODI's and he would have thrived on the ODI surfaces in India....Bairstow is a poor ODI batsman anyways

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yeah, lets call Bolt to play for India because he is the fastest runner in the world.

@Sidhoni's Point is that he is fit to play regardless of no match practice. Fitter than most guys. 

It is not that he is going to just show up to the stadium on the day of the first game in his Hummer. He wil go through 5-6 net sessions and that should be enough at that international level. 

Playing one extra Ranji game won't suddenly go the extra mile. He rather just miss the four day format and keep his body healthy and just do some basic fitness routine like light gym workout and few net sessions. 

1 hour ago, diga said:

Fastest runner doesn't mean the most suitable for #4 position 

45 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yeah, lets call Bolt to play for India because he is the fastest runner in the world.

I think its very clear this thread was about whether he has the fitness required to play, and so my point about him running faster than anyone despite being a good 6-8 years older than them apart from squats for 50 overs.

4 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

I think its very clear this thread was about whether he has the fitness required to play, and so my point about him running faster than anyone despite being a good 6-8 years older than them apart from squats for 50 overs.

Being physically fit is not the same as being match fit.... if dhoni is so much phaaaaster than any one else playing cricket in India right now then he should quit cricket and start training for olympics