Calling it now - Ashwin will win us a series in South Africa and Australia

Laaloo

10 hours ago, sandeep said:

For us to play Ash and Jaddu, either Pandya has to evolve into a decent enough option as 3rd seamer - a la Stokes or better - or we find a wicketkeeper good enough to bat at #5 - or a combination of Jaddu getting more reliable  with the bat (very possible) and our 3 seamers being fit and quality enough not to need a 4th seam bowling option.  

Pandya as 3rd seamer is really far fetched IMO.  Our best chances as of now to play Ash and Jaddu overseas is Shami, Bhuvi and Ishant/Umesh being superfit and in excellent form.  

you will need a 5th bowling option overseas.

7 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Let's see what happens in Aus.

He shouldn't even play in Aus, we need a wrist spinner like Kuldeep there. I expect Ashwin to do well in Eng. He gave us Centurion test on a platter but our fielders and keeper denied him a 10fer.

Edited by Gollum
7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Ashwin did have chance to win second test in SA but he flopped big time.He has not been the same since his hernia operation.That loop is missing he is not beating batsmen using his flight. 

It was a very slow pitch. In the first innings they dropped 3 or 4 catches of his bowling. Up and down pitch doesn’t mean it helps spinners. 

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

He was the worst bowler in CT and he did not disappoint in SA. Why he not under the chopping block is beyond me.

His batting saves him and his record also is a factor.But last one one year  in 2017 he has been very average at home too. in 11 tests mostly at home he had just two 5fers.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

It was a very slow pitch. In the first innings they dropped 3 or 4 catches of his bowling. Up and down pitch doesn’t mean it helps spinners. 

Why is everyone keep bringing his dropped catches of first innings.What did he do in second innings.You are playing in SA so don't expect bunsen burners that pitch would be one of most spin friendly wickets he will get away from India.

21 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why is everyone keep bringing his dropped catches of first innings.What did he do in second innings.You are playing in SA so don't expect bunsen burners that pitch would be one of most spin friendly wickets he will get away from India.

You should look at the context. Dropping two balls in a row means he lost 2 wickets. In conditions like SA I expect 2 or 3 wits max from spinners I t is baloney to say conditions were Indian. If it were Indian he would run through them. It was a slow dead pitch with variable bounce. If anyone that would benefit that would be seamers who bowls straight. He probably would have ended up with 7 wickets but for drops.

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You should look at the context. Dropping two balls in a row means he lost 2 wickets. In conditions like SA I expect 2 or 3 wits max from spinners I t is baloney to say conditions were Indian. If it were Indian he would run through them. It was a slow dead pitch with variable bounce. If anyone that would benefit that would be seamers who bowls straight. He probably would have ended up with 7 wickets but for drops.

There was one very difficult catch dropped in second innings.He did nothing in second innings i was watching whole innings as Holding correctly pointed out his line was total negative.He has reverted back to 2013/2014 Ashwin, that Ashwin who got his loop in 2015 till Chennai test against England is missing.He needs to bowl over the wicket to righties .

Jadeja has been more effective than him in first innings at home for quite some time. 

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

There was one very difficult catch dropped in second innings.He did nothing in second innings i was watching whole innings as Holding correctly pointed out his line was total negative.He has reverted back to 2013/2014 Ashwin, that Ashwin who got his loop in 2015 till Chennai test against England is missing.He needs to bowl over the wicket to righties .

Jadeja has been more effective than him in first innings at home for quite some time. 

Tell me who picked more wickets for SA in the 2nd innings? A 140k seamer. Not a spinner. I really like to see Ngidi taking a sixfer  in ‘Indian conditions’. It was a smokescreen. Fact is it was nothing like Indian besides Kookaburra ball is not SG ball. This has far less pronounced seam. Despite all that he created several chances.  Our batsmen were the culprits. Runouts reckless shots 

Edited by vvvslaxman