Guess who gets dropped

Texan

Bhuvi has been really unlucky, either injured and then he got the worst pitch for seamers in this series in Mumbai. Also, Yadav has been givn so many chances and has been really average

Having said that, the way Kohli has been winning so many matches, I would trust his judgement over mine. He clearly has a plan for pacers and believes in fast bowling. Experimenting in a dead rubber is not wrong. I just hope Yadav does something to justify his trust

1 minute ago, New guy said:

Bhuvi has been really unlucky, either injured and then he got the worst pitch for seamers in this series in Mumbai. Also, Yadav has been givn so many chances and has been really average

Having said that, the way Kohli has been winning so many matches, I would trust his judgement over mine. He clearly has a plan for pacers and believes in fast bowling. Experimenting in a dead rubber is not wrong. I just hope Yadav does something to justify his trust

This is what  I feel too.

Kohli and Kumble want to create a pool of  genuine fast bowlers who are good bowlers also.  

Umesh might not last in the long run if he is not good but will be replaced by another genuine fast bowler.

We want to push the batsmen onto the back-foot,  batter our opponents into submission and I like it.

Bhuvi will feel sad but will definitely get his chances in the ODIs and T20Is.

Kohli and Kumble want to create a pool of  genuine fast bowlers who are good bowlers also.  

Umesh might not last in the long run if he is not good but will be replaced by another genuine fast bowler.

We want to push the batsmen onto the back-foot,  batter our opponents into submission and I like it.

Thing is though we have hardly given any chance to any young seamers .It's mostly been rotating between the same 3-4 bowlers .This isn't creating a pool of fast bowlers just picking horses for courses .

We had a pretty good chance today to blood a young seamer and have played Ishant and Yadav .Apart from playing 5 bowlers the selections have so far been mostly about maintain status quo.Selections of Parthiv and Gambhir smacks of that as well.

5 minutes ago, Texy said:

Ya it's unfair but Bhuvi was bowling at 120ks...and very avg in non swinging conditions. Rightfully dropped. 

averages 29 in India so you are full of horse shit. Yadav has sucked this year completely. If Bhuvi is very average, Yadav is clearly below average. In one of the worst pitches last match, Bhuvi still picked a wicket and Yadav didnt

And of course geniuses like you will ignore that any bowler's pace will drop if he bowls 8-9 overs on the trot. Yadav gets 3-4 over spells and long gaps. Bhuvi bowls 8 on the trot and you are surprised if pace drops?

Edited by New guy
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

At the end of the day, you cant argue with success.

If 4 Bhuvis take more wicket with his dibbly dobblies swinging bananas over 'phaast' Umesh and making batsmen look uncomfortable, 4 Bhuvis it is.

You don't build a 'fast bowlers pool' or any pool for that matter by rewarding failure and penalizing success. Best way to create a fast bowler's pool is :

a) have a pool of talented fast bowlers in the first place

b) drop the worst bowler of the series and replace them with the next one in the bench, ala West Indies of the late 70s/early 80s. 

To create a pool of bowlers, each bowler has to remain hungry, motivated and know they have a chance if they do well. Not get dropped despite doing well.

14 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Thing is though we have hardly given any chance to any young seamers .It's mostly been rotating between the same 3-4 bowlers .This isn't creating a pool of fast bowlers just picking horses for courses .

We had a pretty good chance today to blood a young seamer and have played Ishant and Yadav .Apart from playing 5 bowlers the selections have so far been mostly about maintain status quo.Selections of Parthiv and Gambhir smacks of that as well.

Absolutely.

I would have played Shardul Thakur today and, if possible try Mukund , Pant and Kuldeep in place of Nair, Parthiv and Mishra.

This would build bench strength and that is not happening.

On 12/16/2016 at 0:22 PM, Muloghonto said:

At the end of the day, you cant argue with success.

If 4 Bhuvis take more wicket with his dibbly dobblies swinging bananas over 'phaast' Umesh and making batsmen look uncomfortable, 4 Bhuvis it is.

You don't build a 'fast bowlers pool' or any pool for that matter by rewarding failure and penalizing success. Best way to create a fast bowler's pool is :

a) have a pool of talented fast bowlers in the first place

b) drop the worst bowler of the series and replace them with the next one in the bench, ala West Indies of the late 70s/early 80s. 

To create a pool of bowlers, each bowler has to remain hungry, motivated and know they have a chance if they do well. Not get dropped despite doing well.

Thing is....Bhuvi has got success in tests whenever the playing conditions have favoured conventional swing.  He was specifically chosen for many such test matches.  

And I see that happening again...whenever  swing is expected....Bhuvi will play.

What we need to do is....look for new fast bowlers among the uncapped lot....to see if there are quick bowlers with better skills than Umesh....I strongly think that there are.

Edited by express bowling
46 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

unfair on boobie, needed to give him more chances on these pitches to prove himself. We already know what Yadav offers. Bhuvi also needs an extended run in test matches in India and not just be a selective pick.

Rkt the problem with BK is his utility how does a captain use him if conditions are not tailor made for seamers he is pedestrian more like Binny, Madan Lal, after first 12 overs what does a captain expect from Bhuvi? Also on 80% track even first spell he look mediocre if the pitch is not assisting pacers extremely, he cannot be effective with semi old ball with his limited pace n skills, as ball won't seam n with old ball he cannot be effective bowling at 127 K even if the ball reverses. His first spell is about 132 K to 137 K then he slows down to 130 to 127 K on ave, he is not fit enough to even keep bowling at his slowish pace n then bowls at Ganguly pace, so captain is handicapped.Why would a captain play a dead weight in 80% conditions?

4 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Rkt the problem with BK is his utility how does a captain use him if conditions are not tailor made for seamers he is pedestrian more like Binny, Madan Lal, after first 12 overs what does a captain expect from Bhuvi? Also on 80% track even first spell he look mediocre if the pitch is not assisting pacers extremely, he cannot be effective with semi old ball with his limited pace n skills, as ball won't seam n with old ball he cannot be effective bowling at 127 K even if the ball reverses. His first spell is about 132 K to 137 K then he slows down to 130 to 127 K on ave, he is not fit enough to even keep bowling at his slowish pace n then bowls at Ganguly pace, so captain is handicapped.Why would a captain play a dead weight in 80% conditions?

Your speed gun based analysis just shows that you are paying very little attention to the actual bowling in the middle; rather training your eyes staring at the speed gun.

Even on wicket with no assistance to pacers in Mumbai, Bhuvi despite not at his best was still able to get first innings centurion out in second innings for a golden duck, while Umesh stayed wicketless throughout the match.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thing is....Bhuvi has got success in tests whenever the playing conditions have favoured conventional swing.  He was specifically chosen for many test matches.  

And I see that happening again...whenever  swing is expected....Bhuvi will play.

What we need to do is....look for new fast bowlers among the uncapped lot....to see if there are quick bowlers with better skills than Umesh....I strongly think that there are.

Has he got opportunity to play in unfavorable conditions? How has Umesh fared in unfavorable conditions? How has Ishant fared in unfavorable conditions? You are talking as though Umesh and Ishant are match-winners on pattas. We do not know about all those you think are talented from FC cricket just like we do not know if Pant is a good Test keeper.