coffee_rules

Who names their kid knowing that the name is that of a tyrant?

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

Who opened the flood gates of islam to india first ? Major one that changed the country.. 

He was part of it 

Err no. Ghaznawi came before Prithvi Raj Chauhan did.

What opened the floodgates to India are the Indians themselves and our lack of horses. 

India spent 500 years, between 700 AD and 1200 AD annihilating itself. The Pratiharas-Pals-Rashtrakutas waged never-ending wars against each other for 300 straight years- till the Pratihara empire- the same that beat Mohammed Bin Qasim at the height of the Caliphate- was nothing more than a bunch of fragmented, petty kingdoms, the Rashtrakutas were destroyed, Pals were in terminal decline, etc.

Even in the south, the Chola-Chalukya wars were staggering in their bodycount. When you have 200 years of war, where kings like Vikramaditya VI and Kulothonga Chola are mobilizing 15,000 war elephants and 250,000 troops every war season for 10 straight years and this continues for another century, then you begin to understand why, just a 100 years after Kulothonga Chola, Malik Kafur journeyed nearly 2000 kms from his base, right into the Pandyan heartland and so much as sneezed and the Pandyas keeled over and died. 

Till invention of gunpowder & its use in India by Babur for the first time in 1550s, India has fallen to outsiders only twice in 1500+ years prior, when North India was unified under one empire : The Guptas lost to the Hepthalites (ancestors of the Abdali & most Afghan clans who migrated from Xinjiang), though they only lost the western half of their empire and Delhi Sultan Tughlaq lost to Timur. Thats it. in 1500 years. 

The moral of the story is, don't blame others for invading us, blame ourselves- if we hadn't destroyed our economic & military might by never-ending war for 500 years, the subcontinent would look a lot different.

40 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Err no. Ghaznawi came before Prithvi Raj Chauhan did.

What opened the floodgates to India are the Indians themselves and our lack of horses. 

India spent 500 years, between 700 AD and 1200 AD annihilating itself. The Pratiharas-Pals-Rashtrakutas waged never-ending wars against each other for 300 straight years- till the Pratihara empire- the same that beat Mohammed Bin Qasim at the height of the Caliphate- was nothing more than a bunch of fragmented, petty kingdoms, the Rashtrakutas were destroyed, Pals were in terminal decline, etc.

Even in the south, the Chola-Chalukya wars were staggering in their bodycount. When you have 200 years of war, where kings like Vikramaditya VI and Kulothonga Chola are mobilizing 15,000 war elephants and 250,000 troops every war season for 10 straight years and this continues for another century, then you begin to understand why, just a 100 years after Kulothonga Chola, Malik Kafur journeyed nearly 2000 kms from his base, right into the Pandyan heartland and so much as sneezed and the Pandyas keeled over and died. 

Till invention of gunpowder & its use in India by Babur for the first time in 1550s, India has fallen to outsiders only twice in 1500+ years prior, when North India was unified under one empire : The Guptas lost to the Hepthalites (ancestors of the Abdali & most Afghan clans who migrated from Xinjiang), though they only lost the western half of their empire and Delhi Sultan Tughlaq lost to Timur. Thats it. in 1500 years. 

The moral of the story is, don't blame others for invading us, blame ourselves- if we hadn't destroyed our economic & military might by never-ending war for 500 years, the subcontinent would look a lot different.

A very simple moral to learn: united we stand, divided we fall. Whether it is the Islamic invasions or the first war of independence in 1857, it is the one simple moral history has to teach us.

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

What kind of an arguement is this?

Ashok was an outsider to  the people of Kalinga. The very country he invaded and the soldiers he butchered. There wasn't a concept of India back then. 

Ashok is Indian name.

Muhammad, Mariyam etc. - non-indian names.

Hindi, Sanskrit etc. - Indian languages 

Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism- Indian religions.

Islam, Christianity- non-indian religions.

Islam - keeping aside the little good stuff, it mainly brought bloodshed, division, backwardness into Indian society.

I am no one to enforce and India is a free country but imo, Muslims should try to give Indian names to their children.

7 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Ashok is Indian name.

Islam - keeping aside the little good stuff, it mainly brought bloodshed, division, backwardness into Indian society.

I am no one to enforce and India is a free country but imo, Muslims should try to give Indian names to their children.

You mean Hindu name?

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

You mean Hindu name?

I mean a Hindi* name, Sanskrit name etc.

Almost no Muslims have such names.

Who cares from where some of the ancestors of Muslims came from....most may have been indian , some may have been from outside as well. But now, everyone is made from indian soil. 

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I mean a Hindi* name, Sanskrit name etc.

Almost no Muslims have such names.

Who cares from where some of the ancestors of Muslims came from....most may have been indian , some may have been from outside as well. But now, everyone is made from indian soil. 

What is a Hindi name?

On 12/20/2016 at 1:12 PM, velu said:

like how our padosis name their missiles who actually massacred , raped and screwed their earlier 

lets keep the village idiots out of this conversation please. this is an internal issue. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I never started the thread to criticise Saifeena as anti-national or communal, but to see how pinheaded they are to name their kid after somebody who is seen as evil in history. Not only to the Indian region , but to humanity. Nobody is gunning for them to change his name or ban names. 

This post is one of those like "I don't mean to sound racist...but"

Dude, get over it. someone named their kid whatever, who cares.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

It's just a name and not an advertisement for the invader. In fact the name is Timur Ali Khan and not Timur or Tamerlane

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Ashok is Indian name.

Aha!

You choose to essay this rhetoric in English, a very un-Indian language on a website  (a non-Indian concept) about cricket (an un-Indian sport).

I am no one to enforce and India is a free country, but imo Indians when pontificating on the "concept of Indianness" to other Indians should use an Indian language. Like Pali, Ardhamagadhi or Vedic Sanskrit. Makes more of an impact.

31 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Aha!

You choose to essay this rhetoric in English, a very un-Indian language on a website  (a non-Indian concept) about cricket (an un-Indian sport).

I am no one to enforce and India is a free country, but imo Indians when pontificating on the "concept of Indianness" to other Indians should use an Indian language. Like Pali, Ardhamagadhi or Vedic Sanskrit. Makes more of an impact.

Yes ...I use Hindi while speaking always unless it isn't understood by others....

People who use English unnecessarily thinking they will make a better impression are pitiable...

But people should learn English as entire world speaks it....

Don't mix web forums. Web forums is written English not spoken English. It is a miniscule part of my life. 

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

WTF! I didn't like some of the responses, hence the disclaimer. Mocking at somebody's choice of name is not racist, BTW.

Story has reached even WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/12/20/bollywood-stars-give-their-newborn-son-the-controversial-name-of-a-brutal-islamic-conqueror/

Edited by coffee_rules

41 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

WTF! I didn't like some of the responses, hence the disclaimer. Mocking at somebody's choice of name is not racist, BTW.

Story has reached even WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/12/20/bollywood-stars-give-their-newborn-son-the-controversial-name-of-a-brutal-islamic-conqueror/

Lol, I am not calling you racist. I am just saying that your statement looked like one of those kind of statements where people try to say there aren't. I know you didn't mean that.

:beer-bottle:

i can guarantee that the kid will be bullied at school and directors/produces wont give him movie. He will probably still be in Industry , but may be as owner of production company. 

For sure, they have closed the acting/star career of bolly kids  future by naming him to a lame.

6 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Ashok is Indian name.

Looks like someone down voted you already. In before, people start calling you "communal" :afraid:

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

It applies to the couple who named their kids Taimur....we are very "secular" but we will name our kid after one of the most  blood thirsty savage generals of all time who happened to persecute a lot of people of their own country.

Edited by maniac

So killing a lot of Indians and then saying 'oops' and renouncing worldy pleasures definitely weighs over the fact that emperor Ashok was a mass murderer.

A 'get out of jail free' in the history books?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. That its okay for someone to name their kid 'Ashok' because he said sorry and not 'Taimur' because he was stupid/articulate enough to have his attrocities documented? Do I understand you right?

We digress anyways. The point here is that neither you , nor anyone else can say with any degree of certainity that Saifeena named the kid after the conqueror. 

He didn't killed person for fun and forced them to convert,znd beside his name means free from grief not sword of Islam as in the case of taimur and beside taimurlane wasn't an Indian citizen , you cannot compare a legendary king to a bas..tard like taimur, who killed for fun,beside Kareena stated in her interview that Saif is bit off a historian, so it is impossible that he doesn't know, who the F is taimur and what the F did he was responsible for,beside he isn't some random dude, he is a celebrity, and people do follow them, otherwise this matter would not have popped out .

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Oh my, how low have the kapoor family gone, From Prithvi Raj to Taimur. From an Indian great to Indian invader, Hindu massacrer, Delhi skull tower maker. All this loss of identity for what? having a net worth of 2-3 thousand crores instead of settling for 3-4 hundred crores.

All this talk of feminism and women empowerment from Bollywood actresses goes out of the window as soon marrying someone from Islamic family comes into the picture, then they quitely convert their religion, lose their identity, become Khans, their children become khans. At least keep some semblance of your identity alive by keeping one half of the name from your side.

58 minutes ago, Ironhide said:

Oh my, how low have the kapoor family gone, From Prithvi Raj to Taimur. From an Indian great to Indian invader, Hindu massacrer, Delhi skull tower maker. All this loss of identity for what? having a net worth of 2-3 thousand crores instead of settling for 3-4 hundred crores.

All this talk of feminism and women empowerment from Bollywood actresses goes out of the window as soon marrying someone from Islamic family comes into the picture, then they quitely convert their religion, lose their identity, become Khans, their children become khans. At least keep some semblance of your identity alive by keeping one half of the name from your side.

Why bring Kapoor family to this. Kareena is now part of Khan family. Why blame

the Kapoor family for this? 

Their family is going to protect their kid off course, but Kareena does't belong to Kapoor family anymore. 

1 hour ago, Sajid_Rana said:

Indians have no problem when people name their kids after terrorist bhagat singh but take out knives to attack when a kid is named after one of greta warriors of Islam

Terrorist? pakistan is a country today and not under British rule because of people like him who fought for the land. If not for him and others, jinnah uncle would have had to work as barber or taylor all his life. 

1 hour ago, Ironhide said:

Kya gawaar post hai. 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

It applies to the couple who named their kids Taimur....we are very "secular" but we will name our kid after one of the most  blood thirsty savage generals of all time who happened to persecute a lot of people of their own country.

I get it, I am one of those who doesn't think like that or get bothered or offended by it. I am happy, jolly person :) but you do raise a point which is valid :agree: and worth the discussion. 

On 12/20/2016 at 0:53 PM, punjabi_khota said:

>Who names their kid after a tyrant?

Muthuvel Karunanidhi

On 12/20/2016 at 2:33 PM, Mariyam said:

How come no outrage when the other Khan named his son Aryan?? After, you know, the invading tribes that subdued and displaced the locals of the Indus Valley region. The actual sons/daughters of the soil.

The name Taimur predates the barbaric emperor Timur. To say that the couple named the kid after the Central Asian conqueror is pure conjecture on the part of the OP.

As an aside, the worst name for a star kid is Mimoh/Mahaakshay. Why do parents do that to their kids? 

good attempts at deflection.

Not lets focus on the name

Taimur.

Why would historian Saif name his son born in India, on a genocider, maniac like Timur who killed millions of Indians ?  what does he find so special about the name. Is it elitist mulsim machismo ? that tendency is going get quashed like a little fly in current India, again and again, crualy at time like what is happening in this case. A small baby new born is such a precious gift, hope they dont read news papers.

Its their choice what they name their child, but you can not stop others from deducing and coming to conclusions based on their choice of the name, that the world we live in unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Ashok and Sikander also are names of tyrants. even nathuram is name of murderer.

Ashok is from Dharmic faith, Sikander is European(pre christian). We are cool with that, but not with Islamic genocidal maniacs basically. 

3 hours ago, Sajid_Rana said:

Indians have no problem when people name their kids after terrorist bhagat singh but take out knives to attack when a kid is named after one of greta warriors of Islam

We don't have problems with great warriors of Islam. Which is why we don't care if you named your kids Khalid. But we do have a problem with genocidal maniacs like Mr. Useless destroyer aka Timur. Who FYI killed more Muslims than kaffirs. But we fully expect Pakistanis to glorify him, since you lot glorify those who raped and killed your ancestors anyways. 

46 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

And cool with communist tyrants with 10 million deaths to his credit.

10 million Indian deaths? Now please don't count naxal movement etc.

so karuna being a tool justifies this?

sure both parties are equally thick just that Karuna gets the bronze and saif Ali gets the gold...I am sure there will be someone else in between in the silver category

1 minute ago, Deucalion said:

I have read somewhere from Internet that Pakistan's first ICBM is going to be name after Taimur. 

Considering that it will be Chinese or NoKo hand-me-downs, it should be called Mao or Kim.

Timur massacred Lahore and laid waste to Swat. So it makes sense Pakistanis will want to glorify another guy who obliterated their ancestors and played Lego with their skulls.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Ashok is from Dharmic faith, Sikander is European(pre christian). We are cool with that, but not with Islamic genocidal maniacs basically. 

But they did kill people. so why name Ashok Sikander. Even Karan fought in the side of adharma. How about Nathuram. That name has Ram in it.

13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Considering that it will be Chinese or NoKo hand-me-downs, it should be called Mao or Kim.

Timur massacred Lahore and laid waste to Swat. So it makes sense Pakistanis will want to glorify another guy who obliterated their ancestors and played Lego with their skulls.

Taimur means Iron, isnt it ? and Saifeena baby boy name is also Taimur . whats the Big deal. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

10 million Indian deaths? Now please don't count naxal movement etc.

so karuna being a tool justifies this?

sure both parties are equally thick just that Karuna gets the bronze and saif Ali gets the gold...I am sure there will be someone else in between in the silver category

If Stalin can (will) become chief minister of a state such as TN with a highly educated populace, I think Taimur will do fine.

Edited by punjabi_khota

12 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

who gives a crap? its his child, he can name it Tyrannosaurus Rex if he wants. here in america, we have celebrities naming their kids north west and Pilot Inspektor. 

right. May be kareena believes in invasion. She tried hard through her acting. now this. her child.

did India exist when taimur came here. may be he cam thinking this was america

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye