Who names their kid knowing that the name is that of a tyrant?

coffee_rules

Oh my, how low have the kapoor family gone, From Prithvi Raj to Taimur. From an Indian great to Indian invader, Hindu massacrer, Delhi skull tower maker. All this loss of identity for what? having a net worth of 2-3 thousand crores instead of settling for 3-4 hundred crores.

All this talk of feminism and women empowerment from Bollywood actresses goes out of the window as soon marrying someone from Islamic family comes into the picture, then they quitely convert their religion, lose their identity, become Khans, their children become khans. At least keep some semblance of your identity alive by keeping one half of the name from your side.

58 minutes ago, Ironhide said:

Oh my, how low have the kapoor family gone, From Prithvi Raj to Taimur. From an Indian great to Indian invader, Hindu massacrer, Delhi skull tower maker. All this loss of identity for what? having a net worth of 2-3 thousand crores instead of settling for 3-4 hundred crores.

All this talk of feminism and women empowerment from Bollywood actresses goes out of the window as soon marrying someone from Islamic family comes into the picture, then they quitely convert their religion, lose their identity, become Khans, their children become khans. At least keep some semblance of your identity alive by keeping one half of the name from your side.

Why bring Kapoor family to this. Kareena is now part of Khan family. Why blame

the Kapoor family for this? 

Their family is going to protect their kid off course, but Kareena does't belong to Kapoor family anymore. 

1 hour ago, Sajid_Rana said:

Indians have no problem when people name their kids after terrorist bhagat singh but take out knives to attack when a kid is named after one of greta warriors of Islam

Terrorist? pakistan is a country today and not under British rule because of people like him who fought for the land. If not for him and others, jinnah uncle would have had to work as barber or taylor all his life. 

1 hour ago, Ironhide said:

Kya gawaar post hai. 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

It applies to the couple who named their kids Taimur....we are very "secular" but we will name our kid after one of the most  blood thirsty savage generals of all time who happened to persecute a lot of people of their own country.

I get it, I am one of those who doesn't think like that or get bothered or offended by it. I am happy, jolly person :) but you do raise a point which is valid :agree: and worth the discussion. 

On 12/20/2016 at 0:53 PM, punjabi_khota said:

>Who names their kid after a tyrant?

Muthuvel Karunanidhi

On 12/20/2016 at 2:33 PM, Mariyam said:

How come no outrage when the other Khan named his son Aryan?? After, you know, the invading tribes that subdued and displaced the locals of the Indus Valley region. The actual sons/daughters of the soil.

The name Taimur predates the barbaric emperor Timur. To say that the couple named the kid after the Central Asian conqueror is pure conjecture on the part of the OP.

As an aside, the worst name for a star kid is Mimoh/Mahaakshay. Why do parents do that to their kids? 

good attempts at deflection.

Not lets focus on the name

Taimur.

Why would historian Saif name his son born in India, on a genocider, maniac like Timur who killed millions of Indians ?  what does he find so special about the name. Is it elitist mulsim machismo ? that tendency is going get quashed like a little fly in current India, again and again, crualy at time like what is happening in this case. A small baby new born is such a precious gift, hope they dont read news papers.

Its their choice what they name their child, but you can not stop others from deducing and coming to conclusions based on their choice of the name, that the world we live in unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Sajid_Rana said:

Indians have no problem when people name their kids after terrorist bhagat singh but take out knives to attack when a kid is named after one of greta warriors of Islam

We don't have problems with great warriors of Islam. Which is why we don't care if you named your kids Khalid. But we do have a problem with genocidal maniacs like Mr. Useless destroyer aka Timur. Who FYI killed more Muslims than kaffirs. But we fully expect Pakistanis to glorify him, since you lot glorify those who raped and killed your ancestors anyways. 

46 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

And cool with communist tyrants with 10 million deaths to his credit.

10 million Indian deaths? Now please don't count naxal movement etc.

so karuna being a tool justifies this?

sure both parties are equally thick just that Karuna gets the bronze and saif Ali gets the gold...I am sure there will be someone else in between in the silver category

1 minute ago, Deucalion said:

I have read somewhere from Internet that Pakistan's first ICBM is going to be name after Taimur. 

Considering that it will be Chinese or NoKo hand-me-downs, it should be called Mao or Kim.

Timur massacred Lahore and laid waste to Swat. So it makes sense Pakistanis will want to glorify another guy who obliterated their ancestors and played Lego with their skulls.

13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Considering that it will be Chinese or NoKo hand-me-downs, it should be called Mao or Kim.

Timur massacred Lahore and laid waste to Swat. So it makes sense Pakistanis will want to glorify another guy who obliterated their ancestors and played Lego with their skulls.

Taimur means Iron, isnt it ? and Saifeena baby boy name is also Taimur . whats the Big deal.