Dhoni Fans troll Ashwin

CG

New Delhi: Even after winning two ICC awards - ICC Cricketer of the Year and Test Cricketer of the Year - on Thursday, Ravichandran Ashwin is making news is getting trolled by fans on Twitter.

In his thank you speech, the world number one bowler and all-rounder in Test cricket, after winning the prestigious awards, thanked Team India, management team, his wife and family for his success.

The Tamil Nadu lad went on to thank his Test captain Virat Kohli and coach Anil Kumble in a series of tweets.

However, Ashwin missed out on acknowledging the limited-overs captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who is credited by many for grooming him into the bowler that he is today.

Ashwin's thank you speech in a video released on Indian cricket team's Facebook page:

There are a lot of people to thank for this wonderful achievement I have made. It has been a great couple of years but this year has been even more special. What is very noticeable is the way I have bowled and batted and the way I have gone about doing my business. What is more important, as far as I am concerned, is the number of people who have gone behind my success."

I'd like to dedicate this award to my family. I'd like to thank ICC and most importantly my team-mates. I'd also like to thank the support staff for our success. We've had a great transition ever since Mahendra Singh Dhoni hung up his boots. A young captain has taken over, we fell on the right track, and we now have a new bunch of boys.

It's an absolute pleasure to be awarded with this great honour. It feels great to follow the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid in being named as the ICC Cricketer of the Year. To also win the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year makes it even better.

Dhoni supporters expected a word of gratitude for the limited-overs captain but after seeing Ashwin missing out MSD's name in his thank you speech and tweets, they vented their anger on Twitter.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.news18.com/cricketnext/amp/news/ravichandran-ashwin-snubs-ms-dhoni-fans-troll-offie-1326794.html

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A similar thing happened with Sehwag, isn't it  ?  

As far as I remember, he also did not thank  Dhoni.   

Lol, just shows the juvenile mindset of The Fans lol, it's like Dad hitting a kid because he says he loves his mom more lol .

Same things with the trolls n keyboard warriors who want to raise their insignificant self esteem or insecurities by acting as pests, best to be ignored.

Lol, just shows the juvenile mindset of The Fans lol, it's like Dad hitting a kid because he says he loves his mom more lol .

Same things with the trolls n keyboard warriors who want to raise their insignificant self esteem or insecurities by acting as pests, best to be ignored.

Fans are fans. You are unfairly critical on Dhoni fans alone. Remember Sachinistas went bezerk over the statement of Sharapova and attacked her on social media? How Kohli fans attacked Mitchel Johnson/James Anderson? How Sehwag fans attacked Piers Morgan?

As far as this topic is concerned, Ash has every right to thank whom ever he want. But it sounds little selfish when you dont thank a man who captained you in most cricket matches you played in your career. Sehwag not thanking MS was different story as Viru was senior to Dhoni and played under various captains.

Ashwin is bit of a politician too. When MSD was captain in all formats, he once said he can even die for his skipper. Now knowing Kohli will take over all formats soon, he is trying to suck upto Virat.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Oh yes n the likes who would take their time to negatively vote for the post, how childish n retarded, maybe that's it, de ja vu , was expecting that, in a foreign country, along n waiting for asylum request to be approved while washing dishes , eh!, Well I know you might feel that way n why.N don't prove me right again, by, replying or all will see a looser n you r not kid.

After Meyappan and CSK Betting Saga Ashwin Dhoni relations may have been soured.Dhoni after all put his reputation in line to save his boss .May be Ashwin had some self-respect which Dhoni lacks.

Then why did Ashwin was at the forefront of TNPL which was a Srini tournament .That too after moving on from India cement to Chemplast.Did his self respect went for a walk then ?

10 hours ago, CG said:

Yeah except ishant Sharma.Dhoni had some pretty disgusting comments about bowlers like mindless and others.So can't blame them.

I often wonder how Sreesanth would have fared under Kohli. The guy was crazy, no doubt but after his South Africa exploits Kohli would have backed him a lot and maybe he would have tamed down a bit? What do you guys think? No doubt, his downfall was his own fault but I often wonder

Edited by New guy
5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Fans are fans. You are unfairly critical on Dhoni fans alone. Remember Sachinistas went bezerk over the statement of Sharapova and attacked her on social media? How Kohli fans attacked Mitchel Johnson/James Anderson? How Sehwag fans attacked Piers Morgan?

As far as this topic is concerned, Ash has every right to thank whom ever he want. But it sounds little selfish when you dont thank a man who captained you in most cricket matches you played in your career. Sehwag not thanking MS was different story as Viru was senior to Dhoni and played under various captains.

Ashwin is bit of a politician too. When MSD was captain in all formats, he once said he can even die for his skipper. Now knowing Kohli will take over all formats soon, he is trying to suck upto Virat.

Hmm but Sachin fans were targeted for being "Sachinstas" for a long time. That word was frequented on this site by Velu and repeated by Viper a lot. So why cant Dhoni fans be criticized now?

Hmm but Sachin fans were targeted for being "Sachinstas" for a long time. That word was frequented on this site by Velu and repeated by Viper a lot. So why cant Dhoni fans be criticized now?

Sachin is the only player in India loved and admired by almost all Indians. But even after getting so much love, Sachinistas used to take their blind obsession to a different level. Thats what irked most level headed fans and it was more of an anger towards Sachinistas than the man himself.

Dhoni was a complete different story. He was bit like John Cena of Indian cricket...people simply love to hate him. During his early captaincy years, Ganguly fans hated him because they somehow thought MS was the reason for his ouster from the team. Now Kohli fans hate him accusing him of overstaying in the team. Not only fans even cricketers like Gambhir, Sehwag, VVS etc. all had their few tussles with Dhoni. Yuvraj's father openly took his frustration out in media by saying "Aisa chamaar marunga..." :hysterical:

So Sachin's and Dhonis case are completely different. Sachinistas were pure insecure obsession without any reason where as Dhoni fans fight day in and out to save their idol from hatemongers.