Sri Lanka Tour Of South Africa Dec 26 - Feb 10, 2017

G_B_

• Sun Dec 18 - Tue Dec 2010:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    South African Invitation XI v Sri LankansSenwes Park, PotchefstroomLIVE
  • Mon Dec 26 - Fri Dec 3010:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    1st Test - South Africa v Sri LankaSt George's Park, Port ElizabethLIVE
  • Mon Jan 2 - Fri Jan 6, 201710:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    2nd Test - South Africa v Sri LankaNewlands, Cape TownLIVE
  • Thu Jan 12 - Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:00 local(08:00 GMT)
    3rd Test - South Africa v Sri LankaNew Wanderers Stadium, JohannesburgLIVE
  • Fri Jan 20, 2017 (20 ovs)18:00 local (16:00 GMT)
    1st T20I - South Africa v Sri LankaSuperSport Park, CenturionLIVE N
  • Sun Jan 22, 2017 (20 ovs)14:30 local (12:30 GMT)
    2nd T20I - South Africa v Sri LankaNew Wanderers Stadium, JohannesburgLIVE
  • Wed Jan 25, 2017 (20 ovs)18:00 local (16:00 GMT)
    3rd T20I - South Africa v Sri LankaNewlands, Cape TownLIVE N
  • Sat Jan 28, 2017 (50 ovs)10:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    1st ODI - South Africa v Sri LankaSt George's Park, Port ElizabethLIVE
  • Wed Feb 1, 2017 (50 ovs)13:30 local (11:30 GMT)
    2nd ODI - South Africa v Sri LankaKingsmead, DurbanLIVE D/N
  • Sat Feb 4, 2017 (50 ovs)13:30 local (11:30 GMT)
    3rd ODI - South Africa v Sri LankaNew Wanderers Stadium, JohannesburgLIVE D/N
  • Tue Feb 7, 2017 (50 ovs)13:30 local (11:30 GMT)
    4th ODI - South Africa v Sri LankaNewlands, Cape TownLIVE D/N
  • Fri Feb 10, 2017 (50 ovs)13:30 local (11:30 GMT)
    5th ODI - South Africa v Sri LankaSuperSport Park, CenturionLIVE D/N
3 hours ago, MCcricket said:

N Pradeep seems to be bowling with some heat, around 140 ish, smooth action n looks good, Lakmal has lost quite a bit of pace is bowling around 127 k , lets see Chameera.

How does Umesh ,Aaron compare pace wise with them and others 

I rate Shami higher than most of them but Chameera is probably the one who really has that x-factor which Umesh and Aaron have not shown.

Currently Chameera is bowling 135-140 but in New Zealand tour earlier in the year, he was literally clocking around 145+ most time and bowled with great accuracy and even used the short ball to an extent where he troubled all the Kiwi players. He really bowled well on that tour compared to all the recent Asian bowlers I have seen bowling in New Zealand conditions. He got crucial wickets and broke p'ships by mixing up his deliveries and bowling those fast unplayable short deliveries.

I need to see more of him recently but he is Sri Lanka's most important bowling weapon whenever they play overseas. It will be nice to see how he goes in South Africa, during this whole test series. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenSun said:

Gee JP looks so sublime today....

Aussie tour does something good to him every time he tours there. He gains his confidence back every time he goes there and here also it looks like he has started to find his form again after eecently being in Australia and doing well there. He has so much talent but just loses his way many times and gets complacent. Something what Rohit Sharma does too, often. 

2 hours ago, laaloo said:

South Africa need to promote de kock up the order. No flair or excitement in their top 5/6 at all. So boring 

SA have only one batter who averages 45+ in their top six.  

Three of them average less than 36...that is poor.

deKock deserves to bat at No. 6 or even No. 5  based on his average of 50+.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Would love to see Lanka take a lead here but it will be really tough. I want to see RSA challenged. Lanka did bowl to them, but a below par score from their batting lineup here could mean they will be chasing 400+. They have to try to score 300. Very hard but that will help. 

Their batting looks inexperienced n weak also tail is too long, lets see?

9 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Their batting looks inexperienced n weak also tail is too long, lets see?

Yep, but surely they can lend some hand to Matthews and Chandimal to get close to at least 260ish which will be a really respectable total in these conditions.

Sri Lanka do not have experienced guys but their batting is still decent to post 250+ scores. Now if they fail consistently to do it on this tour, it will mean they were really bad. Lot relies on Chandimal and Matthews, two senior guys. This will be a crucial p'ship. I want to see them build a p'ship here actually. Would like to see RSA challenged. 

4 hours ago, chewy said:

Philanderer is the most accurate bowler I have seen, absolutely tight, and hardly touching 130kph

Extremely good in his conditions. You saw how he kept moving that slip fielder for one batsman to short mid wicket and as soon as it was the other guy, he would bring that fielder back to 4th slip and he would try to bowl out swing to bring that slip fielder in play. Bowled extremely well today. Great skills.