Heart warming to see Bangladesh becoming a top side

maniac

This present Bangladesh team at best is as good as or maybe a a notch above or below the Zimbabwe team of the 90's when they had 2 world class talent (Streak and A.Flower)and a bunch of good-decent players who competed against the best...Ran the good sides close,Won the odd big game and were dangerous at their best but didn't win a lot ....They were still the weakest side.

This Bangladesh side is similar.

Edited by maniac

I don't recall anyone saying otherwise. They are still minnows. Slogging their way to a couple of victories in home conditions doesn't change that fact. In fact, Zimbabwe also performed admirably at home in recent times (the current is their worst team, ever - incidentally Bangladeshs are fielding their best team ever). Give Zimboks more chances and they will do as well as Bangladeshs.

Trust me on this that if ICC, who is already working in USA and can sort out the corruption in USA cricket, then USA got it in them to beat the likes of Bangladesh 3 out of 5 times. Bangladesh is lucky to have had the support of BCCI and Asian cricket council unlike associate teams like Ireland etc who get one off games with the major nations. 

Same can be said for Nepal.  Their players are some of the best in associate nations. Their captain Paras Khadke is really good, probabaly one of the best associate player I played with and against. Only if they get enough games, they can improve more and be better than teams like Bangladesh. 

Good at home and will only get better in future. Yes their fans are the most annoying idiots and their players like Rahim are also brainless but in the likes of Tamim, Mustafizur, Shakib they've got a very solid base. I also like that Soumya Sarkar. The day they stop celebrating their wins like a minnow and start behaving like a big team, then they might win something in the future. 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Trust me on this that if ICC, who is already working in USA and can sort out the corruption in USA cricket, then USA got it in them to beat the likes of Bangladesh 3 out of 5 times. Bangladesh is lucky to have had the support of BCCI and Asian cricket council unlike associate teams like Ireland etc who get one off games with the major nations. 

Same can be said for Nepal.  Their players are some of the best in associate nations. Their captain Paras Khadke is really good, probabaly one of the best associate player I played with and against. Only if they get enough games, they can improve more and be better than teams like Bangladesh. 

When and where , buddy ?

48 minutes ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

When and where , buddy ?

Recently 8 Nepali national player toured usa to play in a twenty20 tournament, called 2x cricket which is of two innings, so I played against them. Since there were only 8 players, the three other players they played on regular basis were - Rusty theron, a former South African and IPL player and two more west Indians.

Paras Khadke beat the hell out of Saeed Ajmal who was also playing in another team. He hit him for four sixes in an over. They won the tournament. 

I played with them when the same 8 nepali national players were invited to Maryland /Virginia to play in a charity game. Since they were three short, so me and my friend played for them to complete their team. 

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Recently 8 Nepali national player toured usa to play in a twenty20 tournament, called 2x cricket which is of two innings, so I played against them. Since there were only 8 players, the three other players they played on regular basis were - Rusty theron, a former South African and IPL player and two more west Indians.

Paras Khadke beat the hell out of Saeed Ajmal who was also playing in another team. He hit him for four sixes in an over. They won the tournament. 

I played with them when the same 8 nepali national players were invited to Maryland /Virginia to play in a charity game. Since they were three short, so me and my friend played for them to complete their team. 

oye hoye...celebrity!!!:p:

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Looks like ajmal bowling can be hit with lofted sweep shots. Hussey, yuvraj and the guy in the video did it as well.

6 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Looks like ajmal bowling can be hit with lofted sweep shots. Hussey, yuvraj and the guy in the video did it as well.

Yeah, look Ajmal isn't the same bowler any more and has lost confidence and will be hard for him to come back, but still he is a pretty good bowler, just not may be good enough to get past Yasir Shah and make it to Pakistan team again.

I loved that hitting from Hussey, the one you referred to from the semis. That was some unbelieveable batting. Ajmal was toughest to face then. 

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

not joking, you should write a blog on that.....True grassroots cricket in the development of a nation.

How much do people like Ajmal get paid? Is it like minor league baseball? Say clubs pitch in say 5000 a month plus lodging? Its what many clubs in England do at a semi professional level. Have seen Rajat Bhatia play for a semi amature side.

1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

not joking, you should write a blog on that.....True grassroots cricket in the development of a nation.

How much do people like Ajmal get paid? Is it like minor league baseball? Say clubs pitch in say 5000 a month plus lodging? Its what many clubs in England do at a semi professional level. Have seen Rajat Bhatia play for a semi amature side.

People have a lot of money here since most teams are run by Indians and Pakistanis who own their own IT firms and companies. They get 3-4 international players like Ajmal and they pay them about 300 dollars for a game and provide them lodging etc. I mean one month vacation and making about 2000 dollars isn't bad when you are not making anything back in West Indies or Pakistan.

We get lot of ex Ranji players also who recently retired but most cricketers come here from Pakistan as they are easily approachable and also from West Indies due the massive politics there and players getting dropped easily in their Islands and not making enough mone their. .

You will be surprised that regular West Indies players are playing regularly in USA, as the standard is good here plus money is also being offered. I mean who won't pick Lendl Simmons, the guy who single handedly knocked India out of the Worldt20 few months ago. 

13 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Say clubs pitch in say 5000 a month plus lodging? Its what many clubs in England do at a semi professional level. Have seen Rajat Bhatia play for a semi amature side.

Here most clubs work differently to England. Here our club cricket is basically our first class cricket. So for example, I do not pay a dime for my entrance fee for the club as the owner of my team takes care of it. Now some clubs do pitch in and come up with entrance fee etc. like you mentioned but in top leagues, most clubs are company owned and players just turn-up. This is where all these guys Like Narsingh Deonarine, Ricardo Powell, Mervn Dillon, Ajmal, Sunny Sohal, Rusty Theron, Abdul Razzaq etc play.