Heart warming to see Bangladesh becoming a top side

maniac

Depends, like the one where he got hit aboce, it was one off tournament so had about 5 games only.

Some players come for whole season and play about 14 games plus playoffs. There they get paid little less like 250 per game.

Some of the former first class players were driving cab here or were working in gas stations, but now they have gone back to playing cricket and have quit those jobs as they are able to make living here from cricket. 

Just now, Vilander said:

maniac you did this to BD..write a thread on them being top side immediately to correct the karma.

Bangladesh has a better test batting unit than both Pakistan and Sri Lanka. When I say better, I mean more settled as they know what their batting order is going to play the very next game as most their batsmen have been more than decent. They got a good opener in Tamim and Kayes and than in middle they got young Mominul, and old experienced guys like Mushfique and Sakib. Lanka and Pakistan are still bulilding while Bangladesh seems more settled. 

Well it is always an illusion....it is like a sling shot.....you pull back a little to shoot ahead(didn't intend it that way for all the dirty minds out there :giggle:

Rohit has a disastrous Lanka tour and comes back and starts hitting 200's for fun and 6's every other ball.

Ishant gets dropped but ends up on the honors board of the mecca of cricket.

Stokes gets smacked for 6's in a circus game but then makes 100's for fun all over the world.

Trust the Tigers to bail me out too 

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Bangladesh has a better test batting unit than both Pakistan and Sri Lanka. When I say better, I mean more settled as they know what their batting order is going to play the very next game as most their batsmen have been more than decent. They got a good opener in Tamim and Kayes and than in middle they got young Mominul, and old experienced guys like Mushfique and Sakib. Lanka and Pakistan are still bulilding while Bangladesh seems more settled. 

From what little I saw of him Mahmudullah flashed potential, but he appears to be going the Yuvi route, more of a white ball player, I guess.  But again, I haven't seen much of the BD players.  I don't know how much more they can get out of Tamim.  I guess like Mashrafe in LOI cricket, BD needs these guys to hang around for longer than their expiry date, for the experience they provide.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

From what little I saw of him Mahmudullah flashed potential, but he appears to be going the Yuvi route, more of a white ball player, I guess.  But again, I haven't seen much of the BD players.  I don't know how much more they can get out of Tamim.  I guess like Mashrafe in LOI cricket, BD needs these guys to hang around for longer than their expiry date, for the experience they provide.

Yes, Tamim is almost 10 years now here at Int'l cricket. He started to do really well recently. Even in this innings, he played like Sehwag and smacked Boult and Southee and he reached 50 in no time and out of 60 team runs he had 50 runs of his own. He always had that hitting ability earlier in his career, but with time he has really improved. 

He does probabaly look old now but he can probabaly go on for another 2-3 years I guess. Bangladesh needs such opener unless they got someone better in their domestic who can do something similar. 

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bangladesh cricket board in recent times seems to be BCCI lite in a good way...while there is corruption and politicking,they see that they can only get richer if the cricket is decent,the team starts winning and they have bankable stars.

They are way ahead of the Pak and Srilankan cricket boards

in many ways BD is India mini , over populous,pathetically poor, resource-less, south asian, cricket crazy country all the same but just much smaller than India. But for the bigger per capita islamic radicalism problem owing to the reason of them being a Muslim majority nation.

Write off BD at your own peril. They remind me of the early 90s SL team when a seemingly mediocre side with potential batting greats suddenly started blooming after gaining sufficient experience. Then the nucleus of the team was Ranatunga, D'silva, Ratnayake..They got Jayasuriya,elevated him and Murali and things changed.

Seeing some similar things happening with BD. All they need a good captain and then watch...