Our power hitters in Loi's!! Who are they?

11 hours ago, Mosher said:

Pant needs to be in the team now. Ishan too is good. Sarfaraz is another one who has a lot of potential and has a good temperament. Doesn't crumble under pressure. He just needs to work on his fitness. 

Also Sarfraz, Pant both have the appetite for challenges, they both love to take the charge.

In international cricket thats what matters the most.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Raina is past it. He is found out. Any bowler who bowls 135+ starts bowling bouncers as soon as he comes in and he becomes a sitting duck, did not have a good IPL too. There is a reason he was dropped.

That is the perception about being found out. He has been found out ever since he started playing cricket and people knew he had that weakness against the short ball before. Even years back when he got picked in test, he was found out then too, yet he has scored a lot of runs after that. Having a weakness doesn't mean you can't be good. People can't bowl short ball consistently, and even if they do, you do not have to be a great player to score runs after not being good with the short ball or being clueless to one kind of delivery.  People are still scoring runs in international cricket after being found out. And Raina has done that too. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

That is the perception about being found out. He has been found out ever since he started playing cricket and people knew he had that weakness against the short ball before. Even years back when he got picked in test, he was found out then too, yet he has scored a lot of runs after that. Having a weakness doesn't mean you can't be good. People can't bowl short ball consistently, and even if they do, you do not have to be a great player to score runs after not being good with the short ball or being clueless to one kind of delivery.  People are still scoring runs in international cricket after being found out. And Raina has done that too. 

I agree. Ganguly for bout d 1st half of his career couldn't put bat on ball on d leg side..but he somehow managed in d 2nd half n scored a lot too..

17 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He has not done in the recent past and was dropped.

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He has not done in the recent past and was dropped.

That's two different things. He was dropped for Zim tour also where players like Faiz Fazal were picked, and yet he was about to be picked for the India-NZ series recently, if he only he would have been fit.

He did well in Australia when he had two good knocks out three games and we won in Australia 3-0, and after that he just had one bad twenty20 tournament at home.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Surely is, we are mainly discussing on twenty20 right here. But yeah, I will keep him in 50 over squad too.

Thread asked for power hitter, and Raina is one of the biggest.

23 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Surely is, we are mainly discussing on twenty20 right here. But yeah, I will keep him in 50 over squad too.

Raina is not a big hitter by any means.  He can hit but wont say he is a bit hitter. 

25 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

That's two different things. He was dropped for Zim tour also where players like Faiz Fazal were picked, and yet he was about to be picked for the India-NZ series recently, if he only he would have been fit.

He did well in Australia when he had two good knocks out three games and we won in Australia 3-0, and after that he just had one bad twenty20 tournament at home.

Yes and that would have been a poor selection if they had picked him again without him doing anything anywhere as he was dropped for performance. Other than form, it is his fitness which has been biggest concern. Last time, he played for India, he was named Rainatunga. He was not the same Raina anymore who was an excellent fielder. For me, fitness is ultimate thing as a sportsman. You dont deserve to be in the team no matter how good you are as a cricketer if you are not fit.

29 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We are discussing power-hitters in both ODIs and T20s here,,,,those who will preferably bat between No.5 and No.8 and will tackle the slog overs.

We should look for the new-age power-hitters....the good ones can bat at amazing SRs.

Raina is fat, unfit and out of form

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We are discussing power-hitters in both ODIs and T20s here,,,,those who will preferably bat between No.5 and No.8 and will tackle the slog overs.

We should look for the new-age power-hitters....the good ones can bat at amazing SRs.

Also, Raina is not exactly a big hitter. He cannot clear big grounds. World cup was an example where he kept getting out in the outfield trying to big shots. Yuvraj was a big hitter, not Raina.

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Also, Raina is not exactly a big hitter. He cannot clear big grounds. World cup was an example where he kept getting out in the outfield trying to big shots. Yuvraj was a big hitter, not Raina.

True....big hitters are those who can  (   hit big sixes quite regularly +  hit the ball very powerfully  )

Kapil, Kirti Azad, Bedade, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Rohit ( somewhat ),  KL Rahul ( somewhat )  and Hardik Pandya  would qualify among those who have already represented India

Uncapped ones will be Pant, Kishan, Hooda ( somewhat ) and Krunal.

Raina was a good finisher in his day though....but past his peak.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

True....big hitters are those who can  (   hit big sixes quite regularly +  hit the ball very powerfully  )

Kapil, Kirti Azad, Bedade, Yuvraj, Dhoni, KL Rahul ( somewhat )  and Hardik Pandya  would qualify among those who have already represented India

Uncapped ones will be Pant, Kishan, Hooda ( somewhat ) and Krunal.

Raina was a good finisher in his day though....but past his peak.

Pant, Kishan, Hooda ( somewhat ) and Krunal, Hardik Pandya. These guys are though very much unproven. Likes of Kishan and Pant are too young but have shown the ability to become one of those big hitters. Hardik and Krunal have shown the ability to do that against spin, but they will have to show that they can do it regularly against pace too.

35 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Raina could have gotten fat, but I doubt he is not fit in terms of fielding etc. I still feel that he is more athletic than most players in the team. He and Jadeja are ahead than most players. 

33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

How much big hit you want, i don't care if ball goes 150 meters or 100 as long as a player hs cleared the boundary line and hit six. Raina is capable of hitting sixes at most grounds. Might have not hit much recently at likenyou mentioned but still I would bank of him to shine most times to hit sixes. 

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant, Kishan, Hooda ( somewhat ) and Krunal, Hardik Pandya. These guys are though very much unproven. Likes of Kishan and Pant are too young but have shown the ability to become one of those big hitters. Hardik and Krunal have shown the ability to do that against spin, but they will have to show that they can do it regularly against pace too.

They will improve with time ....and for that purpose they will have to have the chance to play genuine pace.  

They have the power and the tendency to hit big sixes.

Anyway...we will get high SR batting from these guys.

A delayed introduction will delay this practice further and we will be left with top order batters like Pandey playing out the slog overs.

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

How much big hit you want, i don't care if ball goes 150 meters or 100 as long as a player hs cleared the boundary line and hit six. Raina is capable of hitting sixes at most grounds. Might have not hit much recently at likenyou mentioned but still I would bank of him to shine most times to hit sixes. 

I wont. Raina is more of a boundary hitter, not 6 hitter.

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Raina could have gotten fat, but I doubt he is not fit in terms of fielding etc. I still feel that he is more athletic than most players in the team. He and Jadeja are ahead than most players. 

Looks like you have not watched Raina in the field in recent times.