After Cricket, which sport do you follow the most where there is an Indian representation

Cricketics

Forget Olympics for now which brings various sports with Indian representation and where whole of India gets behind all the badminton players to the hockey team to even Boxing etc

In general, I want to know which is that one sport which you follow the most after cricket where there is an Indian reperesentation. And I am taking about follow as in following all year around and knowing and reading about the upcoming talent in that sport etc and not just during major tournaments which our hockey teams play etc

I started this thread because India's top singles tennis player Somdev just announced retirement after being going on with his career with various injuries all his life. He did get good due respect from the media but still wasn't as popular as other sports players. For me he over achieved for the amount of injuries he had. 

Hence my question, what is the one sport you follow all year around. And also share which one you think is popular among Indian public. 

Anyway, for me Tennis is the one I keep really close eye on all the time. Just like I follow Ranji, I follow Indian tennis players a lot and hence Tennis is the sport I would say comes second for me after Cricket or may be sometimes on par with Cricket

Please share your views.

Not sure if its a proper sport but I love horse racing. Mind you not a gambler though, I just love the thrill of horse racing. Nothing better than watching races on a summer day with a glass of pint. Always go to racecources on big days like Derby, Guineas, St.leger etc.

I have been to many races globally...in UK, India, Meydan (Dubai), Texas etc. I ensure to bet reasonably so that even if I lose no worries. But that feeling of my betted horse winning is out of the world.

Though due to work and other committments, I no longer able to make it to races regularly. There was a time (2007-2012), horse racing was my first sport. Used to love it even more than cricket. I remember once I skipped Ind-Pak cricket game to be on the Indian derby.

Good days.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Hockey but only when we play tournaments.Dont follow round the year.

Nothing else.

Is there even another sport where we can follow India and we are good at it ? Don't think so.

Tennis/Badminton etc are more about supporting individuals unless it's Olympics .I mean there are probably more Federer fans in UK than Murray fans .

6 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Not sure if its a proper sport but I love horse racing. Mind you not a gambler though, I just love the thrill of horse racing. Nothing better than watching races on a summer day with a glass of pint. Always go to racecources on big days like Derby, Guineas, St.leger etc.

I have been to many races globally...in UK, India, Meydan (Dubai), Texas etc. I ensure to bet reasonably so that even if I lose no worries. But that feeling of my betted horse winning is out of the world.

Though due to work and other committments, I no longer able to make it to races regularly. There was a time (2007-2012), horse racing was my first sport. Used to love it even more than cricket. I remember once I skipped Ind-Pak cricket game to be on the Indian derby.

Good days.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Indian horse representation there in those tournaments?

4 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Hockey but only when we play tournaments.Dont follow round the year.

Nothing else.

Is there even another sport where we can follow India and we are good at it ? Don't think so.

Tennis/Badminton etc are more about supporting individuals unless it's Olympics .

That is what the whole point of this thread was. Like you know he we follow Ranji etc to see the new upcoming talent. Similarly do people keep track of Indian youngsters in other sports, like the upcoming ones and not the one who are already playing for India. So people have such interest in other sports.

India has some good talent in Tennis like Ramkuar Ramanathan, Sumit Nagal and Yuki Bhambri. 

44 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Indian horse representation there in those tournaments?

There were few Indian horses ran in Dubai carnivals over the year but not with much success.

Only a horse called Mystical (owned by Cyrus Poonawala) won in Dubai twice. Mystical was a champion horse in India in 2006 and was sent to Dubai for international glory. Since then few other horses been sent there but none repeated the same glory as mystical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu6pvPxVRbo

None sadly.

Other than cricket I follow MMA and Darts (Though some people would question whether its a sport) and there is no Indian representation.

I remember Indian qualifiers in the darts world championship last year and they were absolute pants.

There are some young up and coming Indian fighters in MMA, but sadly none good enough to represent at the top level

9 hours ago, Panhandle said:

I follow college softball. I coach travel team and always enjoyed how had these girls play for being armatures. Some of our international cricket stars cam learn about commitment, dedication and hard work from these kids. 

Where do you coach and how popular is college softball? Any future for baseball/softball? Funding problem still.