Virat Kohli appointed captain of India ODI team

Will he continue and make a remarkable turn around in shorter format like he did in test, will he be succesful  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Virat be India's best captain ever

Long overdue n duly welcome as our teams in ODI n T20 were pathetic n new captain n thought process n hunger will make us a better side, Dhoni has retired as he realized he can no longer hide behind his failures in last 3 years and also the contrast in results under his n Virats results, failure versus success.

First thing that will change is mindset, as that is most important not the process shit n same team, but results will be the goal n personnel will change per requirements.

Bowlers like Shami, Umesh, Aaron will gain most as Virat clearly is a better captain n supports his bowlers , also team needs fresh blood n selectors have been guilty in the long run. Aided by the indisposed captain .

We need to rope in guys who are doing well straightaway into T20 side, so Pant, Hooda, K Yadav, Sangwan, Nathu, Sarfaraz, Ishaan can be tried also ODI side needs batters who can be dynamic batsmen ,keep the strike rotating n also hit boundaries, misfits are Rahane, Raina, and Yuvi are not good choice at this stage ,especially Raina n Rahane.

What does Aniket , K Yadav, have to do to be selected, also Dhoni is not needed in T20 side n if he cannot score runs or play with purpose n at a good rate he should be judged out of ODI too, hoping to see Sangwan, Pandya, Mail ,Hooda, Pant make an impact, also with Virat we have a upper hand as Capt since poms have lost to his team recently.

1 minute ago, kira said:

Ashwin first needs to find a place in the playing 11, mishraji is killing it in odis:aha:

That's okay. Then some other candidate. But in today's cricketing scenarios another captain has to be groomed and ready. It keeps booths on their toes and improving. But then again I don't expect Indian selectors to show ambition in such decisions 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Dhoni is not captain!  Everything is going to be perfect now, all bad things were because of him, Virat will magically fix everything.  

Until fans get bored of Virat-isms in post-match press conferences - wonder what the new hate-word will be instead of "process".  

Objectivity gayi g@@nd maraane!  

Funny thing is - all these great posts are made only when Dhoni is questioned. I mean there are proud threads about how Dhoni kicked out the seniors and he is so great for doing so. 4 seniors with combined experienced more than most teams in total. Add Sehwag, Gambhir etc. Everyone was proud how Dhoni kicked (and the word kicked was used by them) them out

But when Dhoni loses form and does bad no one dare criticize him even when they use his own words. Process was something he said. He is the oen who behaves arrogantly in press conferences, questions journalists in return, etc. Sachin was just called God by fans, Dhoni started thinking of himself as one. But no, he cannot be questioned at all

1 hour ago, kira said:

Ashwin first needs to find a place in the playing 11, mishraji is killing it in odis:aha:

That's okay. Then some other candidate. But in today's cricketing scenarios another captain has to be groomed and ready. It keeps booths on their toes and improving. But then again I don't expect Indian selectors to show ambition in such decisions 

24 minutes ago, New guy said:

Funny thing is - all these great posts are made only when Dhoni is questioned. I mean there are proud threads about how Dhoni kicked out the seniors and he is so great for doing so. 4 seniors with combined experienced more than most teams in total. Add Sehwag, Gambhir etc. Everyone was proud how Dhoni kicked (and the word kicked was used by them) them out

But when Dhoni loses form and does bad no one dare criticize him even when they use his own words. Process was something he said. He is the oen who behaves arrogantly in press conferences, questions journalists in return, etc. Sachin was just called God by fans, Dhoni started thinking of himself as one. But no, he cannot be questioned at all

Banjo I added you to my ignore list, looks like thats not working at all. :)

On your post, I'm not sure why or who you are clubbing me with - I will be all for dropping Dhoni if he doesn't perform in the next 6-7 ODIs he plays.  You clearly have all kinds of unresolved issues about the past with some posters who seem to have ripped you a few new ones.  Let it go already.  

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

Dhoni is not captain!  Everything is going to be perfect now, all bad things were because of him, Virat will magically fix everything.  

Until fans get bored of Virat-isms in post-match press conferences - wonder what the new hate-word will be instead of "process".  

Objectivity gayi g@@nd maraane!  

A captain is like a head of a household, parent figure, now you have a case scenario two kids living side by side, ones parents are doctors and athletes n others r lost, so the kid which one has a good chance to be a world beater, simple isn't it, wonder why people don't get the importance of a captain , he influences the squad selection, playing 11, gives confidence build players, we have seen average teams do great bcoz of captains influence n vice versa.

15 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I am ok with him being Test & T20 captain, but i don't want him to be LOI captain. Thats too much playing without a break and will burn him out

Too early to say that. If anyone I have scene who can captain mulitple teams without losing his touch than it i just him, ponting and Hansie Cronje.

Punter's form dipped when he was getting old.

Virat is still too young and also is extremely fit, agile on the field(only when not feilding at slip) and probably the only guy in the world who can pump up his whole team with his performance right now along with Mitchell Starc who has  the similar ability to pump his team up from no where with his performance.

Virat will do fine in all formats.