What's the Aussie fans / media take on all this?

andrew, read the rest of this site where there are constant slurs, name calling, racist comments on this board. they aren't exactly balanced here on this site. but then again you're just an aussie cheating convict monkey son of a whore bastard ( so am i according to them _)
Come on mate , I never said that .. did i ?

thank you for not flaming me, and at least keeping it civil. Varun, thats what this site is, one big massive generalisation......i haven't seen one comment not flaming the australian side or australia in general.......a few people here are so over the top it's sickening

Trying to make sense of this mess.

I'm pleasantly surprised that many Aus fans criticized Ponting & co and also the umpires. Until this test, I was a great fan of Australia team and admired their each and every move. The crowd atmosphere, bouncy pitches, high quality games, commentary, color clothing etc. make me wanna see more matches played in Australia. Not anymore. Unfortunately, I feel let down by them. I don't feel like watching the series anymore irrespective of what happens from now on.
That is sad and I hope this changes. I hope Indian fans realize the respect shown toward the Indian cricket team by the fans at the SCG. Many received standing ovations on their way to the pitch, no-one booed at Harbajan's colorful celebration of Pontings wicket. Indeed in each day of cricket after his citation to match referee the crowds cheered Harbajin; not one boo from the crowd. We love Sachin, we love Sourav, we remember Dravid's innings last time he was out here. Its all just such a damn mess. The reality before this test was that many Australian cricket fans are bored of Australia winning. We want to see tough competitive test match cricket. There is a widespread belief in Australia that the only team that can really provide this challenge is India. There was so much excitement before this series. I think many Australians want India to replace England as its true competitor. The team that we really, really look forward to competing against. As sad as this mess is, I hope it will be for some long term good (evidently at Indian short term pain). The Ashes did not happen overnight, it was developed with 'drama' as much as cricket. Imagine if one day the Australian public and Indian public can look forward with as much anticipation to the Border-Gavarskil tropy as Australians and English fans look forward to the Ashes.
Imagine if one day the Australian public and Indian public can look forward with as much anticipation to the Border-Gavarskil tropy as Australians and English fans look forward to the Ashes.
That's a nice thought but it will be marred by the ICC appointed umpires though like they do every time. A fair contest is all we look forward to not a farce one.
thank you for not flaming me, and at least keeping it civil. Varun, thats what this site is, one big massive generalisation......i haven't seen one comment not flaming the australian side or australia in general.......a few people here are so over the top it's sickening
I guess no one is holding back on any of the forums these days ... Cheer up at least ur team won :hatsoff:
Emotions are flowing here. Most people are talking in simple disgust and I know what it looks like to you as an outsider. Its a plain protest. What happened and what has been happening is not acceptable and we want to see corrective measures.
You said it so yourself just now "a few people". Unfortunately, extreme views of a few are very quick to gain the limelight rather than the moderate views of many. Why do you think people watch Fox News so much even though they don't agree with it ? :D
That is sad and I hope this changes. I hope Indian fans realize the respect shown toward the Indian cricket team by the fans at the SCG. Many received standing ovations on their way to the pitch, no-one booed at Harbajan's colorful celebration of Pontings wicket. Indeed in each day of cricket after his citation to match referee the crowds cheered Harbajin; not one boo from the crowd. We love Sachin, we love Sourav, we remember Dravid's innings last time he was out here. Its all just such a damn mess. .
I agree its the ugliest test match I have ever seen
andrew, read the rest of this site where there are constant slurs, name calling, racist comments on this board. they aren't exactly balanced here on this site. but then again you're just an aussie cheating convict monkey son of a whore bastard ( so am i according to them _)
The ire is more towards the umpires and the ICC. A lot less towards the Aussie players. Only after the Harbhajan incident has Symo been dragged into this quite obviously. It's quite a shame the ICC referee is happy to buy Hayden and Clarke's comments but not Tendulkar's and Harbhajan's.
That is sad and I hope this changes. I hope Indian fans realize the respect shown toward the Indian cricket team by the fans at the SCG. Many received standing ovations on their way to the pitch, no-one booed at Harbajan's colorful celebration of Pontings wicket. Indeed in each day of cricket after his citation to match referee the crowds cheered Harbajin; not one boo from the crowd. We love Sachin, we love Sourav, we remember Dravid's innings last time he was out here. Its all just such a damn mess. The reality before this test was that many Australian cricket fans are bored of Australia winning. We want to see tough competitive test match cricket. There is a widespread belief in Australia that the only team that can really provide this challenge is India. There was so much excitement before this series. I think many Australians want India to replace England as its true competitor. The team that we really, really look forward to competing against. As sad as this mess is, I hope it will be for some long term good (evidently at Indian short term pain). The Ashes did not happen overnight, it was developed with 'drama' as much as cricket. Imagine if one day the Australian public and Indian public can look forward with as much anticipation to the Border-Gavarskil tropy as Australians and English fans look forward to the Ashes.
It will be a huge mistake to assume that Australian fans have a bad taste. They are excellent cricket fans and the way the cheered the Indians in the last test was admirable. I personally have complaints against some Aussie cricketers and the officials- all of them.
As sad as this mess is, I hope it will be for some long term good (evidently at Indian short term pain). The Ashes did not happen overnight, it was developed with 'drama' as much as cricket.
That's a good point, makes me wonder if all these controversies are being created purposely by the 2 boards to stir up more drama :p /wears tin-foil-hat

Andrew, first of all welcome mate. Its refreshing to read about a level headed Aussie fan's perspective. I dont know if your views are the norm or exception, but your players have lost all respect on this board. Everyone knows, Aussies are hard to beat & are infinitely skilled, which makes all these episodes that much more hard to digest. Australia is one team, that can win without the need to get under the skin of its opponents or to get unfair rulings from the umpires. Yet, series after series, you always see howlers go against visiting teams (Aus-Pak 2004, Aus-SL recent series and now Aus-Ind), with opponent players who stand up getting fined/banned/called for chucking. You get the perception that when the going gets tough, your players will do just about anything to secure a win. Its hard to lay blame on your players for everything, as the ICC deserves a fair share of it. But the result of it all is that, other teams, almost always come out of Australia with a bad taste in their mouth. Am not saying this because we lost the series, even when we did well last time (2004), the umpiring howlers left us disgusted.

Andrew, first of all welcome mate. Its refreshing to read about a level headed Aussie fan's perspective. I dont know if your views are the norm or exception, but your players have lost all respect on this board. Everyone knows, Aussies are hard to beat & are infinitely skilled, which makes all these episodes that much more hard to digest. Australia is one team, that can win without the need to get under the skin of its opponents or to get unfair rulings from the umpires. Yet, series after series, you always see howlers go against visiting teams (Aus-Pak 2004, Aus-SL recent series and now Aus-Ind), with opponent players who stand up getting fined/banned/called for chucking. You get the perception that when the going gets tough, your players will do just about anything to secure a win. Its hard to lay blame on your players for everything, as the ICC deserves a fair share of it. But the result of it all is that, other teams, almost always come out of Australia with a bad taste in their mouth. Am not saying this because we lost the series, even when we did well last time (2004), the umpiring howlers left us disgusted.
I think that pretty much sums up what we all want to say.
Yes I know. Out of interest I also read articles from The Hindu, Hindustan Times and India Telegraph (?). According to the comments written after them we are a bunch of drunkards, whore mongers, criminals, rapists, thieves and even... monkeys! But. As I sit here in my jail cell doing hard time for each of the litany of crimes myself and my ancestors committed, you just gotta love how much Indians love their cricket. For all the talk of the Ashes in Australia, the real passion in England is football. The verbal abuse is just cathartic 'self medicating' comments made by people devastated they lost. On the cricket though may I give an Australian perspective; the Australian team is good. If you want to win you have to brink your A game for five days and have some luck because of the pressure they can apply. That said, I do think a draw would have been the best result. But, and I could be corrected... Did not Ponting get given lbw on 55 when it was clearly bat pad? If the Symonds decision was a shocker surely it must be negated by Ponting's dismissal? (Remember Ponting averages > 80 at the SCG). Did not Dravid not get not out for a plum lbw in one innings then get out two balls later? The difference is Symonds got a reprieve but was still there 133 runs later. The Dravid dismissal in second innings was highly dubious but what about Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly, Dhoni? Why are Indian fans not directing at least some frustration toward their dismissals? But what about Kumble? What a goliath. What a champion. What a captain. As an Australian fan I will be very interested in his comments over the next few days when he calms down a bit.
Did not Ponting get given lbw on 55 when it was clearly bat pad? If the Symonds decision was a shocker surely it must be negated by Ponting's dismissal? (Remember Ponting averages > 80 at the SCG)..
Did you watch the match?:hysterical: Punter was OUT caught behind (not given by bent umpires) long before he got that particular wrong decision.
Yes I know. Out of interest I also read articles from The Hindu, Hindustan Times and India Telegraph (?). According to the comments written after them we are a bunch of drunkards, whore mongers, criminals, rapists, thieves and even... monkeys! But. As I sit here in my jail cell doing hard time for each of the litany of crimes myself and my ancestors committed, you just gotta love how much Indians love their cricket. For all the talk of the Ashes in Australia, the real passion in England is football. The verbal abuse is just cathartic 'self medicating' comments made by people devastated they lost. On the cricket though may I give an Australian perspective; the Australian team is good. If you want to win you have to brink your A game for five days and have some luck because of the pressure they can apply. That said, I do think a draw would have been the best result. But, and I could be corrected... Did not Ponting get given lbw on 55 when it was clearly bat pad? If the Symonds decision was a shocker surely it must be negated by Ponting's dismissal? (Remember Ponting averages > 80 at the SCG). Did not Dravid not get not out for a plum lbw in one innings then get out two balls later? The difference is Symonds got a reprieve but was still there 133 runs later. The Dravid dismissal in second innings was highly dubious but what about Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly, Dhoni? Why are Indian fans not directing at least some frustration toward their dismissals? But what about Kumble? What a goliath. What a champion. What a captain. As an Australian fan I will be very interested in his comments over the next few days when he calms down a bit.
Andrew, its true that Indians could have still saved the game after all the howlers. But should we have been in that predicament in the first place ? No one denies the gulf in skill levels between the two teams. Australia is streets ahead of any other cricket team. Which is precisely why, umpiring howlers cannot and will not even out in games involving Australia. Opponents are not as skilled as the Aussies in taking advantage of umpiring mistakes. Imagine a Aus-BD contest. Can a reprieve to Haydos equate to Taibu's ? Before you dismiss that kinda argument, remember that the game is not about who takes advantage of external factors better, but rather who does well within the boundaries of fair play.
Ditto...