The Australian Open 2017

Cricketics

It all starts very soon on 16th. First slam of the year. Both Murray and Djokovic are joint favorites to win this one.

The Draw will be out soon in frew days

Federer and Nadal are both back and practicing hard. Nadal looking a little better. 

I am excited about Kei Nishikior and hoping he has a great run again. 

Meanwhile, Bhambir is playing his first round qualifier right now against the upcoming Stefan Kozlov of USA. Kozlov is a tough opponent but Bhambri has won the first set. and it is 5-5 in the 2nd. 

Yuki misses main draw. Only hope is doubles now.

Novak has a tough first round match against Verdasco who knocked out Rafa last year but djoker favourite to win this. 

These 2 had a good match in Doha open.

Nishikori survived a 5 setter to progress to 2nd round but if he continues this way might run out of gas in latter stages.

Edited by kumar713

13 hours ago, kumar713 said:

Was watching the final qualifier match of yukri, suddenly he started throwing unforced errors. Serve was not great too. Aus open has been his most successful slam in terms of qualifying for main draw.

Lets see what he does from now on.

Just came back form injury and did pretty well. I am gutted too really as i thougt he will make it to round 1. It would have even helped him financially by qualifying to the main draw. Injust hope he stays fit. Hehas played about 8 games after injury and already looking good. 

Federer through after little fight from Melzer. Not most clinical but good to see Federer back in action against another former player Melzer.

Meanwhile Djokovic plays tricky Verdasco. Verdasco loves Aussie open, in particular Rod Laver Arena where he played an epic against Nadal few years back. Looking forward to this game tonight. 

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Novak Djokovic is out guys. Denis Istomin has stunned him and knocked him out.

Djokovic seems a couple of levels lower in intensity ever since he won the French Open.  Its like he doesnt care if he wins or loses anymore.

Unfortunately for him, Wawrinka has exposed to the tour that your best shot against Djokovic is to hit through him and blow him off the court. As he crosses 30, more and more young players will start exploiting his diminishing movements by trying to hit through him. 

Edited by Muloghonto

15 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Djokovic seems a couple of levels lower in intensity ever since he won the French Open.  Its like he doesnt care if he wins or loses anymore.

Unfortunately for him, Wawrinka has exposed to the tour that your best shot against Djokovic is to hit through him and blow him off the court. As he crosses 30, more and more young players will start exploiting his diminishing movements by trying to hit through him. 

Wawarinka has knack of exposing lot of players just through his back hand shot, which is the best back hand by far still in the world. Most dangerous player.

I do know Djoker will comeback strong but yeah he knows now that it is not going to be easy to win a grandslam. Heat is on him. He won a lot in the last few years. Now even winning 1 slam will be tough from here on for him. 

On 1/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, Cricketics said:

Watching Zverev right now. The guy is down in the game but one surely got to consider him the future of tennis. Him and Dominic Thiem have great potential to be the next to rival players in future. 

Great call :two_thumbs_up: Zverev beat Murray in the Pre-QF.

2 hours ago, Scarface said:

Great call :two_thumbs_up: Zverev beat Murray in the Pre-QF.

Thanks brother but let me correct you. It is the other Zverev who won against Murray. His brother. The youngster who I talked about lost in semis. His brother actually retired few years ago and returned only because he got inspired by his little brother. And now he beat world no.1 Andy Murray.

Both brothers doing great. The little one who lost to Nadal still has great future.