The Australian Open 2017

Cricketics

Federer beating Wawarinka should give him a big boost. Regardless of much of it would be a me tal thing against Rafa, he still ended u beating the tournament favorite in Wawarinka. Yes, Stan was favorite to win this after Djoker and Murray got out. Federer stopped him amd fhat should give him confidence. There was a time Stan was coming back as he won the third and the fourth set and actually had 2 break points in the 5th deciding set, but Federer managed to come out of it and showed that he is clearly playing at a higher level than last year.

I hope he does enough to win it on Sunday. I just want to see that 18th win. I am tired of waiting. I am sure many are waiting. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

Nadal was class and so was Dimitrov,

Please do not miss this Sunday. This could very well be the last ever Nadal vs Federer game in a grandslam final.

This is it guys.

Rolling back the years

#FedererVSNadal

Here's Nadal's match pount 

I would advise you to skip it if you are a Federer fan ,Its going to be heartbreaking :)

Just now, Yoda-esque said:

I would advise you to skip it if you are a Federer fan ,Its going to be heartbreaking :)

I am, and I am just going to enjoy the game. I am one of those fans of Federer who also enjoys Nadal or any other great player but will root for Federer for sure.

We are lucky to have these two greats of this game still playing.

What a match today.. i still feel Federer has the upper hand in the Final. But am just going to enjoy, who ever wins.

BTW, I am a weekend player and quality of our games increases whenever there is a Grandslam going on.. or there are great matches like this! 

5 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Over this weekend the mens and womens finals will be played by players with 60 slams between them..staggering!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yes, we often don't talk about the sisters but they habe been champs of this great game like Federer and Nadal.

Hoping for two great finals tomorrow and Sunday.

10 hours ago, kruiser said:

What a match today.. i still feel Federer has the upper hand in the Final. But am just going to enjoy, who ever wins.

BTW, I am a weekend player and quality of our games increases whenever there is a Grandslam going on.. or there are great matches like this! 

Nadal rolled back some years too in his play. Positive for Federer is that he came back after almost surrendering the game to Wawarinka in the 5th set. 

Also he knocked out the favorite WAwarinka, but on other hand, Nadal really had to play his best in order to beat Dimitrov who was serving rockets last night uptill 4th set.. This is the best I have seen Dimitrov in a while. Nadal overcame Dimitrov's best and that shows what kind of Tennis Nadal is playing too.

Seriously hard to pick between Federer and Nadal and  this just shows how much of an epic game it will turn out to be, not just because of the old rivalry involved but because of their play being about at the same level. 

On 1/26/2017 at 10:13 PM, I6MTW said:

I do support Federer, but I would like to see a nadal Federer final. This rivalry produced many great matches. While one might say the rivalry is one sided. That's actually nt the case. Nadal has only dominated in clay courts. While Federer leads in hard and grass courts. He will fancy his chances. Plus playing against dimitrov will be like playing against a younger budding version of himself(he has been labelled as having a Federer style of playing)

on a side note, a Williams sisters finals, veterans are truly dominating this Open.

Federer has a good record against nadal only in indoors

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Nadal rolled back some years too in his play. Positive for Federer is that he came back after almost surrendering the game to Wawarinka in the 5th set. 

Also he knocked out the favorite WAwarinka, but on other hand, Nadal really had to play his best in order to beat Dimitrov who was serving rockets last night uptill 4th set.. This is the best I have seen Dimitrov in a while. Nadal overcame Dimitrov's best and that shows what kind of Tennis Nadal is playing too.

Seriously hard to pick between Federer and Nadal and  this just shows how much of an epic game it will turn out to be, not just because of the old rivalry involved but because of their play being about at the same level. 

Federer has already played couple of 5 setters. Don't think he can afford another 5 setter in final. Needs to get it done or straights(unlikely) or may be in 4.

It will be more of a mental rather than physical. Roger has a huge mental block against Rafa. So will be interesting to see how roger approaches the match.

Rafa favourite to lift the trophy. Federer needs to serve well keep points short, can't afford to get trapped in longer rallies. It will be suicidal. 

Imagine Federer needs to replicate what Dimitrov done against nadal. Looks really really tough:afraid:

Hope Roger wins:cheer:

22 hours ago, kruiser said:

Federer has an extra day rest, but match will be mental first then only physical.

Hope federer finds a way to get this done.

1 hour ago, I6MTW said:

yea, and in grass. Nadal has a slight edge in outdoors and domination over clay courts.

I think past records do no matter much unless it was on clay where clearly Nadal would start favorite any day. Only past stats matter in the way that as the world no.1 Federer was constantly troubled by Nadal and Nadal always remained in his head.

Cliffhanger awaits. 

Start the game already.