Md Siraj: Hyderabad Fast bowler

tweaker

Watched parts of the first day being telecast on Willow. Here's my observation on the 3 seamers on view:

Siraj- is a medium pacer, not fast. Not as accurate as the other medium pacers but could get there. Still a little too raw. 

Kaul- fairly accurate bowler but more in the mould of Balwinder Sandhu, a yard quicker than him. I did not see any aspect of his bowling that could trouble international quality batsmen. 

Pankaj- easily the most impressive of the 3 seamers. He can move the new ball both ways. The first over he bowled was a gem- 4 outswingers and 2 inswinger and batsman was clueless finally got out lbw last ball. Bowls at about the same pace as Siraj, but with a lot more skill. Very unfortunate to have never got a chance to play a Test in India. We should give him a chance in India first. Perhaps he is not skilled to bowl with Duke or Kookaburra or on foreign surfaces. But definitely, he is one of the best medium pacers in India if you look at his FC consistency on different wickets in India. 

Edited by Texan
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

I was actually a bit disappointed seeing him bowl.  

He needs to improve  the consistency in his accuracy, pace and bounce. 

Can bowl some deliveries which are top class but becomes innocuous after that.

There is talent  but needs a couple of more seasons atleast to get ready.

Yes he is young and raw, looking at positives and they are, good action run up and he will and can generate more pace n bounce plus will be more accurate, hopefully BCCI sets up a high performance centers for bowlers like him and this can fast track and help in their development, although to me Thampi looks better and is more experienced, I would pick Thampi for A tours and hopefully he gets to play in IPL

4 hours ago, tweaker said:

Siraj has jumped ahead of Nathusingh, Rajput, Chaudhary, Thampi due to consistent performance & fitness.

Nathusingh may have been preferred by selectors but he is injury prone.

After Shardul Thakur,who it seems has not impressed team management, selectors may prefer Siraj when they want to groom a young pacer

Siraj has been playing all 3 formats continuously for the last 11 months.

Has been a wicket-taker everywhere.

Just check his impressive performances in each and every format so far.

Bowling average, SR, ER, wickets per match ..... everything impressive in every format.  That is so so rare.

His workload needs to be managed and seen that he is not injured or reduces pace due to tiredness.  

He did it in the later stages of Ranji Trophy and was bowling in the 120s in his later spells and looked innocuous.  Needs to improve his stamina too.

Mat Inns Balls Runs   Wkts BBI BBM   Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 12 23 2223 1075     49 5/52 9/116     21.93     2.90   45.3 4 1 0
List A 11 11 536 439 18 3/24 3/24 24.38 4.91 29.7 0 0 0
T20s Insights on t20 16 16 372 487 26 4/24 4/24 18.73 7.85 14.3 2 0 0

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/940973.html

Edited by express bowling