Md Siraj: Hyderabad Fast bowler

tweaker

Mohammad_Siraj.jpg

Md Siraj has quickly emerge as one of the most promising fast bowlers in the country. Bowling raw pace is his passion. The twenty-two-year-old found his calling in playing cricket. In his first full Ranji Trophy season itself, the bustling pace bowler has carved a niche for himself by becoming the third top wicket taking bowler at the end of the quarterfinal phase with 41 wickets.

After poor time last season where he played in only one game against Service, Siraj was able to take only one wicket but selectors looked at him as the one for the future.

In the following season, the selectors continued backing Siraj along with the likes of Ravi Kiran and CV Milind and the move paid off for the association.

“We benefited hugely as Arun sir played a big role in making me a more incisive bowler. I could get my yorkers and the in-swingers right. It made me feel good. The coach never told me to sacrifice on pace.’’

Siraj’s best came in the last match against Mumbai in the quarterfinals where he took nine wickets, including five in the first innings. “I felt very happy when I bowled Shreyas Iyer with the ball coming in sharply. It was also my first five-wicket haul in first-class cricket.

Source :crictracker.com

36 minutes ago, tweaker said:

After poor time last season where he played in only one game against Service, Siraj was able to take only one wicket but selectors looked at him as the one for the future.

In the following season, the selectors continued backing Siraj along with the likes of Ravi Kiran and CV Milind and the move paid off for the association.

“We benefited hugely as Arun sir played a big role in making me a more incisive bowler. I could get my yorkers and the in-swingers right. It made me feel good. The coach never told me to sacrifice on pace.’’

Siraj’s best came in the last match against Mumbai in the quarterfinals where he took nine wickets, including five in the first innings. “I felt very happy when I bowled Shreyas Iyer with the ball coming in sharply. It was also my first five-wicket haul in first-class cricket.

Source :crictracker.com

You will never see this happen with Mumbai or Gujarat, take R Dias poor guy got only one game , nepotism runs rife in Mumbai, Delhi n Gujarat, if selectors n captains don't understand value of having a pace bowler n don't look to develop one n play ultra Trundlers like Sandhu, Baja , Malaria what. Shame, whereas. K Khan who was a left arm Malinga like bowler not getting into U.P squad, or M Aamir, Suyal, Javed Khan into Ranji teams n we have seen the Indian bowler play for UAE bowling at 140 at 38 years not getting into a mediocre side like MP.

Franchise based state teams loosely based on IPL model would be good for domestic team, atleast quality will go up, as talent scouts will find n support talent, whereas domestic cricket is right now like a BMC state where teams are mediocre and they compete with each other.

I don't see any player from Mumbai or Gujarat side get Into AUS or Eng county side.

I was looking at the Ranji season stats after seeing the Irani trophy squad.  This guy should have been a close contender.  One to watch out for definitely.  Let's see how he does in the IPL and next year Ranji.

Reading the article in the link above - :hatsoff:son of a rickshaw-driver and house-amid.  Good luck to him, hope he at least snags a 100K + contract in IPL at least.  

Edited by sandeep