tweaker

Md Siraj: Hyderabad Fast bowler [Update:Now selected for India Test team ]

I was actually a bit disappointed seeing him bowl.  

He needs to improve  the consistency in his accuracy, pace and bounce. 

Can bowl some deliveries which are top class but becomes innocuous after that.

There is talent  but needs a couple of more seasons atleast to get ready.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

I was actually a bit disappointed seeing him bowl.  

He needs to improve  the consistency in his accuracy, pace and bounce. 

Can bowl some deliveries which are top class but becomes innocuous after that.

There is talent  but needs a couple of more seasons atleast to get ready.

Yes he is young and raw, looking at positives and they are, good action run up and he will and can generate more pace n bounce plus will be more accurate, hopefully BCCI sets up a high performance centers for bowlers like him and this can fast track and help in their development, although to me Thampi looks better and is more experienced, I would pick Thampi for A tours and hopefully he gets to play in IPL

Siraj has jumped ahead of Nathusingh, Rajput, Chaudhary, Thampi due to consistent performance & fitness.

Nathusingh may have been preferred by selectors but he is injury prone.

After Shardul Thakur,who it seems has not impressed team management, selectors may prefer Siraj when they want to groom a young pacer

4 hours ago, tweaker said:

Siraj has jumped ahead of Nathusingh, Rajput, Chaudhary, Thampi due to consistent performance & fitness.

Nathusingh may have been preferred by selectors but he is injury prone.

After Shardul Thakur,who it seems has not impressed team management, selectors may prefer Siraj when they want to groom a young pacer

Siraj has been playing all 3 formats continuously for the last 11 months.

Has been a wicket-taker everywhere.

Just check his impressive performances in each and every format so far.

Bowling average, SR, ER, wickets per match ..... everything impressive in every format.  That is so so rare.

His workload needs to be managed and seen that he is not injured or reduces pace due to tiredness.  

He did it in the later stages of Ranji Trophy and was bowling in the 120s in his later spells and looked innocuous.  Needs to improve his stamina too.

Mat Inns Balls Runs   Wkts BBI BBM   Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 12 23 2223 1075     49 5/52 9/116     21.93     2.90   45.3 4 1 0
List A 11 11 536 439 18 3/24 3/24 24.38 4.91 29.7 0 0 0
T20s Insights on t20 16 16 372 487 26 4/24 4/24 18.73 7.85 14.3 2 0 0

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/940973.html

Edited by express bowling

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj has been playing all 3 formats continuously for the last 11 months.

Has been a wicket-taker everywhere.

Just check his impressive performances in each and every format so far.

Bowling average, SR, ER, wickets per match ..... everything impressive in every format.  That is so so rare.

His workload needs to be managed and seen that he is not injured or reduces pace due to tiredness.

Mat Inns Balls Runs   Wkts BBI BBM   Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 12 23 2223 1075     49 5/52 9/116     21.93     2.90   45.3 4 1 0
List A 11 11 536 439 18 3/24 3/24 24.38 4.91 29.7 0 0 0
T20s Insights on t20 16 16 372 487 26 4/24 4/24 18.73 7.85 14.3 2 0 0

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/940973.html

thats the key ,needs to be monitored properly ,hope doesnt get injured

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

Selectors are impressed by Siraj.If he is able to perform against New Zealand A team, he may be selected for team India soon

You still need support from someone special ( Shardul  supported by Coachker RS)even ROTATION SYSTEM Favors Siraj, new player gets second chance on Failure in India ( eng.gave 7 chance) 

3 hours ago, gattaca said:

So much criticism for him earlier looks like he is ready. 

Don't think he is ready for test matches yet.

In the last Ranji season, his pace was dipping to 120s in his later spells and he was running out of steam.  Looked innocuous quite often.  Could be the effect of a long Ranji season but workload in the national team is very high too.

He needs to improve his stamina.

Could be tried in a couple of ODIs against NZ, SL to see where he stands..... because he is a wicket-taker and we need one in ODIs.  

But, the team management must be clearly informed that he is a work-in-progress and should not be judged as a finished-product. 

On 9/25/2017 at 1:39 AM, express bowling said:

He got 2 wickets in the first innings of the A-team game on a spinners' paradise. 

And then ran out of steam presumably?

How many of you think his bowling action, persona is similar to some raw Pakistani pacer. I'm hoping him to be our Hasan Ali .

Also are some of these videos played with 1.5x speed? Action seems to happen in some fast mode.

Edited by Vk1

That was a fantastic ball....If I had to nitpick on something just for the heck of it,I need to look at Karthik's score....if he was in the 30s than even a lollipop would have got him out,so uneccesary effort....if not than nothing can be taken away :clap:

Edited by maniac

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i am seeing that avesh bowled few balls around 150K to david warner and even got his wicket...

How much of truth is in this news.?

150K? seems implausible.

this guy ...siraj is going to suceed as he swings too..i think he is going to replace bhuvi very soon as bhuvi is slowing down and may be after one year , he may be replaced by Siraj as siraj is 135 to 144k bowler similiar bhuvi type with swing n pace both.

so he may play for long.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:
i am seeing that avesh bowled few balls around 150K to david warner and even got his wicket...

How much of truth is in this news.?

Where???

see some avesh khan video's on utube..latest posted one's ..saying him as the fastest bowler of india.

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

this guy ...siraj is going to suceed as he swings too..i think he is going to replace bhuvi very soon as bhuvi is slowing down and may be after one year , he may be replaced by Siraj as siraj is 135 to 144k bowler similiar bhuvi type with swing n pace both.

so he may play for long.

I don't think he gets as much swing as PK and BK, although he's faster than both at a similar point in all of their careers.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:25 AM, Vk1 said:

How many of you think his bowling action, persona is similar to some raw Pakistani pacer. I'm hoping him to be our Hasan Ali .

Also are some of these videos played with 1.5x speed? Action seems to happen in some fast mode.

action has flashes of sami.

10 hours ago, Vijy said:

I don't think he gets as much swing as PK and BK, although he's faster than both at a similar point in all of their careers.

siraj gets inward seam movement which is more dangerous than swing. top batsmen can counter swing but seam movement is difficult to counter even for the best.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:25 AM, Vk1 said:

Who is Hassan Ali? 

Avesh Khan bowled 135 k to 142 k in the only IPL match he played.  Was bowling three or four 140+ balls per over in his first two overs.

The most impressive thing about his bowling was the zip and bounce he got from the slow deck, to visually hurry international batters.

If he can maintain his fitness, he will become a genuine fast bowler in a couple of years.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:55 AM, express bowling said:

Avesh Khan bowled 135 k to 142 k in the only IPL match he played.  Was bowling three or four 140+ balls per over in his first two overs.

The most impressive thing about his bowling was the zip and bounce he got from the slow deck, to visually hurry international batters.

If he can maintain his fitness, he will become a genuine fast bowler in a couple of years.

didn't nagarkoti hit 145 despite being a couple of yrs younger?