Dravid takes on Desai for Sehwag

zubinpepsi

Good to see a captain backin his players.. Rahul maybe fighting for a right cause but whether he is fighting for the right player is debatable :chin: .. Hope shewag does justice to his captain.... INDIATIMES CRICKET NEW DELHI, Feb 7: Indian captain Rahul Dravid on Wednesday took BCCI manager Chetan Desai head on and said the authenticity of the report he had apparently filed to the board president needed to be checked. "Anyone can put out a report. I have read cricketing history and Desai's name does not figure anywhere", said Rahul at a pre-series press conference in Kolkata, playing down the importance of Desai, who is associated with the Goa Cricket Association. Desai had purportedly filed a report highlighting the rift between Indian coach Greg Chappell and out-of-form batsman Virender Sehwag. The report had talked about Sehwag's growing indiscipline and his stand-off with the coach during the Indian team's tour of South Africa in December 2006. Dravid said Sehwag could play a crucial and important role in the Indian team and indicated he could be a key member of the Indian contingent for the World Cup next month. The Sri Lanka series will give Sehwag a chance to come back in form, the Indian skipper said, adding that the team is also looking forwarding to seeing him. Sehwag was dropped from the Indian squad against West Indies but has been brought back for the first two ODIs against visiting Sri Lanka, reportedly following a strong case by Dravid for the inclusion of his former deputy. On his come back, Dravid said selectors have certain views and ideas and these needed to be trusted.

Re: Dravid takes on Desai for Sehwag WHAT ?!?!!?!? I thought Rahul bachcha was a mentally weak person who was more prone to lick our foreign coaches' asses as opposed to defending our players and showing strength ?!!? :shrug: :shrug: :doh::doh: I do think he's right, BTW. Sehwag needs to be given a chance to bounce back instead of being dismissed at this critical point. I actually would go a bit further, and say that he should be included in the World Cup squad no matter how he does against the Windies (unless something SERIOUS happens ... verbal fights with fellow teammates, for example). I have a strange feeling that he might be one of those people who somehow find their touch in Competitions that really count. I hope, at least.

Re: Dravid takes on Desai for Sehwag :hic: Well, if expanding waist lines were any measure of credibility--I think Inzy wouldn't have played a single shot in his career. This is were Dravid's word comes in strongly--you know if Rahul Dravid, of all people in the world, comes out vocieferously in support of a player, it's not out of ignorance, nepotism, regionalism, or stupidity. It's probably because he sees something. I really trust Rahul's judgement (more than anyone else's) ... and if he bats for Sehwag ... then who am I to criticize?!? Indian fans like to pretend then know what's going in Indian cricket--but the truth of the matter is, it's just a guessing game for us. Nobody really knows what goes on behind closed doors. But with that said, a player's performance (and not just his Captain's backing) does speak volumes and if Sehwag shows some SERIOUS problems in this upcoming series against Lanka, ... then perhaps he should go the VVS way.

Re: Dravid takes on Desai for Sehwag or mebe, shewag shud b given a dadazaks treatment... so he comes back with a bang next yr.. neway India's gonna suck at WC.... lol... turned into a pessissmist seeing india's incosistency in winning.. btw dada, why the chucker hall of fame doesnot include muralidharan and our own harby..? racial prejudice?? lol