Where is the planning in selection for the 2019 World Cup ?

Dhawan has not improved on his poor form.

KL Rahul is not the type who can attack like Openers of dominant ODI sides should.

Are we seriously going to play to 37 year olds in the 2019 World Cup in Yuvraj and Dhoni ??

Dhoni might deserve to be there, but why is Rishabh Pant not being groomed as a back up. 

He should be playing ODIS as a pure batter to get all the experience since we don't play as many ODIS now due to T20.

Teams like Aus, Eng, NZ and SA are packed with a gun batting line up primed for a major ODI tournament victory. 

While we are making serious blunders with a regressive and strange selection policy  

Agree KL Rahul must be given more chances...

But Rishabh Pant has to be a regular soon..he is too talented not to be given a serious grooming for

our 2019 World Cup squad.

Somehow i don't see Yuvi playing the 2019 WC. Don't know why Kohli insisted on picking him.

Seems like a very short sighted decision.

Edited by narenpande1
10 minutes ago, flamy said:

I have no hopes on Pandya. He will get exposed in England. And Jadeja can't bat in England.

We need proper lower-order hitters.

Hello Flamy, welcome back.

Regarding Pandya, I have not bought the hype yet. He is rated pretty high here. We are right in giving him chances right now and he is doing decent for the chances given. Bowled the best yesterday, even better than Bumrah and Umesh, but I also want to judge on him after a while. To me his bowling is going to be more valuable than his batting. If he can give us 8-10 overs at least on regular basis, I will keep him in the team. He is doing that for now and also scoring runs. The moment he is struggling to bowl well for a longer period, he goes out of the team for me. His batting and late order hitting is needed but his prime role is that of a bowler for me and he needs to make sure he is consistently bowling well for us. 

So far so good. 

I have no hopes on Pandya. He will get exposed in England. And Jadeja can't bat in England.

We need proper lower-order hitters.

For all his faults England is the probably the only place outside India Jadeja has done well.

He scored those vital knocks against SA and then in the final in CT.Then he had that 87 rescue knock as well

Not sure on what logic he can't bat in England.He averages 88 in England at a SR 113.

On 1/16/2017 at 6:10 PM, Cricketics said:

Hello Flamy, welcome back.

Regarding Pandya, I have not bought the hype yet. He is rated pretty high here. We are right in giving him chances right now and he is doing decent for the chances given. Bowled the best yesterday, even better than Bumrah and Umesh, but I also want to judge on him after a while. To me his bowling is going to be more valuable than his batting. If he can give us 8-10 overs at least on regular basis, I will keep him in the team. He is doing that for now and also scoring runs. The moment he is struggling to bowl well for a longer period, he goes out of the team for me. His batting and late order hitting is needed but his prime role is that of a bowler for me and he needs to make sure he is consistently bowling well for us. 

So far so good. 

Hey brah.

Yes, he needs to bowl 7+ good overs to be considered. 

Also Jadhav has been surprising with his SR so far. Still not banking on Pandya, Jadhav though.