Rahane or Nair for the next test?

10 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Thats dropping.

We can even play Nair. Even though that might mean dropping an opener and I am not a big fan of how people make a big deal about saying that certain players shouldnt't bat at certain positions. 

Ideally to keep Nair in the team and Rahane, we can keep Vijay out for a game only to adjust Nair since he scored a triple hundred. 

Pujara can open with Rahul and Rahane comes first down, Kohli 2nd and Nair 3rd down.

Not major adjustment for Pujara as no.3 should be anyways ready to play the new ball and Pujara is regular no.3 so him batting at opening slot isn't a major difference compared to how people feel that we shouldn't change someone's slot. There is no problemnin doing that for 1-2 games so that we can see if Nair is really good to be consisdered ahead of Rahane. 

This gives also a chance for Rahane to finally bat at 3, a place which many of us wanted Rahane to bat at, when Pujara was having a bad run and we all wanted Rahane to move up.

So Vijay, unfortunately sits out if Nair and Rahane both need to be played .I like Vijay but to adjust a 300 run scorer, we can sit him out for a game against Bangladesh. Not a big deal. 

Nair has struggled since his last test, sequence of scores for Karnataka and ROI have not been great. Bit worrying. Plus dropped two catches I think in Irani Cup. Not that Rahane has set the world alight. Perhaps he should have played for ROI too and not the ODIs

19 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We can even play Nair. Even though that might mean dropping an opener and I am not a big fan of how people make a big deal about saying that certain players shouldnt't bat at certain positions. 

Ideally to keep Nair in the team and Rahane, we can keep Vijay out for a game only to adjust Nair since he scored a triple hundred. 

Pujara can open with Rahul and Rahane comes first down, Kohli 2nd and Nair 3rd down.

Not major adjustment for Pujara as no.3 should be anyways ready to play the new ball and Pujara is regular no.3 so him batting at opening slot isn't a major difference compared to how people feel that we shouldn't change someone's slot. There is no problemnin doing that for 1-2 games so that we can see if Nair is really good to be consisdered ahead of Rahane. 

This gives also a chance for Rahane to finally bat at 3, a place which many of us wanted Rahane to bat at, when Pujara was having a bad run and we all wanted Rahane to move up.

So Vijay, unfortunately sits out if Nair and Rahane both need to be played .I like Vijay but to adjust a 300 run scorer, we can sit him out for a game against Bangladesh. Not a big deal. 

so you would drop someone who scored 2 hundres in his last series for Rahane who failed.

9 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Nair has struggled since his last test, sequence of scores for Karnataka and ROI have not been great. Bit worrying. Plus dropped two catches I think in Irani Cup. Not that Rahane has set the world alight. Perhaps he should have played for ROI too and not the ODIs

The shameless mumbai lobby is trying to shove rahane into odis just like they shoved brohit besharma, hopefully rahane's odi career ended in the last odi

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

so you would drop someone who scored 2 hundres in his last series for Rahane who failed.

Not drop, just keep him out if people really want to play Nair, a player who scored 300 and mesmerized them with it.

I don't want to drop Rahane, he is definitely among runs and as one can see he scored even in the LOI against England in the warm up. 

Vijay for me is fine at opening and I rather play all with keeping Nair out and wait for his chance. But against Bangladesh, it is not a big deal to sit Vijay out and play Nair.

Only against Bangladesh.