Dhoni T20 Batting Strategy is Wrong!!

Rohit's monster innings in ODI's have all come batting first...so don't know what you are talking about.

Playing ODIs like tests and tests like T20s and T20s like ODIs .

It's usually k in ODIs batting first because he has time to make up for his slow batting atleast batting first.But sucks in everything else.

4 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Playing ODIs like tests and tests like T20s and T20s like ODIs .

It's usually k in ODIs batting first because he has time to make up for his slow batting atleast batting first.But sucks in everything else.

Dhoni has a career T20 S/R of 122.00 batting in the middle to lower-middle order in T20's.....don't know why you are making this a Rohit vs Dhoni debate but just FYI Rohit has a S/R of 129 opening...now that might not be stellar and 2 wrongs don't make a right,but since this thread is about Dhoni,that should put things into perspective.

Dhoni has a career T20 S/R of 122.00 batting in the middle to lower-middle order in T20's.....don't know why you are making this a Rohit vs Dhoni debate but just FYI Rohit has a S/R of 129 opening...now that might not be stellar and 2 wrongs don't make a right,but since this thread is about Dhoni,that should put things into perspective.

Dhoni has been a poor T20 batsman for years in international cricket.But has been pretty good in last 2 years.

It's like taking Rohit ODI stats in his earlier years and saying he is a poor ODI batsman.

1 minute ago, Sidhoni said:

What a huge myth this is. He has highest SR in our team in last 3 years(Rahul has higher but played only 5 innings). Go figure.

:phehe: The only myth here is the one you have been trying to propagate about dhoni being a good t20I player, still didn't answer my question, is 14 off 10 ball great batting? :aha:

11 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Dhoni has been a poor T20 batsman for years in international cricket.But has been pretty good in last 2 years.

It's like taking Rohit ODI stats in his earlier years and saying he is a poor ODI batsman.

Well again,not sure what point you are trying to make with Rohit who is an opener...now if you have grievances about our T20 opening like many of us,sure we can discuss it...but I am just confused...You say Dhoni is a poor T20 player-which we all agree with so not sure what you are arguing about....if you are agreeing with me ...fair enough.

The fact is I can tell you at least 3 games on the top of my head,DHoni has cost us in T20's...that one where he batted with Rayudu,the Nzl game(Yuvi's comeback game I believe),The T20 vs WI where we did get a blazing start by the openers.

Also sure we will blame everyone else's failure to save Dhoni...Isn't that the way it goes?

Players like Maxwell etc will play their game regardless of how many wickets are down and that is the way to approach a T20.

Edited by maniac
5 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Its better batting than 10 off 10 from Yuvraj. Btw did you fill out the application form for school?

So you can't even do that, you need me to fill out your application form for school, don't worry I'll do that for you once you answer my question :phehe: how long are you going to dodge it? lol @ bringing yuvraj, even I said that both yuvi and dhoni need to retire from t20, okay I'll ask you a simpler question, tell me 1 great match winning innings of dhoni in last 3 years, it won't be too difficult since he was the 2nd best batsman from India :hysterical:, are you going to run away again? 

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well again,not sure what point you are trying to make with Rohit who is an opener...now if you have grievances about our T20 opening like many of us,sure we can discuss it...but I am just confused...You say Dhoni is a poor T20 player-which we all agree with so not sure what you are arguing about....if you are agreeing with me ...fair enough.

The fact is I can tell you at least 3 games on the top of my head,DHoni has cost us in T20's...that one where he batted with Rayudu,the Nzl game(Yuvi's comeback game I believe),The T20 vs WI where we did get a blazing start by the openers.

Also sure we will blame everyone else's failure to save Dhoni...Isn't that the way it goes?

Players like Maxwell etc will play their game regardless of how many wickets are down and that is the way to approach a T20.

But what is Rohits s/r when batting from 16-20 overs? Some people are posting here as if Dhonis strike rate from 16-20 overs blows everyone away :phehe:

Also sure we will blame everyone else's failure to save Dhoni...doesn't that the way it goes?

You are confusing his finishing abilities with strike rate.In the west indies match for example he batted at a strike rate of 172.Anyone can fail to finish of the game in a last ball.Yuvi once at the peak of his batting got bowled by Bravo need 2 of 4 balls deep years back.

This is about Dhoni batting .He has been pretty decent in last 2 years and his end over hitting has been pretty good.

The problem in recent times with our T20 team is our opening as we saw in the world T20 .Every match we started slowly and our openers watsed atleast 4-5 overs .No other big team does that.Thats why we suck in T20 primarily .

Just look at the world Cup final against West Indies .We scored 26 in first four overs of power play with Rohit scoring 21 of 18 balls on one of the flattest wickets .

These has been our biggest issue in T20 recently .I am mentioning this because OP said we don't get 170 instead 150 recently because of Dhoni batting style .No it's not because of that We always achieve below par scores batting first inT20s because our openers suck out the momentum in powerplay overs .

So you can't even do that, you need me to fill out your application form for school, don't worry I'll do that for you once you answer my question :phehe: how long are you going to dodge it? lol @ bringing yuvraj, even I said that both yuvi and dhoni need to retire from t20, okay I'll ask you a simpler question, tell me 1 great match winning innings of dhoni in last 3 years, it won't be too difficult since he was the 2nd best batsman from India :hysterical:, are you going to run away again? 

Only Kohli has played single handed match winning knocks. Rohit probably had one or two but then his terrible WC has equalled that out. So once again its down to this? Does everyone barring Kohli go out of the team? In that case yes Dhoni can go out too.

If you could stick to the point, please.

Just now, Sidhoni said:

Only Kohli has played single handed match winning knocks. Rohit probably had one or two but then his terrible WC has equalled that out. So once again its down to this? Does everyone barring Kohli go out of the team? In that case yes Dhoni can go out too.

If you could stick to the point, please.

The main point is that dhoni is 35 year player, if dhoni was 5 years younger then we wouldn't be having this discussion, dhoni is blocking the place of a youngster by playing these meaningless matches, you are the one who keeps dodging and running away from every point, try not to dodge this one.

What is this pretty good SR about Dhoni people are raving about. Show me one innings where he turned the match around for India in T20s.

For ex  Dhoni hitting few boundaries  after Kohli had done all the heavy lifting  against Australia in T20 world cup just shows how shallow his so called good SR is and how he fails totally in comparison with other finishers in T20s.

We had Craig Brathwaite hit 4 sixes to win the cup. When has our so called finisher finished the games in T20s , he lost so many winnable matches latest being against WI when only 8 runs were required of last over and our great finisher did not even get them.

Dhoni is an excellent ODI player because he is very good runner between the wickets and can hit boundaries here and there.Totally different skills are needed in T20s.

The main point is that dhoni is 35 year player, if dhoni was 5 years younger then we wouldn't be having this discussion, dhoni is blocking the place of a youngster by playing these meaningless matches, you are the one who keeps dodging and running away from every point, try not to dodge this one.

This is like talking to a 6 year old. THERE ARE OTHER ABOVE 30 PLAYERS WHO ARE WORSE THAN DHONI. THEY SHOULD BE THE ONES GOING OUT IF ANYONE HAS TO.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

What is this pretty good SR about Dhoni people are raving about. Show me one innings where he turned the match around for India in T20s.

For ex  Dhoni hitting few boundaries  after Kohli had done all the heavy lifting  against Australia in T20 world cup just shows how shallow his so called good SR is and how he fails totally in comparison with other finishers in T20s.

We had Craig Brathwaite hit 4 sixes to win the cup. When has our so called finisher finished the games in T20s , he lost so many winnable matches latest being against WI when only 8 runs were required of last over and our great finisher did not even get them.

Dhoni is an excellent ODI player because he is very good runner between the wickets and can hit boundaries here and there.Totally different skills are needed in T20s.

That's the biggest myth which dhoni apologists are trying to propagate, dude plays an innings of 14 off 10 balls and dhoni fans be like- look at that awesome 140 strike rate :hysterical:

51 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dhoni plays ODI's like test cricket,T20's like ODI cricket and kidding you not Tests like T20-I have seen him come down the track to Anderson or swing wildly against Jhonson in test cricket on a spicy pitch :cantstop:

Same applies to his disciple Jadeja

Oh man. I thought it was just me who observed this about Dhoni. Spot on about playing like a T20s in test matches. 

Just now, Sidhoni said:

This is like talking to a 6 year old. THERE ARE OTHER ABOVE 30 PLAYERS WHO ARE WORSE THAN DHONI. THEY SHOULD BE THE ONES GOING OUT IF ANYONE HAS TO.

Still running away, every one can see who the 6 year old is:phehe:,  the second best batsman:hysterical: who has barely 1 or 2 innings above 25 in the last 3 years continues to play meaningless matches which can be used to groom new young players and you see nothing wrong with that, you really need to attend some classes soon :police: