Indian ball boys on the boundary.

SRT100

This has become an international embarrassment that followers of cricket outside of Asia are both laughing and are embarrassed about.

Why are these ball boys not educated about common sense when the ball is approaching the boundary?

Why is there so many ball boys?

What about the OH&S issues of all concerned?

I found it both stupid and amusing that a stupid ball boy will go after the ball coming towards the boundary, when a fielder is running at full tilt to stop the ball and often collide into the ball boy.

Where is the education in India about instructing ball boys to run the other way when a fielder is running towards the ball and to only get the ball, when it is safe to do so? Logic dictates that if the ball has passed the boundary and there is no fielder in sight, then and only then should a ball boy collect the ball.

Utter madness in the way some aspects of Indian cricket is managed.

It makes Indian cricket look so backwards.

What I hate more is that they try to stop the ball before the ball is about to touch the boundary rope, when it looks like an obvious boundary. Why not just teach the kids to not touch the ball until it crosses the boundary. This happens a lot in test matches where obvious fours often get stopped by ball kids who feel proud to have stopped the ball before the rope in order keep away from letting their fellow ball kids friends from getting their hands first on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, tweaker said:

The ball boys may have been instructed but as they are players himself, they may get carried away when the ball comes in their direction. Their first natural reaction is always to catch/field the ball.

Then they should be told if they do the wrong thing they will be removed immediately.

I can understand and appreciate that they get carried away, but if they dont have the maturity to understand the issues they shouldnt be on the field in the first place.

This is common sense.

What about the stupid ball boys that actually also collect the ball while the ball is in the field of play.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

What I hate more is that they try to stop the ball before the ball is about to touch the boundary rope, when it looks like an obvious boundary. Why not just teach the kids to not touch the ball until it crosses the boundary. This happens a lot in test matches where obvious fours often get stopped by ball kids who feel proud to have stopped the ball before the rope in order keep away from letting their fellow ball kids friends from getting their hands first on the ball. 

Definitely.

Thats why there should only be 4 of them to guard specific quadrants of  a field so that there is no issue of any other child to fight over a ball.

They should also rotate them every drinks break too.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Lively.gif

Here you go, Root's solo dance on the boundary since the kid was judging him from the fence 

How stupid does that ball boy/man look. Instead of running away from the ball, he stands like an imbecile.

I wish Root broke the kids leg or tore his ACL, thats the only way that ball boys would be educated on how to collect a ball.

I mean that ball boy looks like a mentally retarded person allowing someone to run through him. I feel like punching him and the coach of the kids who is not educating the kids on how to collect a ball.

I mean how bloody simple is it? When the ball comes towards the boundary, run away from the ball then when it reaches the boundary move towards it, only and only if there is no player in sight.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

I wish Root broke the kids leg or tore his ACL, thats the only way that ball boys would be educated on how to collect a ball.

I mean that ball boy looks like a mentally retarded person allowing someone to run through him. I feel like punching him and the coach of the kids who is not educating the kids on how to collect a 

Come on man, that is too harsh. I won't get that far. They should just monitor this behavour and sit the boy out and make him do 20 sit ups in front of his friends and that and teach everyone the lesson that they shouldn't do this mistake and stay away from the ball every time.