Big Bash League- International players in Sqauds

I was just have a nose around the Big Bash teams information and stumbled across the squads for each of them.

One thing I noticed that all teams only have England and West Indies players ( maybe a couple each and a couple of SL players in the whole tournament. Im surprised they have no SA/NZ or Pak players. ( I can understand no Indian players are allowed obv).

Does this mean that CA want to emphasise home grown T20 talent and not make celebrities of International players which is the focus of IPL. Any thoughts?

Big Bash is a centrally controlled league with tight salary caps.  I think the CA guys did a much better job maximizing the business and cricket benefits from their T20 league than BCCI.  

Although it must be said that IPL does a much better job funneling big $$ to players, Indians and foreigners alike.  And profits to private owners.  

On 28/01/2017 at 0:43 PM, kira said:

Big bash is a low quality tournament, we shouldn't be looking at big bash for any tips

Well without sounding biased, the IPL's main big attractions (bar kohli) are all foreign players. The other countries seem to be producing explosive batsmen designed for T20 and we dont ( hence we dont do as well in T20I and have not won the T20 world cup since 2007).

More money DOES NOT equal a better tournament. Its what it does to prepare Indian players for international T20 matches, which frankly since a last few years have been diabolical.

3 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Well without sounding biased, the IPL's main big attractions (bar kohli) are all foreign players. The other countries seem to be producing explosive batsmen designed for T20 and we dont ( hence we dont do as well in T20I and have not won the T20 world cup since 2007).

More money DOES NOT equal a better tournament. Its what it does to prepare Indian players for international T20 matches, which frankly since a last few years have been diabolical.

We saw the performance of big bash supaaahstars against pak, what happened to lynnsanity against pak? when a has been/retired bowler like johnson runs through your lineup then it means that you are 100% crap, stop drooling over big bash and underrate ipl, typical brown nosing behavior 

I've watched a lot of the Big Bash this year and the quality of cricket really is very poor. It's nothing more than a glorified domestic cricket competition whereas the IPL is played at a much higher intensity. The main, and only, reason for this is that the IPL has the money to attract the best cricketers from all over the world whereas the Big Bash's biggest names are an over the hill KP, a retired Mitchell Johnson and a 45 year old Brad Hogg. 

9 hours ago, Masquerade said:

I've watched a lot of the Big Bash this year and the quality of cricket really is very poor. It's nothing more than a glorified domestic cricket competition whereas the IPL is played at a much higher intensity. The main, and only, reason for this is that the IPL has the money to attract the best cricketers from all over the world whereas the Big Bash's biggest names are an over the hill KP, a retired Mitchell Johnson and a 45 year old Brad Hogg. 

I will respect your opinions as you are entitled to them. But IMO i will only truly will think of IPL as a  genuine success when the indian team starts winning T20 world cups and T20I consistently, not when the tournament is in existence for the Boards, owners and players to make money.

12 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

In T20 World Cups, we have a winning rate of 66% whilst Australia has a 55%. We have been champions and runners up whereas Aussies have only been runners up. We've consistently out performed Australia in T20 which includes trashing them 3-0 in the T20 Series held in Australia. Genuinely not sure what point you're making.

Edited by Unleashed
17 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I will respect your opinions as you are entitled to them. But IMO i will only truly will think of IPL as a  genuine success when the indian team starts winning T20 world cups and T20I consistently, not when the tournament is in existence for the Boards, owners and players to make money.

Out of all the teams(barring Associates), we've the highest winning rate in T20I. Honestly you're just talking nonsense, the facts say otherwise.