Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2017

tweaker

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Speed guns are fine. Both Vinay and Aravind bowling their normal pace.

Saw later spells by the duo

Vinay bowled  faster deliveries at  127 k mostly with a quickest of 131 k  ( he bowls mostly in the early to mid 130s in the IPL with a fastest of around 139 k )

Aravind was bowling  121 k to 127 k   ( bowls 125 k to 137 k in the IPL  )

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Saw later spells by the duo

Vinay bowled  faster deliveries at  127 k mostly with a quickest of 131 k  ( he bowls mostly in the early to mid 130s in the IPL with a fastest of around 139 k )

Aravind was bowling  121 k to 127 k   ( bowls 125 k to 137 k in the IPL  )

yeah vinay was same range in first spell too. same with aravind. speed guns can be estimated 5k slower than usual.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Aniket Chaudhury  4-0-21-3

Nathu Singh    4-0-23-1

bowled well to win it for Rajasthan

Ankit Rajpoot picked up 2 wickets again after his 5 wicket haul last match

Navdeep Saini  4-0-21-1

Pradeep Sangwan  4-0-15-1

bowled well for Delhi

Also Umar Nazir had 4-25-1 . Pretty economical. Another tall bowler. Hopefully we can get to see some J&K games in the future becuase this guy looked brilliant few years ago. 

53 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Wow, Shikhar Dhawan hit an unbeaten 47 ball 82 and took Delhi to the next round.

Delhi was last in the group and was looking to get knocked out today but they chased it down in 13th over, thanks to Dhawan and  qualified for the next round.

There is no next round.The group winniner in each group will be declared Zonal winners and Best XI selected from each Zone (like Duleep Trophy) will compete for SMA trophy

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

There is no next round.The group winniner in each group will be declared Zonal winners and Best XI selected from each Zone (like Duleep Trophy) will compete for SMA trophy

I thought in the new system, top 2 teams go to the next round from each group and form a group of 5 teams and play four games further and then the top teams then from those groups play for the final. I would have liked such kind of format at least.

If you are right, then it is a pretty ordinary format which has been tried early in some way or the other as we are coming back to pick the best 11 from 6 different states which could show nepotism again. 

I rather watch the format I mentioned above so more players get the opportunity to play more games. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I thought in the new system, top 2 teams go to the next round from each group and form a group of 5 teams and play four games further and then the top teams then from those groups play for the final. I would have liked such kind of format at least.

If you are right, then it is a pretty ordinary format which has been tried early in some way or the other as we are coming back to pick the best 11 from 6 different states which could show nepotism again. 

I rather watch the format I mentioned above so more players get the opportunity to play more games. 

That was the format last year but they changed it  again this year.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Wow, Shikhar Dhawan hit an unbeaten 47 ball 82 and took Delhi to the next round.

Delhi was last in the group and was looking to get knocked out today but they chased it down in 13th over, thanks to Dhawan and  qualified for the next round.

There is not next round. Team that has the most point will win the zonal leg. After that, selectors will pick a team of the best performing players from each zones. 5 zonal teams will play against each other.

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Pathetic Format. This is our premier 2020 tournament after IPL. Should have rather stuck with the aforementioned format. More players need to play as many games as possible.  

Now some quality player might sit out due to the zonal bias.

30 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

The last year's format was a bit different then the one mentioned above.

Last year they combined all the teams and put them in four different groups unlike this year where they are just playing the states and cities from their zones. 

Last year year the groups were mixed with teams grouped in with other zonal teams. 

32 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Pathetic Format. This is our premier 2020 tournament after IPL. Should have rather stuck with the aforementioned format. More players need to play as many games as possible.  

this is a better format. Next round will have better quality of players as the best performing players from the zonal leg will be selected.

33 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No, only players who have performed the best in zonal leg will be selected for the next round.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

No, only players who have performed the best in zonal leg will be selected for the next round.

People hardly got to watch. I rather watch players from different zones thanjust watching same zone like it was broadcasted this time in early round with only South Zones game getting covered.

We do not even know how many games will be covered now on tv when the players are split into one team. 

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

People hardly got to watch. I rather watch players from different zones thanjust watching same zone like it was broadcasted this time in early round with only South Zones game getting covered.

We do not even know how many games will be covered now on tv when the players are split into one team. 

there will be only 5 teams and games will be covered like they are doing now with South Zone games, two games a day. If it goes this way then it will mean most of the games will be covered in a 5-team tournament.

33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

this is a better format. Next round will have better quality of players as the best performing players from the zonal leg will be selected.

This  current format is very good

5  different Zonal  Teams will provide good quality oppositions and the best players will get to play more games even if their state  teams don't do that well.