Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2017

tweaker

This zonal system is rubbish,

even the group league regional format is rubbish

Should have seeding system for group stage

and then top two go through to knockouts or super league

Right now u have situation at least two groups (West and South) full of heavyweights and others like North where one big team (Delhi) playing weaker teams.

Organisers not thought this through

Last year's format was good, not sure why they tinkered with it

BCCI and India got lucky they had Lalit Modi, or else IPL would have been a shit farce 

6 minutes ago, chewy said:

This zonal system is rubbish,

even the group league regional format is rubbish

Should have seeding system for group stage

and then top two go through to knockouts or super league

Right now u have situation at least two groups (West and South) full of heavyweights and others like North where one big team (Delhi) playing weaker teams.

Organisers not thought this through

Last year's format was good, not sure why they tinkered with it

BCCI and India got lucky they had Lalit Modi, or else IPL would have been a shit farce 

This system is not about team but players.

On 04/02/2017 at 0:13 PM, rkt.india said:

Deepak Hooda 53 of 42 balls 6 fours and 2 sixes and Motibaug and conditions there does help seamers in the morning.

Hooda is perfect for ODI.I think he i s ready for getting a go at internationals. But the problem remains same. No power hitters. Hooda smashes spinners only.

12 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

East Zone Squad: Manoj Tiwary (captain), Saurabh Tiwary (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan (wk), Shreevats Goswami, KB Arun Karthik, Writtick Chatterjee, Shahbaz Nadeem, Ashoke Dinda, Pritam Das, Sayan Ghosh, Biplab Samantray, Dhiraj Singh, Virat Singh, Amit Verma and AK Sarkar.

deleted.

Edited by Bleed-Blue
21 minutes ago, tweaker said:

members of the zonal board -- Arup Bhattacharya (Bengal), Debashish Mohanty (Odisha), Ashish Sinha (Jharkhand), Manimoy Roy (Tripura) and Subhrajit Saikia (Assam).

Thanks. No surprises then. We really need to upgrade the selectors at the domestic level.

I understand that it may not be feasible to have just former international players for fulfilling all these positions. But there needs to be a robust qualifying criteria wherein each of these selectors should be interviewed by players with substantial international experience to ensure that their selection policies align with whats required to bring international success. Else I think it would be better if we entirely get rid of these selectors and use some algorithm to select players based on some smartly designed metrics.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, rkt.india said:

look at the distance keeper is standing for Warrier and even then one delivery just took off, hit his gloves and went for 4 byes.

11Untitled.png

this is what excites me... Keeper standing really behind, bowler bowling his heart out and bowling 140 to 149k( not in this case).. each ball is an event in itself.

I have also batted against some bowlers bowling 120 + .. each ball I played and managed to stay on the wicket was in itself an achievement... some balls just go past you and u hardly get an idea about them.. I remember defending a ball and then I tried to see where it is.. I could not find it..ball had gone as a 4 toward the leg boundry but I got a scary feel as I could hardly touch the ball ...I did get some runs in that match but I got out to the same bowler as he scared me of a few balls.

medium trundlers are a waste...with reebok vampire and SS creating really good bats .. even mis hits some times go for 4.