Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2017

tweaker

18 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

South Zone squad: R Vinay Kumar (capt), Vijay Shankar (vice-capt), Tanmay Agarwal, Mayank Agarwal, Vishnu Vinod, Ricky Bhui, Dinesh Karthik (wk), G Hanuma Vihari, Pavan Deshpande, Rahil Shah, M Ashwin, D Swaroop, CV Milind, Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi, S Arvind.

Vinnie Kumar the captain. :wall: Hope Warrier and Thampi play ahead of Arvind. What about the other squads? 

16 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Would like to know from other ICFERs who you think would fit the bill to be an instatnt success potentially. 

I am inclined to think Thampi may be the front runner as he has pace , bowls some indipping yorkers and a good  bouncer  .

I think if they introduced to right formats some of them would be

Rajpoot, thampi- LOI m pretty certain about rajpoot

Nathu, Avesh- test

Shukla n Thampi- T20

Want to see Saini, Aniket, Sanghwan a lil more......quite excited about them to

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Rajasthan did not play their 2 best pacers in the last match, Nathu and Aniket  ( which they won ).....and lost the match today

Rajasthan not giving Nathu enough chances

Khaleel Ahmed is too in the t20 squad but they have wealth of fast bowler to chose from even Deepak Chahar and Tanveer ul Haq are decent to go along With Pankaj,Nathu And Aniket 

Edited by Bleed-Blue
37 minutes ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Khaleel Ahmed is too in the t20 squad but they have wealth of fast bowler to chose from even Deepak Chahar and Tanveer ul Haq are decent to go along With Pankaj,Nathu And Aniket 

Yes.... it is a problem of plenty for them   

But, Nathu did so exceptionally in last year's SMA trophy and has such an excellent accurate, fast, swinging yorker, that he should always play LOIs for Rajasthan while the other 2 slots can be rotated.

38 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes.... it is a problem of plenty for them   

But, Nathu did so exceptionally in last year's SMA trophy and has such an excellent accurate, fast, swinging yorker, that he should always play LOIs for Rajasthan while the other 2 slots can be rotated.

Agreed Nathu is the best choice out of them for shorter forms. I would like Khaleel to be given a match too.

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

We are lucky that Thampi and Warrier have been chosen instead of  miscellaneous trundlers

That is why this format sucked when I said what I said. Games will be competitive, yes, but had we left it to the regular state teams, instead of these zonal sides, we could have not seen this situation where young pacer like Siraj is left out.

Now wait for more disapponting news from the other zonal squad announcements.

The whole zonal thing is crap. We need to cut it out and leave it to the state teams. 

37 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

That is why this format sucked when I said what I said. Games will be competitive, yes, but had we left it to the regular state teams, instead of these zonal sides, we could have not seen this situation where young pacer like Siraj is left out.

Now wait for more disapponting news from the other zonal squad announcements.

The whole zonal thing is crap. We need to cut it out and leave it to the state teams. 

Not really.

Karnataka is the winner of South Zone and, if zonal teams were not picked, you would only have Vinay and Arvind bowling instead of them + Thampi, Warrier etc.

Siraj would have missed out anyway along with Thampi and Warrier.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Not really.

Karnataka is the winner of South Zone and, if zonal teams were not picked, you would only have Vinay and Arvind bowling instead of them + Thampi, Warrier etc.

Siraj would have missed out anyway along with Thampi and Warrier.

We shouldn't have the whole thing. Just have one big tournament and mix all teams up like before, so the games are competitive. Get them the feel of the knock out games by bringing a super 6 stage like that in 1999 world cup or bring a quater finals or something.

Just my two cents.

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We shouldn't have the whole thing. Just have one big tournament and mix all teams up like before, so the games are competitive. Get them the feel of the knock out games by bringing a super 6 stage like that in 1999 world cup or bring a quater finals or something.

Just my two cents.

I am all for zonal teams  or,  even better,   teams like India Red, Blue, Green, Yellow etc...... where the best players of the country are chosen, almost all top talents get chances and  the level of competition is much higher.

I will be looking forward to seeing how Thampi and co. bowl to better quality batsmen and how Hooda and Kishan bat against better attacks  in the zonal stage.

Edited by express bowling
Just now, express bowling said:

I am all for zonal teams  or,  even better,   teams like India Red, Blue, Green, Yellow etc...... where the best players of the country are chosen, almost all top talents get chances and  the level of competition is much higher.

I will be looking forward to seeing how Thampi and co. bowl to better quality batsmen in the zonal stage.

Yes, we need to bring the challenger trophy back in the time when the season is fully open to all players. Good thing about that tournament was that it is a 50 over tournament.  There is always some quality play in that. Many players who have impressed in that have gone on to play for India. The more 50 over tournaments, the better.