Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tweaker

Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2017

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Super impressed with Aniket C. He's the one bowler, and not Sangwan, who is absolutely ready for national duty. Except he needs a bit of work on fitness.

Yes, he certainly is.

Share this post


Link to post

Aniket Choudhury bowled very well, showed he can set up batsmen, bowled a bouncer at 138 n batsmen scampered for some runs and next ball same length but at 143 n batter was foxed, tried bowling some Yorkers but not perfected yet n bowled around the crease as well.

He knows what he is doing n haven't seen any batter dominate or intact be comfortable again at him, also saw his move the ball into the right hander.

If this guy is not picked up for next tour whatever the format selectors are truly blind, he will be picked up by IPL team along with Sangwan n V Shankar n hopefully Thampi n Warrier ,Vishnu , Jaggi also looked good.

Shardul Thakur looked very very poor n batters toyed with him, he does not look into material to me by far, Ankit also seems to be a bit off, pace n effectiveness wise .

Sayan Ghosh has potential as well, WZ team has been an embaressment with worst bowlers n mediocre batting.

Edited by MCcricket

Share this post


Link to post

Aniket C  spoils his excellent figures in the first 3 overs....  3 for only 19....with a poor last over, when he kept on bowling short with no yorkers and  slower balls.

 

He needs to improve his death bowling.

 

But, he looks ready for test matches even now.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Aniket Choudhury bowled very well, showed he can set up batsmen, bowled a bouncer at 138 n batsmen scampered for some runs and next ball same length but at 143 n batter was foxed, tried bowling some Yorkers but not perfected yet n bowled around the crease as well.

He knows what he is doing n haven't seen any batter dominate or intact be comfortable again at him, also saw his move the ball into the right hander.

If this guy is not picked up for next tour whatever the format selectors are truly blind, he will be picked up by IPL team along with Sangwan n V Shankar n hopefully Thampi n Warrier ,Vishnu , Jaggi also looked good.

Shardul Thakur looked very very poor n batters toyed with him, he does not look into material to me by far, Ankit also seems to be a bit off, pace n effectiveness wise .

Sayan Ghosh has potential as well, WZ team has been an embaressment with worst bowlers n mediocre batting.

I always thought so.....

He is good but can never be a good intl bowler

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, beetle said:

The same warrior who was bowling lollipops at 114-115k in the 19th over?

The same guy who gave 52 runs in 4 overs ...eco.13 per over?

Anyone can have a bad day in T20. Last game, he gave 19 runs in 4 overs.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Anyone can have a bad day in T20. Last game, he gave 19 runs in 4 overs.

Just trolling.:p: Saw him for the first time (the 19th over)and was like...hmmm,is this the fast guy people at icf are talking about.:thinking:

He bowls 114 k,followed by another 115 k...

IS this the same guy .How come icf phaast brigade is :drool:over someone bowling 114 k.Let me google. It is the same guy.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, beetle said:

Just trolling.:p: Saw him for the first time (the 19th over)and was like...hmmm,is this the fast guy people at icf are talking about.:thinking:

He bowls 114 k,followed by another 115 k...

IS this the same guy .How come icf phaast brigade is :drool:over someone bowling 114 k.Let me google. It is the same guy.

Those were slower deliveries. Anyway, he isn't that fast a bowler. He bowled 135-143. There are faster bowlers than him but he has some good qualities. There are others who are talked about more.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

May be BCCI can look to market the domestic 50 over or 20 over games better in future. 

 

I am watching Windies domestic 50 over tournament and the stadium is packed. 

 

Encouraging scenes these. Also a top competition this.

Lively.gifLively.gif

IMG_1505.JPGIMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

Long overdue, domestic cricket marketing n broadcasting, getting more team based fans, merchandize, interaction with players, teams, better wkts to have interesting games

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Long overdue, domestic cricket marketing n broadcasting, getting more team based fans, merchandize, interaction with players, teams, better wkts to have interesting games

Yeah, all these things windies used to suck at too. They marketed CPL well like how IPL was done well too. However, BCCI did not use IPL as platform to create the hype around domestic tournaments, as much as WICB has done using CPL to market other domestic tournaments.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yeah, all these things windies used to suck at too. They marketed CPL well like how IPL was done well too. However, BCCI did not use IPL as platform to create the hype around domestic tournaments, as much as WICB has done using CPL to market other domestic tournaments.

 

 

 

Audience participation , halftime break being used for events, making it a family outing , viewer friendly n most important getting loyal fans for state sides, marketing n getting guys like Dravid, Sachin as mascots for each side is a good idea n then we will have more fans, higher level competition, more player transfers, quota for outsiders n U19, also state side having good A team n U19 competition which is marketed as well, using schools n colleges .

Share this post


Link to post
5 Fastest Indian pacers right now ranked by pace only:-

Aaron

Umesh

Sangwan

Thampi

Shami

Some of the bowlers like Ishant,Bumrah,Aniket,Hardik,Rahul Shukla,Warrier,Rajpoot,Nathu,

Siraj,Shardul can also cross 140 k mark.Good days...:yess:

 

I keep reminding u guys that I had a dream that India will start producing fast bowlers and will have their share of fast bowlers, I still haven't forgotten about that and I will not let everybody forget about it.

 

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Yeah, all these things windies used to suck at too. They marketed CPL well like how IPL was done well too. However, BCCI did not use IPL as platform to create the hype around domestic tournaments, as much as WICB has done using CPL to market other domestic tournaments.

 

 

 

the contrast in atmosphere between cpl and test matches was incredible 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

the contrast in atmosphere between cpl and test matches was incredible 

Test match is never well attended in windies. Neither many other locations either. Though now its starting to get a bit better in Windies but gone are the days.

 

Even ODI's in Windies in terms of crowd isn't there yet, but it's slowly coming back. CPL is definitely great for all the islands. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Test match is never well attended in windies. Neither many other locations either. Though now its starting to get a bit better in Windies but gone are the days.

 

Even ODI's in Windies in terms of crowd isn't there yet, but it's slowly coming back. CPL is definitely great for all the islands. 

test matches had good crowds in late 90s early 2000s in wi from what i remember... the trini posse stand and those girls ,though they had an avg side, now it's dead

 

 

Edited by MultiB48

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

test matches had good crowds in late 90s early 2000s in wi from what i remember... the trini posse stand and those girls ,though they had an avg side, now it's dead

 

 

Ya 90s yaar even India used to get a lot. Now with so much cricket with all 2020 etc, people pick and choose which one to attend and they pick 2020 over 5 day test matches.

Time has changed man. 

Share this post


Link to post

aniket is ready for test matches...to some extent sangwan and thampi too

out of umar nazir, sayan, warrier, milind only warrier looked little impressive.

vijay shanker looks to be honest and hardworking cricketer with very good talent, would play for india for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

I keep reminding u guys that I had a dream that India will start producing fast bowlers and will have their share of fast bowlers, I still haven't forgotten about that and I will not let everybody forget about it.

 

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

 

 

Hahahaha yeah fingers crossed :yess:

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, tweaker said:

Shikhar Dhawan and Ishant Sharma have been included in Delhi's squad for the upcoming Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, India's domestic T20 tournament. Gautam Gambhir  will lead Delhi in the competition.

squad:

Gautam Gambhir (captain), Unmukt Chand, Shikhar Dhawan, Nitish Rana, Milind Kumar, Kshitij Sharma, Sarthak Ranjan, Arjun Gupta, Pawan Negi, Manan Sharma, Ishant Sharma, Navdeep Saini, Vikas Tokas, Pradeep Sangwan, Subodh Bhati

Milind Kumar hit 208 today in Maryland in Washington league in 40 over cricket match.

Share this post


Link to post
On 19/02/2017 at 8:46 AM, vayuu1 said:

I keep reminding u guys that I had a dream that India will start producing fast bowlers and will have their share of fast bowlers, I still haven't forgotten about that and I will not let everybody forget about it.

 

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

 

 

Kaise sapne dekhte ho? Dream of :

 

Disha-Patani-3.jpg

 

Or being a successful entrepreneur.

Or being a successful cricketer.

Or being POTUS.

Or being an army-man. :isalute:

Or many other good dreams.

Why waste it on Varun Aron. :hysterical:

 

 

Indian fast bowlers ke kisko sapne ate hai bhai? :cantstop:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Pollack

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×