B Thampi - Kerala Fast Bowler

Bystander

15 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Look at this below one and see how he is stretching his arm

Lively.gif

Another thing to note is that the crease. See how early Thanpi's foot lands. If Thampi can learn how to use the crease better from someone likee Zaheer, he can increase his speed even further and improve his line. 

Currently it shows inexperience and someone who is little scared to bowl a no ball. Good that he is aware of not no bowling a no ball but it will help him if he improves his run up and jump a bit further late so his foot lands more on the crease.

This Slight change of using the crease will help his bowling for better. 

55 minutes ago, Riju23 said:

I'd love to see some vids of both Thampi and Warrior. For the folks who have seen them, who would you compare these guys to?

Thampi to Waqar ( not quality wise but bowling style )  and Warrier to  Jake Ball   ( effect of the delivery rather than action-wise )

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Has a very good action...at least from the gifs posted doesn't seem very unconventional as some have mentioned.

the best part about that Yorker was it swung in the air even though it was pathetic technique by the batsmen...D.Ravi Teja is a good batsmen but looked pretty bad there.

even best of the batsmen look bad when ball reverse late and beats their defence.

On 1/29/2017 at 10:04 PM, Cricketics said:

Here is Thampi's yorker and also a view of his bowling action from the side.

Lively.gif

Look at this below one and see how he is stretching his arm

Lively.gif

That's pretty impressive. Thanks for posting!

Would like to see a full fledged video.

Selectors should be taking notice of this guy and fast-tracking him in the A team.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

That's pretty impressive. Thanks for posting!

Would like to see a full fledged video.

Selectors should be taking notice of this guy and fast-tracking him in the A team.

You can watch his video on Hotstar. That whole over was pretty impressive. Lots of fast yorkers tailing late into the batsman.

Basil Thampi was not used  either with the new ball or in the middle overs, perhaps because the pitch was gripping and aiding spinners

He bowled 3 overs at the end and they were excellent overs.

Most of his deliveries were quick, inswinging, accurate yorkers and he bowled lots of  good slower balls too.

Bowled a well directed sizzling bouncer.

Speeds of 136 k to 139 k even in the slog overs....which will probably be like 140 k to 143 k with international cricket speed-guns.

Impressed with this guy.   Has all the ingredients  to play LOIs  even today and would be an excellent partner to Bumrah.

Edited by express bowling
20 hours ago, msplash9 said:

In which company you are working ? I don't want to know, but that might have the answer to your concern. In Kerala you will find more Engineers than coconuts. So obviously there are a lot more engineers from Kerala Villages when compared to the rural areas of other states. And these people have the influence of Malayalam (which is totally different from Hindi or any other north indian languages) when they speak english. 

But these things are the concerns of just a certain set of people like you . I am from a Village in Kerala , my english is not the greatest,  I have a thick accent and I am least bothered about it. 

Seriously dude ??

I did not say anything with disrespect. But facts are facts. Thats it. Btw, I am from the designing industry. Advertising! Surely, advertising agency people speak better than engineers! Take care

Basil Thampi was not used  either with the new ball or in the middle overs, perhaps because the pitch was gripping and aiding spinners

He bowled 3 overs at the end and they were excellent overs.

Most of his deliveries were quick, inswinging, accurate yorkers and he bowled lots of  good slower balls too.

Bowled a well directed sizzling bouncer.

Speeds of 136 k to 139 k even in the slog overs....which will probably be like 140 k to 143 k with international cricket speed-guns.

Impressed with this guy.   Has all the ingredients  to play LOIs  even today and would be an excellent partner to Bumrah.

To be honest sandeep warrior looked quick to me then what that speedgun was showing 135kph!! Today its clear that thampi is ready for international with that dilhara Fernando type action , showed controlled pace swing and slower balls with accuracy

5 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

His round armish action helps him to skid the ball at pace and also to swing it into the right handers.

He'll be handy with the old ball.Impressed with him,looks fit and strong.He's only 23,can get physically

stronger and will be at his peak in couple of years time if managed well.

Yes, already seems to have a good slow ball, which I am really excited about. The bowler looks to have a good pressance of mind. Would do great to be picked for a team like RCB where Kohli can use him. 

If he can find a club to play overseas in off season, it can be great. Many Indian cricketers have a lot of contacts. Even a player like Rajat Bhatia plays in the Birmingham league where many current and former come and play. Even if he can get an experience like that, it would be great for him.