India U19 vs England U19 series (5 ODIs,2 Tests)

tweaker

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

The scorecard lists name such as Prithvi Shaw and SF khan in the Indian playing XI. Given that these players are already exposed to FC cricket, arguably a couple of notches higher in standard than U19, I am not sure they should be playing here.

Himanshu Rana has played more fc cricket than all of them.

Edited by Bleed-Blue
2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

The scorecard lists name such as Prithvi Shaw and SF khan in the Indian playing XI. Given that these players are already exposed to FC cricket, arguably a couple of notches higher in standard than U19, I am not sure they should be playing here.

It doesn't matter whether they have played FC or not. 

4 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

?

I didn't say it mattered. I said it *should* matter. If a player is already playing at a higher level then there is no need to induct him back at U19 level simply because he happens to be under the cut off age. Especially when the matches are being played in India.

FC experience should only help them at U19 level.

4 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

?

I didn't say it mattered. I said it *should* matter. If a player is already playing at a higher level then there is no need to induct him back at U19 level simply because he happens to be under the cut off age. Especially when the matches are being played in India.

FC experience should only help them at U19 level.

A sensational display of power-hitting from Delray Rawlins helped England recover from 126 for 6 to post 256, a total they defended by 23 runs at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Rawlins, a languid left-handed batsman who has previously represented Bermuda, hammered eight fours and five sixes in his 88-ball 107 to lead England's stunning fightback. He followed that up with 2 for 46 from his 10 overs as England took a 1-0 lead in the five-match series.

13 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Does not matter about winning or losing . Main thing is has any individual shined and showed us a glimpse of fudge star ?

Nagarkoti looks like a decent pace prospect.

Meanwhile Himanshu Rana scored a 100 in chase, which is always impressive even though it came in vaiN. He scored in 87 balls. And India were bowled out in 43rd over. Had they kept wickets and gave a hand to Rana, could have easily chased down before.

Rana needs to be kept an eye on.