Marcus Stoinis is playing a crazy knock

Cricketics

9 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Only south Africa comes close but they are chokers of the highest order. I mean is anyone betting against the Aus to win the 2019 world cup?

Australia at least for next 2 world cups will always be one of the favorites.

Same thing with West Indies being favorite for 2020 world cups for next year regardless of what ever group of players they pick. It is their kind of cricket.

8 hours ago, Texy said:

Stoinis was discovered in IPL wasn't he? 

No overseas player can be discovered in IPL. The reason they get picked in IPL is after IPL team owners end up buying the hype from overseas after few performances, like picking Ronchi etc in the past. Stoinis too got oicked like that so will many in future. 

22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how is he a dud player? It was just his 2nd ODI.

List A average of just 29 and FC average of 37.

He could have become a better player and improved recently but general perception about him is right among people. He looks ordinary. 

I was surprised when he was first picked in IPL because I saw him in BBL 2015 and he looked ordinary or nothing special. 

26 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

List A average of just 29 and FC average of 37.

He could have become a better player and improved recently but general perception about him is right among people. He looks ordinary. 

I was surprised when he was first picked in IPL because I saw him in BBL 2015 and he looked ordinary or nothing special. 

because he is an alrounder and those stats are not bad for an alrounder at any level. Also, Australian domestic cricket level is as close to the international level as you can get. 

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

because he is an alrounder and those stats are not bad for an alrounder at any level. Also, Australian domestic cricket level is as close to the international level as you can get. 

His bowling is crap. He averages almost 50 in FC cricket and pretty poor in List A too. Regardless of how good Aussie domestic is, he is hardly any bowler. He's just batting wel now, and hence general perception among many about him is correct that he has been ordinary. This is sort of his purple patch with batting. He has gotten the momentum and can improve on his scores, but he is not a decent all rounder by any means. 

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

His bowling is crap. He averages almost 50 in FC cricket and pretty poor in List A too. Regardless of how good Aussie domestic is, he is hardly any bowler. He's just batting wel now, and hence general perception among many about him is correct that he has been ordinary. This is sort of his purple patch with batting. He has gotten the momentum and can improve on his scores, but he is not a decent all rounder by any means. 

He has been pretty good in T20s with the ball. Did very well in IPL too with his variations.

That may be true a decade back but not true nowadays .

Most of their debubatnts often look woefully short of international quality nowadays.