Deepak Hooda, the finisher India needs.

Cricketics

Hooda gets another century, this time in Vijay Hazare . 88 ball 103 and still batting.

He must be the finisher which India needs. Its time go give him a run in couple of series. If he fails, drop him but he must be given couple of series and be allowed to play his natural game as he can be a successful finisher for India in 50 overs which we really need.

Also he is a potential Future Indian ODI captain to take over Kohli whenever Kohli resigns.

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

More evidence of how long it takes from under 19 star to May be ready for india team 

we hype the kids fast . Then we flop write them off . It’s just a journey and young players need to go on a journey before ready , some may never make it others may be ready years later and others after one year 

hooda doing well now 

I can tell you now they will pick Hooda most likely soon in a t20 series and he might fail and they will judge him of that.

50 over is the format where players like Hooda will excel more than t20.  

You can see Pandya’s best knocks also came of in 50 overs.

Hooda and hitters like him might possess ability to rock the t20 format, but they will all most often succeed in 50 overs than t20s.  

Dhawan, Jadhav and few others are example who have failed comsidtently in t20s but performed better in the bigger format.

The team management is making a mess of odi middle order. It seems like kohli and shastri do not want anyone to settle down in those positions. Rahul was kicked out after just 3 innings. Iyer succeeded in 2 innings still was not continued with. In case of pandey and karthick they seem to be doing some lotto before each match to see if they needs to be played. Seriously deserving players like hooda and shankar are not even picked in team. God knows Wat plan they have in mind for the world cup.

Hooda/Sarfaraz/Pan/KL are ideal replacements for Dhoni/Yuvi/Raina and offcourse Rohit

The LOI batting needs a complete overhaul , its wishful thinking and wont happen.

Dhawan/Pant

KL/Pant

Virat 

KL/Gill/Dhoni

Sarfaraz

Hooda

Pandya

if we can bring in Hooda/sarfaraz/Pant/KL now and even of 2 of them settle in Dhoni can go , but this has to happen asap giving these players enough experience before the WC

2 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Hooda/Sarfaraz/Pan/KL are ideal replacements for Dhoni/Yuvi/Raina and offcourse Rohit

The LOI batting needs a complete overhaul , its wishful thinking and wont happen.

Dhawan/Pant

KL/Pant

Virat 

KL/Gill/Dhoni

Sarfaraz

Hooda

Pandya

if we can bring in Hooda/sarfaraz/Pant/KL now and even of 2 of them settle in Dhoni can go , but this has to happen asap giving these players enough experience before the WC

but Kohli is to afraid of losing. he is too afraid of giving any newcomer chances.  he has shown too much conservative selections.  He is happy to call back Karthik, PP, Yuvi but drops Rahul after 3 games in middle order.

48 minutes ago, SUMO said:

I m asking for hooda in the team from a long time...

He is the only guy who fullfils my criteria..

1.Good first class average (to filter out hacks)

2.Hard hitter

3.Part time bowling

How much of his batting have you watched.   I like Hooda, but his batting style isn't too far away from 'hack'.  

Just now, sandeep said:

How much of his batting have you watched.   I like Hooda, but his batting style isn't too far away from 'hack'.  

Hack in t20s may be because you see him come down and most young players will get out early in IPL and will perfectly ending up doing justice to the word “hack”

In 50 overs is when he producrd his best game.

He doesn’t like to hit every ball, and he can rotate and score at a high rate.

Players don’t have such luxury in IPL due tonhigh demands of scoring runs right away and most end up looking like “hack” even though they aren’t.

2020 isn’t th way to judge. 50 over is. Hooda is a 50 over player for sure.

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Hack in t20s may be because you see him come down and most young players will get out early in IPL and will perfectly ending up doing justice to the word “hack”

In 50 overs is when he producrd his best game.

He doesn’t like to hit every ball, and he can rotate and score at a high rate.

Players don’t have such luxury in IPL due tonhigh demands of scoring runs right away and most end up looking like “hack” even though they aren’t.

2020 isn’t th way to judge. 50 over is. Hooda is a 50 over player for sure.

Bhai, I like Hooda as a prospect, no need to wax defensive.   Just saying that you can't merely go by FC stats to "filter out hacks".  Standard disclaimer of Sir Jaddu's FC triple hundreds applies.   

33 minutes ago, sandeep said:

you have only watched him in T20 cricket and t20 cricket can make even best players look hack.

Edited by rkt.india
3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Bhai, I like Hooda as a prospect, no need to wax defensive.   Just saying that you can't merely go by FC stats to "filter out hacks".  Standard disclaimer of Sir Jaddu's FC triple hundreds applies.   

Nothing of defense I am just saying that what looks good to us would look totally opposite on another occasion and to a different person or to a professional player like say top elegant players like Rahane, Amla, Kohli, Tendulkar, Dravid etc will look hack.

So all these players whom I mentioned, they might feel that some successful player is a hack too just beause he is not as elegant or doesn't look to take singles in odi cricket etc.

Hooda for many will be imaged as hack because all the public do is see them in IPL etc mostly.

This is a general thing. We all are at times guilty of this judging different players by seeing them and rating them when they are not a their best or in a totally different situation where they shouldn't be judged.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Deepak hooda doesnt even bowl regularly 10 overs in domestic

I think you are right here, but you see Hardik Pandya, after that 93in the first test match, has just scored 52 runs in the next 9 innings. The message I wanted to convey was that Pandya is inconsistent and needs to be dropped.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

50+ avg does ensure that he has some technique atleast and temperament to bat longer.

If you take somebody just on ipl heroics but mediocre first class record he may excel in t20s but cant expect a stable middle order batsman cum slogger out of him for odis.

Hooda has excellent list A and first class record coupled with some match winning knocks in the ipl.

In all the 3 criteria which I mentioned he is frontrunner for no 5 spot ahead of nitish rana and krunal. Time to discard rahane jadhav dk manish.

Vijay shanker is another very good option.