List of talented, young fast bowlers with pace in India

ShebbySB

11 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Somehow my gut feel says that Shami will not last long enough . Injury prone and also heard is a very lazy fellow. 

So better to use him test and sparingly in 50 overs only . No T20 for him. 

When fit too valuable in tests.

That should open up few chances for new guys in 50 overs & T20

I have heard that he bowls 140 even in the last session and practices by bowling and working on the ball over and over. I think he is a guy who will be effective even if he becomes medium pacer at 135k.

Thampi looks the most impressive so far....from what I have seen so far,he seems to be a thinking bowler.

We always seem to bowlers who will bowl in the same place robotically over and over in helpful conditions and pick loads of wickets or the ones with pace will just hurl the ball at their fastest like a discuss throw competition without any accuracy or brains

31 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

likes of Nathu, Ankit, Warrier have time on their side and can certainly play for India in future. Warrier has been really impressiv. Needs to get him in A tours and then overseas tours of India, ASAP.

That's the key. So far we've already had Dinda, Nehra and Vinay in A teams.

57 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Agreed with all that you said. That means basically only one slot is open across formats which according to you Thampi should seal. Rest will have to keep playing A tours/Ranji/IPL etc etc. As unfortunate as it may sound, most of these names may not ever play for India. Especially with selectors picking Dinda in A team.

As of today, yes.  But the younger ones might get in after one to two  years as older guys may lose form

They need A team exposure.

31 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Why is Nathu not in the India A squads? He did well in Duleep trophy but is being ignored for India A.

I find this very strange

Nathu did well in the last Deodhar Trophy,  had an excellent SMA Trophy in 2016 and did very well in List A too.

Someone with his pace and skills should be an automatic choice in A teams, especially for the one day matches and even for the longer games.

41 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Nathu,Ankit and Thambi, exciting wonder who will break through.

Warrier is there who too was hitting 140 but was looking quicker with extra bounce. He was really impressive in today's game. Keeper was standing at 22-25 yards back and was still taking the ball head height.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I find this very strange

Nathu did well in the last Deodhar Trophy,  had an excellent SMA Trophy in 2016 and did very well in List A too.

Someone with his pace and skills should be an automatic choice in A teams, especially for the one day matches and even for the longer games.na

nathu was found by older selection committee. This new one has repeatedly overlooked him.

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Oh Express ji

You are so good depth of expertise , how did you miss out Ankit rajpoot .

I think he is a potential Test bowler .

Was it an oversight that you missed him?

We were discussing players who are on the verge of international team selection or should be so.

Ankit Rajpoot is a good bowler but don't see him breaking into the test team within the next year.

First, he will have to play for the A team.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We were discussing players who are on the verge of international team selection or should be so.

Ankit Rajpoot is a good bowler but don't see him breaking into the test team within the next year.

First, he will have to play for the A team.

OK.  Good .  If  given chances in overseas A tours , should be a contender in a year or so , but may not find a place in 11 .

• Rajpoot looks ready to me for LOI 
  • Thampi and Rahul shukla in t20. (has nyone seen Thampi bowl long spells)
  • In test- I would like to try-  Nathu and Aniket.c
  • Sanghwan another bowler i would like to try in ODI
  • Avesh khan is one sought of bowler i would love to fast track in test cricket. His line n length and bounce will get him lot of wkts on bouncy pitches. 
I saw sanghwan on TV recently..I guess that pink ball match...he did try but not international material.

Bran seems to vary his pace from 109k to 144k  n is better

Areyy that's what I have been shouting !! Sangwan is useless; ohh and I think your talking about brainder sarn???

On 2/3/2017 at 4:11 PM, ShebbySB said:

Best fast bowler in our country right now is Shami.Umesh,Ishant,BK,Bumrah are other leading seam

bowlers right now.Seam bowling allrounder Hardik is also sharp,can bowl 140+ when he wants to.But

besides them there are some other talented fast bowlers in the country right now.

1)Varun Aaron (Fast) (Fastest Indian bowler with intl. exp)

2)Shardul Thakur (Fast med) (skillfull,137-142k at his best)

3)Nathu Singh (pacy,skiddy,he's 140-145ks at his peak)

4)Ankit Rajpoot (tall,quick bowler.Very promising,his fastest till now is 147-148ks till now)

5)Rahul Shukla (Strong,hit the deck bowler,can bowl upto high 140s)

6)Mohd Siraj (Tall,sharp..looked faster than what he clocked,very good FC performance in this season)

7)Aniket Chowdhury (Tall,only decent left ar seamer right now,selected in the India A squad)

8)Basil Thampi (Pacy,clocking 140-145ks in domestic speedguns,looks a complete LOI bowler,only 23)

9)Sandeep Warrier (Skiddy,bowling 137-140ks in domestic speedguns,looks pretty sharp,as done well for Kerala)

10)Pradeep Sangwan (Has improved his pace,decent left arm seamer,can also bat)

Pawan Suyal was very impressive but has faded away with injuries.Avesh Khan,Navdeep Saini,Ravi Kiran,

Chama Milind and Sran are also in contention but they will not be in my list of 10 for now.Any other bowlers young

bowler with pace,potential I've missed?I've not considered mediocre Sid Kaul or any other tried and tested failures.

Only bowlers with feasible chance of representing the nation have been considered.

Rahul shukla and suyal are not playing for even any IPL team now...

I don't think he is in reckoning or even being considered.

Avesh khan also seems gone.

Varun seems unfit most of the time.

I wanna him to be back but he hardly plays.

I guess others are being considered.