List of talented, young fast bowlers with pace in India

ShebbySB

21 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Would we ever fast track someone like this ? Or do we desire 5 years of trundling in ranji accumulating meaningless stats before being picked 

Tom  actually played for Middlesex seconds team. I have never known Indian bowler being so fast tracked.  Actually we do not have seconds team concept at all like in England. Where we score though is that we have lot of domestic tourneys as compared to that in England.

11 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Tom  actually played for Middlesex seconds team. I have never known Indian bowler being so fast tracked.  Actually we do not have seconds team concept at all like in England. Where we score though is that we have lot of domestic tourneys as compared to that in England.

We do have second teams and they are called u25, u23. Likes of Khalil, Avesh have been playing for U23 as they didn't make main squads. Even when he doesn't play for main squad play U23.

Edited by rkt.india
15 hours ago, express bowling said:

What we are finding among most Indian fast bowlers these days is that their stock balls are quite quick and usually hover within 2 k to 3 k of their fastest ball of a spell.  We have seen  this with Shami, Umesh, Bumrah and Ishant.  Srinath had the same quality too.

Another issue is the ability to bowl that sudden faster ball.....something that Zaheer pointed out after he lost a bit of pace during his last 2 years.  He said that " nowadays i cannot bowl 137 k + consistently and, what I do is bowl some deliveries at around 132 / 133 k and suddenly bowl one at 138 k / 139 k with almost the same action and it surprises the batsman " . For pacers who are not consistently quick, this ability helps and I found thatr interview an interesting read.

The ability to get more-than-normal  bounce off length or just short of it,   is often the difference between a good international pacer and an ordinary one. The reason why I want pacers like Nathu Singh and Basil Thampi to be introduced in our pool of pacers  and the new kid being discussed, Aniket Choudhary, has this ability too. ( While guys like Dinda, Mohit, Vinay etc. did not have this ability and they failed dutifully ).

Another interesting issue here  ( which was being partially discussed by Nasser Hussain in our last test series vs. England )  is the greater effectiveness of skiddy fast bowlers with some extra pace in the sub-continent in comparison to the tall bouncy fast bowlers.   My personal observation is that those skiddy fast bowlers, who have the ability to get some balls to bounce higher-than-normal  from length or just short of it,  and some to skid-on along a lower trajectory, are the ones who succeed the most in India nowadays ( like Shami ).  It basically ends up surprising batsmen much more than just skiddy fast bowlers or just bouncy fast bowlers. The great Malcolm Marshall had the same quality.

We need to look for more such bowlers to partner Shami..... and Thampi and  Nathu are again 2 such names.....while pacers like Ishant, Aniket, Rajpoot etc. would be more the consistent bouncy variety to add variation to our pace attack in Asia and lead the attack on bouncier tracks outside Asia.

yes...ankeit chowdary has that ability.......he being tall helps him even more....

Shami has developed that ball from WI tour and he is rewarded plenty 

10 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

yes...ankeit chowdary has that ability.......he being tall helps him even more....

Shami has developed that ball from WI tour and he is rewarded plenty 

Shami, Ishant, Pandya, Aaron, Nathu, Thampi, Aniket, Ankit,  Warrier....all have this ability of getting extra bounce from some length or just short of length deliveries.   They should form our fast bowler pool.

Umesh, despite being very fast, is not very good at this....and this partially explains his less than expected success at international level.  He has improved this aspect in the last series against England though.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Shami, Ishant, Pandya, Aaron, Nathu, Thampi, Aniket, Ankit,  Warrier....all have this ability of getting extra bounce from some length or just short of length deliveries.   They should form our fast bowler pool.

Umesh, despite being very fast, is not very good at this....and this partially explains his less than expected success at international level.  He has improved this aspect in the last series against England though.

But I feel, out of most of them, Umesh if given confidence and chance, will succeed the most.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Now that he has started to get some bounce, I feel Umesh's wicket count in tests may go up suddenly if he is able to maintain his new-found accuracy 

With Umesh the only thing i have been wondering in recent times why has he stopped using that sliging arm action with old for reverse swing that he used against Sa in 4th and somewhat against Wi in 1st.....post that i dnt think he used that ploy. 

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

With Umesh the only thing i have been wondering in recent times why has he stopped using that sliging arm action with old for reverse swing that he used against Sa in 4th and somewhat against Wi in 1st.....post that i dnt think he used that ploy. 

Yes....Umesh bowling slightly wide of the crease with a somewhat slightly action made it difficult for the batsmen to play him

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes....Umesh bowling slightly wide of the crease with a somewhat slightly action made it difficult for the batsmen to play him

Yup he isnt even using the crease much.......who asked him to stop doing what was working for him. 

Reverse swing becomes more lethal with a slingy action specially at his pace, had he used those ploy in past few test his wkt tally wud hve been diff. 

13 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I rate Indian prospects in this order:

1.Nathu Singh

2.Ankit Rajput

3.Aniket Choudhary

4.Avesh khan

5.Shardul thakur

Sran is skillfull but not sure about his fitness and pace.Pawan Suyal and Sanghwan don't rate them much.

Did not watch thampi and warrior much so no comments.

U shud see Thampi's videos then , ur list wud change afterwards

On 2/6/2017 at 7:52 AM, rkt.india said:

Strength training doesn't help in increasing pace much. It helps you sustain that pace for longer periods. Pace comes from your run-up and bowling action. Strength doesn't translate into pace all  the time.

i have heard people say its the delivery stride, and the non bowling arm positioning. 

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

I rate Indian prospects in this order:

1.Nathu Singh

2.Ankit Rajput

3.Aniket Choudhary

4.Avesh khan

5.Shardul thakur

Sran is skillfull but not sure about his fitness and pace.Pawan Suyal and Sanghwan don't rate them much.

Did not watch thampi and warrior much so no comments.

there is a thread for Thambi's videos, check that out he will be in your top three after that. Sandeep is pretty good too.