Play Pakistan or Lose points under new system passed by ICC

Ironhide

Yep, screw the points. we cannot fund terrorism against India by helping Pakistan make money.

In any case, I suspect the "points" system will go the way of the Future Tours Program and the World Test Championship. Ultimately each series will remain a fresh start for the two teams involved.

points or no points - i think we shouldn't play pakistan for next 25 years. our government has been trying to establish in the world forums that pak is a terror haven and should be declared a terrorist state. so far this has not happened. by refusing to play pakistan even at the expense of losing points will help us make a huge statement. 

tell me honestly guys - do you place the Test No. 1 ranking higher or the safety of our country men higher? as someone said, we dont want to fund pakistan's cricket which will eventually find its way into the hands of terrorist. you may ask how? I am not talking about the money PCB will make through a series against India. I am talking about the amount of betting money that circulates during Ind / Pak match. All of us know without doubt, where the betting monies end up... funding terror and other illegal activities.

Edited by Dinx - the Jinx
On the basis that South African cricket was being severely influenced by its politics, in particular banning blacks from playing and being disallowed from playing 'none-white' nations.

@Malcolm Merlyn And the only time England have come up against Zimbabwe in a league system recently, guess what happened?

@G_B_ Zimbabwe will still be a part of the 13 team ODI league.

That's their internal political issue .Nothing to with international sports .

As for not playing non-white nations not accurate , SA actually hosted a West Indies rebel tour.

South Africa were actually banned because they practiced apartheid , a form of racial discrimination .They were banned from sports because they practiced racial discrimination on blacks .Black being not selected for the team was a side effect and never the reason.

Actually if left to ECB and Australia they would have happily and shamelessly played with the aparetheid regimes.Luckily teams like West Indies , Pakistan and India were forefront of it pushing for the ban.Thats why though Rugby team were never suspended , cricket rejected aparetheid .

14 hours ago, Stumped said:

Which is a political issue that has nothing to do with sport...

So when Cricket teams and players refused to tour South Africa during the apartheid years, what type of issue was it then?  I guess terrorism and the blood of innocents is not that big a deal since its the blood of Indians involved.  Such hypocrisy.  

I don't care what points system the ICC come up with - let the BCCI handle the ICC level politics the way they can and must.  As an Indian and a cricket fan, who would dearly enjoy India-Pakistan cricket once resumed, I fully support the choice made by BCCI not to tour Pakistan, whether its in the UAE or anywhere else.  

Probably largely because their team is absolutely useless and not worth wasting a series on and yes, for political reasons. However when it came to a league system they were penalised for that (even though the players were reciveing death threats at the time) and it cost progression to the next round of the world cup.

Therefore rightfully if India refuse to play Pakistan for political reasons under this system they will be penalised for it, which will be detrimental to them qualifying for the world test championship final/world cup.

So? What's your point? Of course the team loses points when it refuses to play against a particular opposition in a league system. Nobody is disputing that.

What people are disputing is having the league system in the first place.

1 hour ago, Stumped said:

Except it's true, isn't it.

So what's the yardstick for such relegation going forward then?  What about Sri Lanka?  They are going through a major re-build and the team is at one of its weakest ebbs in ages.  If they continue to lose for a few years in tests, should they be "relegated" as well?  

18 hours ago, Stumped said:

Only fair,  sports and politics shouldn't mix. If one team has an issue with playing against another on a political basis in a league system then they should forfeit the points.

Says who? exceptions are need to be made

1 minute ago, veer said:

Says who? exceptions are need to be made

I agree. why should i play a team i dont want to ? dont think people realize the kind of money muscle we have, not saying it will ever happen but if we wanted we could withdraw from ICC, expand IPL to cover test, odis as well and attract top player from wherever we wanted. Heck dont have to pay a cent to any other board or ICC; i dont need bias SA board i just need abdv, steyn we pay them directly.

1 minute ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I agree. why should i play a team i dont want to ? dont think people realize the kind of money muscle we have, not saying it will ever happen but if we wanted we could withdraw from ICC, expand IPL to cover test, odis as well and attract top player from wherever we wanted. Heck dont have to pay a cent to any other board or ICC; i dont need bias SA board i just need abdv, steyn we pay them directly.

What and international games for india . So we destroy world cricket and take over with ipl loool

how exactly do you benefit from that lol I like watching india play other countries thank you very much particularly in tests 

me think lots of failed losers in life on this forum . Whose only way of reaching self esteem is to beat chest on bcci power and worrying about every cent they have lol

None of this will be implemented atleast till 2019.So we even if there is FTP scheduling ,the likelyhood of playing Pakistan wont arise till 2020-21.

Hardly something to fret about for the present .No one can predict the political situation 5 years from now let alone cricket situation.All we need t do is get get along for now ,get our house in order,wait for Manohar to finish his tenure, and then see how it goes 1-2 years down the line.Nothing is permanent in neither Politics or in ICC.

Ultimately if the time comes ,just go by the government position.Ultimately it should be upto the government to decide these sensitive issues.

8 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Nothing wil stop our finanncial power and nothing will stop us running things

But more money for poorer countries is great thing.  Windies and SL for example great if they can pay players more and invest more in infrastucture.  Great if Irland get more money etc

Dont worry lads our boys will still be top of the pile .  We wint lack for ££

The panic here is hilarious

ps we can not play pak whenever we want .  Lose a few points no more

exactly BCCI can invest in some countries, may be even in some development spots in US,Canada, Nepal,Afg etc. Eventually make way for splitting from ICC totally with just a token amature team participating in what ever torunaments they manage to conduct.

3 hours ago, Stumped said:

Zimbabwe would be part of the 3 largely because of their shambolic test record, even more so in recent years as their decline has increased. Afghanistan would most probably put up a very good fight and quite possibly even beat them if they played a test match right now.

Zim,Afg,Ireland should be brought to full test member status, India should offer series with them as well. Replace pak series with these series' basically :)