India should seriously consider and push for 2 international teams

kruiser

We have the most population, the biggest domestic structure and plethora of talent. We always have discussions on such and such not getting a chance to prove their credentials. 

All the ICC - BCCI fiasco aside, I think India should seriously push for having 2 international XIs for Limited Over matches. (We could do that for tests as well, but that's for another day)

In ICC tournaments, it is even possible that we get both the 1st and 2nd places. 

If this were to happen, following would be my choice of 2 XIs:

team 1/ team 2

Rahul/ Pant (wk)

Rohit/ Shikhar

Virat Kohli (c)/ Raina

Yuvraj/ Nair

Dhoni (wk)/ Iyer

Pandey/ Jadhav

Jadeja/ Kuldeep

Mishra/ Ashwin (c)

Pandya/ Vijay Shankar

Bhuvi/ Bumrah

Shami/ Yadav

Reserves:

Spinners - Nadeem/ Jayant/ Chahal

Fast Bowlers - Umesh/ Nathu/ Aniket/ Warrier/ Thampi

Top order Bat - Rahane/ Mukund/  Sarfaraz

WK Bat - Kishan/ Bains

There is enough depth in both teams and enough bench strength to dominate LOIs in all conditions.

1 minute ago, rahulrulezz said:

Then Indians would keep making the excuse that "Oh this is not our best 11, imagine if we had just one Indian team, we would be the world champions" eveytime we loose a match. 

Yes, I agree. We will always make excuses no matter what! 

I would like it to happen

ICC can pass a rule that the top 3 ranked teams, who have won more than a certain % of matches in the last 2 years,  can field 2 teams.

But, " India 1"  should be the strongest possible team and India 2 should be the A team. ( it will still be quite strong )

The first team ( India 1 )  should not be diluted so that we are able to win everything possible.

Even Australia and South Africa can field 2 teams. It would make the competition stronger and the tournaments more interesting. It may partially make up for only few strong countries playing international cricket.

Edited by express bowling
I would like it to happen

ICC can pass a rule that the top 3 ranked teams, who have won more than a certain % of matches in the last 2 years,  can field 2 teams.

But, " India 1"  should be the strongest possible team and India 2 should be the A team. ( it will still be quite strong )

The first team ( India 1 )  should not be diluted so that we are able to win everything possible.

Even Australia and South Africa can field 2 teams. It would make the competition stronger and the tournaments more interesting. It may partially make up for only few strong countries playing international cricket.

It won't make it interesting more like farcical.

Why ?

It better to try something and see how it pans out rather than writing it off.

I have heard many say that only a few strong teams in cricket make it less interesting.

Because international cricket is about nations competing not testing proxy teams.Infact it is incredibly insulting to the fans and countries too.

I frankly would want India to not participate in any world tournament if (say for example) the top three teams are Eng AUS and SA and are allowed their A teams to participate.

8 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Because international cricket is about nations competing not testing proxy teams.Infact it is incredibly insulting to the fans and countries too.

I frankly would want India to not participate in any world tournament if (say for example) the top three teams are Eng AUS and SA and are allowed their A teams to participate.

That is your personal view and there will be lots of people who will be for this idea as well as against it.

Rather have strong domestic competitions where 6 best teams compete each other and best among them shud be selected. Challenger trophy shud be srsly pushed to another level. 

Even the gr8 WI n Aus could have had 2 teams but their team was a champion, i think 1st we shud become a champion side to have any thoughts like that. Rite now i think rather giving good player to other team we shud give them chance in main team. 

few players like raydu,uthappa, karthik  n all who cant be part of main team shud actually consider playing for minnows and help increase the competition. They ll be invaluable to those squads