Aniket Chaudhary ,Left arm fast bowler

tweaker

Aniket Chaudhary is a  left-arm pacer from Rajasthan, who is considered as one of the best left-arm fast bowlers in the country.

The tall and lanky fast bowler had a decent season in the recently concluded 2016-17 Ranji Trophy as he took 21 wickets in 7 matches at an average of just over 28.

He was also called to represent India A in the two-day tour game against Bangladesh at Secunderabad earlier this week where he returned with figures of 4/26 in the first innings .

Chaudhary is tall, can bowl at a good pace and is capable of creating the awkward angles a left-armer can create against a right-handed batsman

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

hang time should be forward towards the crease, not upwards towards the sky.

Lol, I was just making fun.

On a serious note, there is one other factor for generating pace which I think hasn't been discussed much. I believe the point at which your bowling arm starts rotating is important. For eg. I found that when I bowled with a shorter rotate of hand starting somewhere parallel to my leg I could bowl a lot faster. Jeff Thomson, Brett Lee, Shoaib Akthar all do the same. In the other extreme we have someone like Kapil Dev who takes his hand till his chest and does a big rotation thus reducing speed.

I believe this is because you are using all your shoulder and arm strength into a short rotation and thus can rotate your hand faster to generate more speed.

6 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Lol, I was just making fun.

On a serious note, there is one other factor for generating pace which I think hasn't been discussed much. I believe the point at which your bowling arm starts rotating is important. For eg. I found that when I bowled with a shorter rotate of hand starting somewhere parallel to my leg I could bowl a lot faster. Jeff Thomson, Brett Lee, Shoaib Akthar all do the same. In the other extreme we have someone like Kapil Dev who takes his hand till his chest and does a big rotation thus reducing speed.

I believe this is because you are using all your shoulder and arm strength into a short rotation and thus can rotate your hand faster to generate more speed.

yes, it is called stretch reflex or delayed arm. You need to take you bowling arm as back as possible or delay the release of the ball. Look at how stretched those bowling arms are in these images

Here is something to read.

What has physics got to do with fast bowling?

There are three concepts that govern fast bowling. Good technique allows you to successfully perform all three in the correct order. The good news is that good technique is very easy to understand.

First let's look at the three concepts:

1. The generation of 'kinetic energy' in the run-up. In a human body, kinetic energy (think of it as movement energy) arises from the contraction or shortening of muscles. These muscles are fuelled by chemical energy stored in the body.
  2. The stretching of elastic tissue prior to delivery. Like an elastic band, the muscles store 'elastic' potential energy. This stored energy allows the muscles to return explosively to their original length. Correct technique will allow us to use these stretched tissues to speed up our bowling
  3. The efficient transfer of energy to the ball. An efficient bowler uses the kinetic energy generated from his run-up and transfers it to the ball by using correct technique. This is ultimately an issue of controlling the energy to take it where it is wanted; in other words, the ball.

http://www.pitchvision.com/how-to-bowl-fast#/

1download.jpg

Jeff-Thomson.jpg

download12.jpg