Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sandeep

PSL Fixing Scandal:Sharjeel,Khalid Latif,Nair Jamshed Suspended,Nasir Jamshed Arrestedin Uk

Recommended Posts

Islamabad United players Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif have been provisionally suspended under the PCB's Anti-Corruption Code as part of an ongoing investigation into an organisation's alleged attempts to corrupt the ongoing Pakistan Super League. The PCB's investigation is being backed by the ICC's Anti-Corruption Unit.

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-super-league-2016-17/content/story/1081875.html

Share this post


Link to post

Pakistanis showed the world the concept of fixing,various styles of tampering...hell I had no idea what spot fixing was till Pakistan made it famous.....awaiting with utmost curiosity what this new innovation is...will be a bummer if it is the usual fixing,drugs,prostitution scandals

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, maniac said:

What the hell...he was touted as being the savior just a week back...anyway good for him that he got involved in corruption....red carpet will be rolled out and he will get ample opportunities even with mediocre performances once his ban is done.

 

Corruption or bans are usually the stepping stones in Pak cricket :giggle:

Yep. Fans would think he was the greatest thing ever if he was not banned, he can go on TV and earn millions and come back after 1 year and have an automatic place in the team. With the fixing money he earned, its a win-win situation

Share this post


Link to post

reports are, some 'elements' trying to corrupt PSL contacted both of these players and according to ICC rules, its players responsibility to immediately 'Report' any such event but these players failed doing so and so provisionally suspended by PCB till inquiry gets completed against them...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Asim said:

reports are, some 'elements' trying to corrupt PSL contacted both of these players and according to ICC rules, its players responsibility to immediately 'Report' any such event but these players failed doing so and so provisionally suspended by PCB till inquiry gets completed against them...

 

Failure to report is a bannable offence.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Asim said:

reports are, some 'elements' trying to corrupt PSL contacted both of these players and according to ICC rules, its players responsibility to immediately 'Report' any such event but these players failed doing so and so provisionally suspended by PCB till inquiry gets completed against them...

If that's the case expect him to be banned for 2-3 years. Has happened to others before.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, maniac said:

What the hell...he was touted as being the savior just a week back...anyway good for him that he got involved in corruption....red carpet will be rolled out and he will get ample opportunities even with mediocre performances once his ban is done.

 

Corruption or bans are usually the stepping stones in Pak cricket :giggle:

Just like how a 'brotha' gains street Rep by going to jail in his teenage years

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

This is what you get when you keep giving chances to fixers or even treat them as heroes.

 

@Asim

saying treating them as heroes is obv a bit too much but yes opinion was divided on giving back chance to Amir and I'd b honest, I was in favor of that...

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Asim said:

saying treating them as heroes is obv a bit too much but yes opinion was divided on giving back chance to Amir and I'd b honest, I was in favor of that...

Not too much, it is the correct thing to say, just look at your ex cricketers and news anchors drooling over asif and praying for his return

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, kira said:

Not too much, it is the correct thing to say, just look at your ex cricketers and news anchors drooling over asif and praying for his return

favoring his (or Amir's return) is another thing and calling them "heroes" is altogether different thing which obv never happened...

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, New guy said:

Seems unlikely. Why would he make separate announcements instead of at the same time?

Peter miller and a couple of other journos tweeted something about pcb chairman hinting that more could be involved, but they have enough evidence against the 2 we know about

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Peter miller and a couple of other journos tweeted something about pcb chairman hinting that more could be involved, but they have enough evidence against the 2 we know about

Seriously I wonder how to pak fans still shamelessly continue to support their pathetic team, bahot hi dheet fans  hai yaar :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Party time for Indian's

Why? Coz we are "scared" of Sharjeel "Viv" Khan??? :laugh: Wasn't he in the team during the Asia Cup and WT20 where he did squat like most of the Pak players? Waiting for Pak fans crying about how "innocent" Sharjeel is and how he was lured into the fiasco and that it's all a kaaanspiracy by BCCI who are jealous of the next Bradman  :giggle:

 

On a serious note this is what happens when the board and fans legitimize corruption and fixing for short term gains. Akhtar and Asif were protected for taking steroids & drug related offences. Then the trio who were caught fixing were backed and one actually made it back to the team! if you don't take a hard stand and let things go based on talent these things are bound to happen.

Edited by Ultimate_Game

Share this post


Link to post

form is temporary, class is permanant

 

Sharjeel will be back opening for Pakistan, just like Mohammed Amir

 

A precedent has already been set. Salman Butt is already playing PCB sanctioned first class cricket.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, kira said:

Really enjoying this pak comedy circus, tears of pak fans are so delicious :aha:

Yes imagine if a sober individual like Mohammad Shami with no scandal history somehow out of nowhere gets his name into something like fixing and corruption, This is shocking stuff

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×