Points out of 10 for the bowlers...

fineleg

maniac can add points for the batsmen (except KLR all other bats did well).

Bowlers:

Umesh Yadav 8/10 - Bowled very well in this match, with some luck could have had more wickets. Best among pacers for this match.

Ishant Sharma 7/10 - Bowled bad in some parts, but had some really good spell in 2nd Inn

Bhuvi - 6/10 - kept it tight and one superb delivery that bowled the batsman.

R Jadeja - 8/10 - bowled well , kept tight, troubled batsmen, took wickets

R Ashwin - 7/10 - bowled better in second inn.

Overall bowlers did well on batsman friendly pitch. Jayant Yadav and Kuldeep Yadav good backups for Aus tour.

Edited by fineleg

What's the point of giving them points based on this match.This wasn't the most imp match.

My rating(not based on this match but overall):

Umesh.  6.5/10

Bhuvi.    6.5/10

Shami.  8/10

Ishant.   4/10

Ashwin.  7.5/10

R Jadeja. 7.5/10

J yadav.   4/10

A Mishra.  6/10

And just to waste bandwidth for this match:

Umesh. 8/10

Bhuvi.   4/10

Ishant.  7/10

Ashwin and Jadeja. 5/10

Edited by Pollack
3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We have a new Mr.acumen who probably did not even watch the game and caught some highlights of his idol Mushfiqur Rahim's ton only along with reading bunch of numbers on cricinfo. 

Now people will have to collect certificates on Acumen and Indianess from a non Indian living in baseball country. :giggle:

BK was gun barrel striaght and trundling for most of the test.If not for that wicket i would have given him negative marks.

This is a chewt thread.    Totally subjective and filled with BS.  In the same spirit - Let's have points out of 10 for the poster above you.  I'll start ;)

MM:

• Certificate of "Fan"ness - 8/10 - totally committed to Team India's cause, to the extent of losing his cool and venting spleen when things don't go right.  Loses a couple of points for taking it a bit too far at times.
  • Entertainment value of posts - 7/10  - Usually entertaining and worth a read - most of the time. 
  • Analysis and Insight:  6/10  
  • Friendliness rating - so this is basically on a spectrum from super nice guy on one extreme, to a total d!ck/jerk on the other.  +10 to -10 MM rates around the middle - I think let's call it a 3.  
  • Knowledge of the game - broken down into:
    • Game and history:  6/10
    • batting:  8/10  - he's an Indian fan - by association, an 'expert' on batting as a starting point :p:
    • bowling: Incomplete!  - I will reserve judgement until he finishes the assignment of watching a few more dazzling spells from the Bhuvi.

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This is a chewt thread.    Totally subjective and filled with BS.  In the same spirit - Let's have points out of 10 for the poster above you.  I'll start ;)

MM:

• Certificate of "Fan"ness - 8/10 - totally committed to Team India's cause, to the extent of losing his cool and venting spleen when things don't go right.  Loses a couple of points for taking it a bit too far at times.
  • Entertainment value of posts - 7/10  - Usually entertaining and worth a read - most of the time. 
  • Friendliness rating - so this is basically on a spectrum from super nice guy on one extreme, to a total d!ck/jerk on the other.  +10 to -10 MM rates around the middle - I think let's call it a 3.  
    • batting:  8/10  - he's an Indian fan - by association, an 'expert' on batting as a starting point :p:
    • bowling: Incomplete!  - I will reserve judgement until he finishes the assignment of watching a few more dazzling spells from the Bhuvi.

:laugh1::laugh1:

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Another ridiculous post regurgitating the prevalent but ignorant bias. Ishant has comfortably been India's best pacer over the last 3 years, even better than our newly anointed fast bowling hope, Shami. Really sharp analysis from you rating Umesh ahead of him.

Umesh is better than Ishant. I am sorry that is my opinion :agree:.You can disagree. I agree though that I have rated Shami more than reality since we are talking of tests here.

People need to demarcate between Ishant Sharma in the last 3 years,  starting from the new Zealand tour of 2014 ,   and Ishant Sharma before that   ( when he was below average )

He has been quite good in the last 3 years....bowls in good rhythm most of the time...., with pace, bounce, accuracy, seam movement, reverse swing both ways.....

Edited by express bowling

MM:

:finger:

Jadeja was very impressive - He keeps at it. Very accurate hard working and tries to make things happen. He was very good in the ODI series vs. Eng also and all this makes you hopeful for a better performance overseas. 

Ashwin went flat for a little bit but was good in the second innings. Questions about how he can handle a flat pitch persists. I do feel he is a better bowler overall so it will be interesting to see how he develops more. 

Bhuvi was good and I feel he is a little quicker too. He does need more helpful conditions. 

Yadav was best of our pacers this match and bowled the spell of the match. Needs to learn to take wickets and can't say this is just due to luck. In the second innings he did lose his direction. you wonder how he will do as leader of the attack overseas. He will not have luxury of small spells but will have to make the best of conditions and tackle people attacking him.  

Ishant is a more mature bowler but you feel this is as good as he can be. He has been around for long and he is what he is.

Here is my rating

Vijay-8/10-2nd innings failure but set up the game in the 1st innings...still needs to add that dimension of switching gears when set...not a compulsion but will be good to have

Rahul-2/10-Boom or Bust Rahul lives upto the name yet again...2 points for one of the drives he played in the 2nd innings,glorious and classy

Pujara-8.5/10-Fantastic test for him...also played a quick innings in the 2nd...if you have to nitpick should have kicked on and got a big one in the first innings

Kohli-9/10-Fantastic everything-batting,captaincy etc...1 point docked for the late declaration and an average 2nd innings-again just for the case of nitpicking

Rahane-7.5/10-decent game.

Ashwin-7.5/10-Looked threatening in the 2nd innings overall decent game

Saha-9.5/10-pretty much a scar free game.

Jadeja-8.5/10-looked the most threatening of the spinners + good knock with the bat in the 1st

Bhuvi-6,5/10-Could have done better...kept it tight so deserves credit and broke an important partnership 

Yadav-8/10 best pacer in the match

Ishant-7/10-Immaculate line and length and turned it around in the 2nd innings

Special rating-Rohit 10/10-just the fact that when he is out,it affects the team balance as we miss a gun 5th bowler option,made team management push for a 5 bowler attack which helped us win the game on a flat patta....so deserves an honorable rating

Edited by maniac
44 minutes ago, maniac said:

Special rating-Rohit 10/10-just the fact that when he is out,it affects the team balance as we miss a gun 5th bowler option,made team management push for a 5 bowler attack which helped us win the game on a flat patta....so deserves an honorable rating

Just a question to you. Whom should Rohit replace in this current 11 when Rohit is fit since you have been missing him so much from the test team? 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Just a question to you. Whom should Rohit replace in this current 11 when Rohit is fit since you have been missing him so much from the test team? 

Can replace anyone except the keeper....yes even fast bowlers as he was seen practicing seam up recently

Edited by maniac
15 minutes ago, maniac said:

Can replace anyone except the keeper....yes even fast bowlers as he was seen practicing seam up recently

Interesting when you say he can replace anyone. So you will be fine to see him replace Pujara or Rahane, two of the most prolific test players recently?

Very interesting thought.