Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tweaker

Tour Match: India A v Australia at Mumbai (BS) on Feb 17-19, 2017

274 posts in this topic

India 'A' will play a three-day warm-up game against Australia from February 16-18 at the Braboune stadium in Mumbai.

All-rounder Hardik Pandya will be leading an India A side in a three-day warm-up game against Australia at the Brabourne Stadium from February 16-18.

The team has a lot of promising youngsters who have performed in the Ranji Trophy which includes top-scorer Priyank Panchal of Gujarat, Services batsman G Rahul Singh, who has had a phenomenal season in the Plate Group scoring 945 runs at an average of 72 plus.

Selectors for the second time made it clear that Ishan Kishan is being groomed as glovesman for future longer format while Rishabh Pant is being looked purely as a batsman in this category. The lesser known of the Baba twins — Baba Indrajith has also got rewarded for his consistency.

Maharashtra’s Ankit Bawne also got his chance for scoring an unbeaten 351 not out against Delhi and a total of 687 runs.
Some of the players have been picked up purely on the basis of potential like young Delhi speedster Navdeep Saini, who is being spoken highly in Delhi cricket circuit. The wiry fast medium bowler works up a brisk pace. Pacer Mohammed Siraj, who recently played for Rest of India has also been named.

Ditto for Mumbai opener Akhil Herwadkar. The highly rated Shreyas Iyer is also in the squad.
Karnataka off-spinner Krishnappa Gowtham and chinaman Kuldeep Yadav are also in the squad with Ranji Trophy’s highest wicket-taker Shahbaz Nadeem also in the squad.

The only above 30 player in the team is veteran Bengal speedster Ashok Dinda, who defied age to get 39 wickets.

India A: Hardik Pandya (Captain), Akhil Herwadkar, Priyank Kirit Panchal, Shreyas Iyer, Ankit Bawne, Rishabh Pant, Ishan Kishan (WK), Shahbaz Nadeem, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kuldeep Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Ashok Dinda, Mohammed Siraj, Rahul Singh, Baba Indrajith

Australia squad: Steve Smith (Capt), David Warner, Matthew Renshaw, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Mitchell Marsh, Matthew Wade (WK), Steve O'Keefe, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Ashton Agar, Usman Khawaja, Jackson Bird, Mitchell Swepson, Glenn Maxwell.

Shardul Thakur, Aniket Chaudhari and Varun Aaron could have been our 3 quicks in this match ....as they have the most realistic chances to be back-up pacers in case of any further injury to our main pacers. ( the batsmen and spinners have been chosen on this basis but not the quicks  )

It could have been a good comparative study to see who is the best pacer against a good international team.

33 minutes ago, fineleg said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2016-17/content/story/1082280.html

Kuldeep, who was named in the India A squad to play the tour game against the Australians, is likely to be withdrawn from the fixture, which starts from February 17

Why?

Beacuse he is the actual test squad now and probably dont want the aussies getting practice against him incase he plays one of the tests.

ID: 6   Posted (edited)

I dont see Yadav as a real Test option for us,his stats dont look great and his economy rate is bad too.He looks like a guy who will do well in LOI cricket.leg spinners have trouble with their control and i dont want to give free runs for the aussies.

Edited by cowboysfan

Kuldeep last season fc record is pretty good compared to overall record (35 wickets). So he might have improved as a long version bowler. 

Same is the case with chahal (33 wickets).

Beacuse he is the actual test squad now and probably dont want the aussies getting practice against him incase he plays one of the tests.

If this is true...it will be a lame excuse...

On the flip side, it will give lot of confidence to kuldeep , if he performs well. Also, it will push his case stronger and might get into playing LX.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Yeah and no telecast. 

Really wanted to see Shardul, ankeit and Aaron bowl together

2 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Really wanted to see Shardul, ankeit and Aaron bowl together

None of them are playing this game..

This is the squad with Kuldeep also out now.

India A: Hardik Pandya (Captain), Akhil Herwadkar, Priyank Kirit Panchal, Shreyas Iyer, Ankit Bawne, Rishabh Pant, Ishan Kishan (WK), Shahbaz Nadeem, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kuldeep Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Ashok Dinda, Mohammed Siraj, Rahul Singh, Baba Indrajith

I still can't put my finger on why hardik is playing international cricket, he can't bowl and he defintely can't bat.is he here because of ipl success?

First of all Pandya is the captain.... then he puts Australia to bowl despite winning the toss.... then he bowls himself first up..... the mind boggles...

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Why bowl first? Why would you give Australian team batting practise when its a two days match.

It is a 3-day match

We don't know how the pitch is and playing conditions are. If the team management of this A team feels that it will have some help for seamers on the first day then it is has been known to happen.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is a 3-day match

We don't know how the pitch is and playing conditions are. If the team management of this A team feels that it will have some help for seamers on the first day then it is has been known to happen.

If its 3 days then it is even more bizzare decision. Winning the match should not be the focus to take pitch  in consideration. Only Indian batsman and bowlers getting the most of the match should be the focus.Its win win in that case for us.

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

If its 3 days then it is even more bizzare decision. Winning the match should not be the focus to take pitch  in consideration. Only Indian batsman and bowlers getting the most of the match should be the focus.Its win win in that case for us.

Yes....and IF the conditions are favourable to seamers THEN  both Indian batsmen and seamers will have better chances of getting the most out of the match if we bowl first.

Different things are possible and I would hold my judgement till I know about the pitch and playing conditions.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes....and IF the conditions are favourable to seamers THEN  both Indian batsmen and seamers will have better chances of getting the most out of the match if we bowl first.

Different things are possible and I would hold my judgement till I know about the pitch and playing conditions.

Mostly there is some help at the start of the game and then it eases out..So batting first would have been good. If it is helping throughout then it doesn't matter if we bowl first or second.Trying batsman and bowler in testing conditions is a proper practise. Bowlers when its flat and batsman when its not.

5 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Saini bowling well 3 overs ,1 maiden 4 run ,1 wicket against Smith & Co.

He took the wicket of Warner

I won't even comment on Saini otherwise Bengali people will start feeling I praise too many Delhi Ranji players. Too bad for them, they are so good :)

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Mostly there is some help at the start of the game and then it eases out..So batting first would have been good. If it is helping throughout then it doesn't matter if we bowl first or second.Trying batsman and bowler in testing conditions is a proper practise. Bowlers when its flat and batsman when its not.

There are more complex scenarios possible than that.  

My point is..... it is better not to pass judgement unless we know about the pitch and playing conditions.

12 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Pandya now bowling well after 2 costly overs

Pandya last 5 overs.... only 11 runs

He was perhaps attacked by David Warner in the initial stages which happens to so many international pacers.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pandya has bowled with the new ball even for India and has picked up wickets up front so I do not see any issue why he should not have opened.

Exactly. Have these people even seen any Indian ODI matches in the last six months or so.

ID: 46   Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I still can't put my finger on why hardik is playing international cricket, he can't bowl and he defintely can't bat.is he here because of ipl success?

averages 53 in ODIs with the bat with an SR of 119 and 9 wickets in 7 games at 32 till now in ODIs. What more you want from a rookie alrounder?

Edited by rkt.india

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

averages 53 in ODIs with the bat with an SR of 119 and 9 wickets in 7 games at 32 till now in ODIs. What more you want from a rookie alrounder?

Exactly and in all disciplines improving all the time . 

Could have had someone else instead of Dinda. He is 32 years old and i cant seem him playing for India anymore. Though you never know with the kind of selections we are seeing these days, never say never.

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Exactly and in all disciplines improving all the time . 

People have no idea about player development.