Tour Match: India A v Australia at Mumbai (BS) on Feb 17-19, 2017

tweaker

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is a 3-day match

We don't know how the pitch is and playing conditions are. If the team management of this A team feels that it will have some help for seamers on the first day then it is has been known to happen.

If its 3 days then it is even more bizzare decision. Winning the match should not be the focus to take pitch  in consideration. Only Indian batsman and bowlers getting the most of the match should be the focus.Its win win in that case for us.

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

If its 3 days then it is even more bizzare decision. Winning the match should not be the focus to take pitch  in consideration. Only Indian batsman and bowlers getting the most of the match should be the focus.Its win win in that case for us.

Yes....and IF the conditions are favourable to seamers THEN  both Indian batsmen and seamers will have better chances of getting the most out of the match if we bowl first.

Different things are possible and I would hold my judgement till I know about the pitch and playing conditions.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes....and IF the conditions are favourable to seamers THEN  both Indian batsmen and seamers will have better chances of getting the most out of the match if we bowl first.

Different things are possible and I would hold my judgement till I know about the pitch and playing conditions.

Mostly there is some help at the start of the game and then it eases out..So batting first would have been good. If it is helping throughout then it doesn't matter if we bowl first or second.Trying batsman and bowler in testing conditions is a proper practise. Bowlers when its flat and batsman when its not.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Mostly there is some help at the start of the game and then it eases out..So batting first would have been good. If it is helping throughout then it doesn't matter if we bowl first or second.Trying batsman and bowler in testing conditions is a proper practise. Bowlers when its flat and batsman when its not.

There are more complex scenarios possible than that.  

My point is..... it is better not to pass judgement unless we know about the pitch and playing conditions.