Sangwan should debut for India

Cricketics

I have followed a lot of LOI domestic cricket recently and watched pretty much all young fast bowlers - Including. Aniket, Rajpoot etc and the most impressive among all has been Sangwan to me for LOI's.

The dude is bowling fast these days and good thing is that he provides us that left hand bowling option, which we currently don't have in 50 overs after the retirement of Zaheer. 

Fast bowling though is not about bowling just fast but also line and length and this is where he had been pretty good too but he can only improve now if given a break into Indian team. We have to get this guy fast as he seems to be bowling at his peak. 

Sangwan- Bumrah-Bhuvi bowling attack can be impressive with Shami if he is fit. This is good young attack which needs to be given plenty of games together to become a strong force for 2019wc in England.

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Plus Sangwan from Delhi, so lots of Ticsy love.  :p:

Nothing about Delhi, I do not even belong to Delhi now having lived most my life out of it.

Thing is Sangwan has been impressive if one has watched any LOI's recently from domestics.

Get him into odi's so he can slowly transition into test.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Yes exactly we are missing an left arm pacer recently heard that he clocked 145kph!! So why not?? What's his age though?

He is just 26. An ODI bowling attack of Bumrah-Sangwan-Bhuvi along with Jadeja and Mishra as two spinners is probably going to be one of the best in the world in terms of variety.

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Warrier, Rajpoot, Aniket are COMFORTABLY better.

They all are good prospects too but not really sure if they are better.

Sangwan has the best List A average among all of them by far. Also has a better strike rate than most bowlers.

Being a leftie, he should get the nod ahead just on that and among the two lefties, Sangwan is a better bowler at this time than Aniket.

I have never seen Sangwan bowl an impressive spell.  Plus his steroid ban makes me dislike him right off the bat.  Not a tall bowler either IIRC.  Still, if he's good enough to play for India, he has the IPL to make his case this year.  That's if he supposedly is in this so-called form of his life or whatever.

31 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I have never seen Sangwan bowl an impressive spell.  Plus his steroid ban makes me dislike him right off the bat.  Not a tall bowler either IIRC.  Still, if he's good enough to play for India, he has the IPL to make his case this year.  That's if he supposedly is in this so-called form of his life or whatever.

He is tall enough around 6 feet.

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You had to watch today's spell. On a flat pitch, he made batsmen hop around. Manoj tiwary was lucky to get away in his second over as a top edge on 146k bouncer landed in no man's land.

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You had to watch today's spell. On a flat pitch, he made batsmen hop around. Manoj tiwary was lucky to get away in his second over as a top edge on 146k bouncer landed in no man's land.

Sangwan is improving every year.  He comes across as a very hard working bowler and that is a big plus.

He is generally a decently accurate bowler and can swing it too.

Now that he has added genuine pace and bounce, he can be very potent if he can sustain this pace.

Sangwan, along with Aniket C and Thampi, have been the pacers who have actually made the batsmen uncomfortable physically with pace and bounce  in this year's SMA Trophy.

Edited by express bowling

Today John Wright, Kiran More and Robin Singh were in the stands and were 

watching the game. I am sure they will probably recommend Sangwan's name to the selectors.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Here is some of his deliveries in the opening spell. A change in action too from last few years and some pace. He was also getting the swing.

Lively.gif

Lively.gif

Lively.gif

Lively.gif

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

The Gis posted by Cricketics is very upsetting in a lot of ways...even though Sangwan looks decent with the bounce he generated...WTF is wrong with the technique of those batsmen...horrible.

Pace can make a lot of batsmen look bad in technique.