Sangwan should debut for India

Cricketics

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I have never seen Sangwan bowl an impressive spell.  Plus his steroid ban makes me dislike him right off the bat.  Not a tall bowler either IIRC.  Still, if he's good enough to play for India, he has the IPL to make his case this year.  That's if he supposedly is in this so-called form of his life or whatever.

Here comes the ever "paranoid" genius.......so you need Sangwan to make a test debut and take 10 wickets against Australia in Perth before you are impressed or a double hatrick in Durban....jeez.

Clearly there is a spark there...while I agree the suspected Delhi factor is there with the OP,Sangwan has some skills and definetely should be in contention...not exactly a test cap yet like the Op states but should be in the scheme of things...A left arm bowler hitting 140K's in India is like golddust.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pace can make a lot of batsmen look bad in technique. 

Only teh 2nd Gif was an excellent ball where the batsman got hurried by pace and bounce...look at the 3rd gif....a feet stuck in glue,innocuous poke and the first one a wild slash with daylight between bat and ball...but yeah Sangwan looks quick and has extra bounce

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

In teh scheme of things but behind the pecking order....but of course OP thinks Delhi is a continent on it's own

Ya Bhuvi is from Delhi and so is Amit Mishra and so is Jadeja.

You hardy watched any domestic and then complain like fineleg about picking Delhi players when it has nothing to do with Delhi. If you liked fast bowling you will like these bowlers. 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Only teh 2nd Gif was an excellent ball where the batsman got hurried by pace and bounce...look at the 3rd gif....a feet stuck in glue,innocuous poke and the first one a wild slash with daylight between bat and ball...but yeah Sangwan looks quick and has extra bounce

You look at technique too much. These are twenty20 games where batsman bats differently and it brings the worst out of a batsman. Jaggi is a decent player otherwise and so is Manoj Tiwary.

Even Kohli was playing wild shots to get on top of the bowlers in 2020 recently against England. Such is the game twenty20. Worst format to judge a batsman's failure.

32 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Today John Wright, Kiran More and Robin Singh were in the stands and were 

watching the game. I am sure they will probably recommend Sangwan's name to the selectors.

Here is some of his deliveries in the opening spell. A change in action too from last few years and some pace. He was also getting the swing.

John Wright is the talent scout for Mumbai Indians.  He has identified many promising talents - Bumrah being an easy example.  I guess he may have something to do with the sheer number of IPL starters who have languished on the Mumbai bench, before going to future success elsewhere.  I guess his input stops at squad selection, and then its coach and the rest who decide on the final playing set.  

I'm a massive John Wright fan.  Love the dude for his contributions to the Indian cricket team.  

22 minutes ago, maniac said:

Here comes the ever "paranoid" genius.......so you need Sangwan to make a test debut and take 10 wickets against Australia in Perth before you are impressed or a double hatrick in Durban....jeez.

Clearly there is a spark there...while I agree the suspected Delhi factor is there with the OP,Sangwan has some skills and definetely should be in contention...not exactly a test cap yet like the Op states but should be in the scheme of things...A left arm bowler hitting 140K's in India is like golddust.

I know you have certain handicaps, but really.  Make an effort to get past your comprehension issues.  Read what I posted.  A bit slowly.  I'm skeptical on him, and said that if he's as good as OP is claiming, more quality performances from him can get him into the mix.   Go eat some frogs, wank off to the tailunt practice video, stalk Ben Duckett on social media or whatever.  

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Ya Bhuvi is from Delhi and so is Amit Mishra and so is Jadeja.

You hardy watched any domestic and then complain like fineleg about picking Delhi players when it has nothing to do with Delhi. If you liked fast bowling you will like these bowlers. 

Just out of curiosity how much domestics do you actually "watch?"

Sure being in the US,I don't get to see as much domestic cricket as I would like,just IPL and following up scores on Cricinfo and then maybe check video highlights if a exciting talent is coming up through the ranks....that is the stroy of most NRI cricket fans not the casual IPL types but the passionate fans...at least I don't act like a know it all.

You wanted Ashwin to be replaced lol....and then I did see your posts where you even wanted Vijay to be replaced when he had a lull in form after his 100 in the 1st test vs England till he scored another 100 in the final test.

But you back Dhawan,Gambhir,Yuvi who have had a lot of chances but blew their chances which is fine and I have supported players too whom I thought will come good in the long term.But clearly there is a pattern here

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

John Wright is the talent scout for Mumbai Indians.  He has identified many promising talents - Bumrah being an easy example.  I guess he may have something to do with the sheer number of IPL starters who have languished on the Mumbai bench, before going to future success elsewhere.  I guess his input stops at squad selection, and then its coach and the rest who decide on the final playing set.  

I'm a massive John Wright fan.  Love the dude for his contributions to the Indian cricket team.  

He identified Pandya also

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sure being in the US,I don't get to see as much domestic cricket as I would like,just IPL and following up scores on Cricinfo and then maybe check video highlights if a exciting talent is coming up through the ranks....that is the stroy of most NRI cricket fans not the casual IPL types but the passionate fans...at least I don't act like a know it all.

You wanted Ashwin to be replaced lol....and then I did see your posts where you even wanted Vijay to be replaced when he had a lull in form after his 100 in the 1st test vs England till he scored another 100 in the final test.

Please find post about Vijay as you are clearly adding content here to make your post look more pleasing. Probably would have said that his place look more in danger than some other players when he was out of form but would never ask him to be dropped. Only player I have asked from this test squad to be dropped was Rohit.

And regarding watching domestics, only watched LOI's this year and few 4 day games and Ranji playoffs which were broadcasted. We get to watch all games here in USA which people in India also get.

Regarding Ashwin, I only asked him to be replaced in ODI's not test. For me he is our greatest all rounder in test since Kapil. 

The pattern you see is weird because I back all the performers who have performed better. Till date Dhawan has better batting average than most and hence I was backing him until he really had series of poor scores. Where did I back Gambhir recently? Clearly you are making it up as I have asked for Mukund to be in.

Gambhir still remains one of my favorite because he won us 2007 wolrd cup final and 2011. That doesn't mean I want him in the team right now. 

44 minutes ago, maniac said:

But you back Dhawan,Gambhir,Yuvi who have had a lot of chances but blew their chances which is fine and I have supported players too whom I thought will come good in the long term.But clearly there is a pattern here

Willow TV broadcasts all televised indian domestic in US and Canada.

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He has ARY and Geo TV. You think they broadcast Indian domestic on those so he can catch. They both are premier pakistani channels. 

I have watched a lot of videos on willow TV through proxy when there was no Hotstar and matches used to be on neo sports.

52 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Please find post about Vijay as you are clearly adding content here to make your post look more pleasing. Probably would have said that his place look more in danger than some other players when he was out of form but would never ask him to be dropped.

....<snip>

Chor ki nazar mein sab chor hotey hain.   The guy wants Rohit Sharma in the test team, and considers Ambati Rayudi a legit wicket-keeping option.  Why?  Because they are both golti and so is he.  No wonder he keeps throwing slanderous Karnataka bias accusations at Kumble as well.  Its a fan forum.  You will always get full spectrum of fans - good ones, and empty vessels as well.

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Chor ki nazar mein sab chor hotey hain.   The guy wants Rohit Sharma in the test team, and considers Ambati Rayudi a legit wicket-keeping option.  Why?  Because they are both golti and so is he.  No wonder he keeps throwing slanderous Karnataka bias accusations at Kumble as well.  Its a fan forum.  You will always get full spectrum of fans - good ones, and empty vessels as well.

Lol Dude wants to drop one of Pujara/Rahane to get in Rohit Sharma in the test team. Lol I mean is this a joke? Karun Nair after scoring 300 can't play and he wants Tailunt to fit into test team right now. 

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Willow TV broadcasts all televised indian domestic in US and Canada.

Yes they do.....I have watched few here and there but the timings are tough to catch all games....like for eg; in the recent Pak vs Aus test series I was skipping between that and the Ranji semis but it is difficult to watch all games.....I do prefer following scorecards and then when people like you post about some exciting talents,either catch up the game they are playing or watch their videos.

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Golti laaayalty ke aage Pujara and Rahane are nothing.  Bread pudding ki kasam.

Having a layaalty is better than being a chaploos who talks the popular talk and tries to act all PC :giggle: to cover up for lack of basic cricket acumen