We lost $200 million due to India not touring Pakistan: PCB,Says will take BCCI to ICC's proposed dispute committee to be formed under new reforms

Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Shaharyar Khan disclosed that the PCB had incurred losses amounting to USD 200 million because of the Indian team not playing bilateral cricket series in Pakistan.

“I informed the BCCI representative at the International Cricket Council (ICC) meeting recently that PCB had incurred losses of around USD 200 million because of India’s refusal to play us and these losses were mounting as the BCCI was not even honouring a legal agreement to play bilateral series between 2015 and 2023,” he said.

Khan said that Pakistan was now awaiting the confirmation of the new draft constitution of the ICC, which is expected to be approved in April, to start legal process against the BCCI.

“The new draft constitution has a clause for a disputes resolution committee and once the constitution is final we intend to take our case against the BCCI first to this committee,” he told reporters in Lahore.

Khan said the BCCI representative had told him in the ICC meeting that the Indian Board was willing to play with Pakistan but could not do this without first getting government clearance.

Khan said the BCCI official had said that because of government non clearance they saw the MoU not applicable as ‘Force Majeure’.

“I told him that they should have thought about their government before signing the MoU which is a legal agreement as per our lawyers,” he said.

“I told him that India had denied us two home series the losses of which were around USD 200 million,” Khan added.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/we-lost-usd-200-million-due-to-india-not-touring-pakistan-pcb-4522716/

Unless the ICC is able to force through the "penalty points" scheme, PCB is going to continue to pay a heavy price for their attitudes towards BCCI.  PCB has benefited a lot from its partnership with the BCCI with respect to ICC - since the 1980s.  This decision to side with the lizard Giles Clarke is going to be fateful for them.  

I don't put any credence into this dinosaur Shayar Khan's nonsense.  Classic example of desi uncle desperate to stay relevant.  But PCB is in for some pain.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Unless the ICC is able to force through the "penalty points" scheme, PCB is going to continue to pay a heavy price for their attitudes towards BCCI.  PCB has benefited a lot from its partnership with the BCCI with respect to ICC - since the 1980s.  This decision to side with the lizard Giles Clarke is going to be fateful for them.  

I don't put any credence into this dinosaur Shayar Khan's nonsense.  Classic example of desi uncle desperate to stay relevant.  But PCB is in for some pain.  

I believe BCCI will not give two hoots for the penalty points.There can be no ICC tournament without India.And india boycotts 2-3 tours and the countries will fall in line to vote for India.

The sad thing is it pains that this Manohar assole got us to this situation...why should we even think of boycotting series/tournaments......it should be more on lines of strong arming them into falling in line like we did in the past.

Manohar guy is a snake....We need a Dalmiya type(RIP) or Seeni Mama heading the affairs

Just now, maniac said:

At least $1000 seems somewhat reasonable.....$200 million Lol where is he pulling that from?

We were not going to tour anyways. These "Bhangiz" are pipe dreaming and shamming their own public by saying such things at these very sorry times in pakistan when hosting a final of a Habib Bank tournament is being considered a bigger topic than protecting its people and improving the environment.

I saw a Najam Sethi interview where he was throwing in numbers in the air saying how profitable PSL was and how every Franchise turned in a profit with crowds of 50 people and 10 teddy bears.

IPL the most successful league in cricket took a couple of years for the franchises to break even with smashing TRP ratings,advertisers and full house crowds.

These Pakistani at the top level are so full of it.

Edited by maniac
I saw a Najam Sethi interview where he was throwing in numbers in the air saying how profitable PSL was and how every Franchise turned in a profit with crowds of 50 people and 10 teddy bears.

IPL the most successful league in cricket took a couple of years for the franchises to break even with smashing TRP ratings,advertisers and full house crowds.

These Pakistani at the top level are so full of it.

PSL is lolfer.They hardly made 1mn USD last year.

14 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

PSL is lolfer.They hardly made 1mn USD last year.

I wouldn't even trust that number.  Good thing for them is that they've got decent tv revenue coming in.  But the cost of foreign players, plus hosting and playing in UAE - that's gotta nullify a major portion.  And based on what's going on, will keep doing so, in the near future.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I wouldn't even trust that number.  Good thing for them is that they've got decent tv revenue coming in.  But the cost of foreign players, plus hosting and playing in UAE - that's gotta nullify a major portion.  And based on what's going on, will keep doing so, in the near future.  

Tv revenue was 5mn last year.

Just now, Stumped said:

Worth noting that private franchises making profit is very different from a league itself making profit.

Can't resist defending the greenbros eh?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.:p:

Point here is that PCB is notorious for cooking its books.  They just released their budget recently and claimed that they made 77% profit - more money than Australia did for hosting the world cup.  More money than either ECB or BCCI.  Everyone with half a brain knows that is total BS.  That budget was aimed for local consumption so that their PCB "executives" don't get too much scrutiny for their "expenses".   So their claims regarding PSL profitability have to be taken with a tanker or 2 of Dead sea salt.