Should Performance Enhancing Drugs be made legal to use in sports?

rkt.india

PED in sports?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Performance Enhancing Drugs be made legal in Cricket and in other sports?

• No, there is no place for PEDs in sports
    • Yes, make it legal

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

Heard it all before. 'Oh I so did it accidently for some other reasons.I am a dumb fellow to not know I am a professional cricketer.' 

so if you someone is a professional cricketer, does he automatically know everything especially when you are just a domestic level cricketer. Anyway , i dont see any problem in taking steroids. They should not even be banned and should be legal in sports.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And sometimes, those companies who make fat loss supplements do not even mention their product contains steroid. Otherwise, product wont sell and steroid brings results.

Why are other players not facing the same issues. Do they perform tests of powders privately before taking it? After all use of steroids is pretty common according to you and companies mislead by not making content known properly.So it should have been a widespread concern until now.

Are you crazy? Why should steroids be allowed?

Edited by Pollack
3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Why are other players not facing the same issues. Do they perform tests of powders privately before taking it? After all use of steroids is pretty common according to you and companies mislead by not making content known properly.So it should have been a widespread concern until now.

Are you crazy? Why should steroids be allowed?

i didnt say steroid use is common. Did I say that? I said that supplement use is common and some supplement might carry steroid in it which company may not have disclosed in its ingredients. Not every supplement would carry that but then those supplement wont be effective enough for weight loss.

Tell me why should steroids not be allowed? The biggest advantage of steroids is that they help heal injuries quickly and that can be real boon for sportsmen.

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

This is absolutely insane. No. Can't have performance enhancing sterioids be made legal in sports. 

Can't have Tennis players going crazy out there on court and taking advantage over other players or atheletes in olympics or in any sports for that matter.

Bhai if steroids are legal, they are legal for everyone and there wont be any advantage over anyone because all are taking them. 

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i didnt say steroid use is common. Did I say that? I said that supplement use is common and some supplement might carry steroid in it which company may not have disclosed in its ingredients. Not every supplement would carry that but then those supplement wont be effective enough for weight loss.

Tell me why should steroids not be allowed? The biggest advantage of steroids is that they help heal injuries quickly and that can be real boon for sportsmen.

I meant supplement only at the place of steroids. Why is Sanghwan the only victim of such products or why are very few who are victims of such supplements if players take it fairly commonly?

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I meant supplement only at the place of steroids. Why is Sanghwan the only victim of such products or why are very few who are victims of such supplements if players take it fairly commonly?

http://www.vox.com/a/supplements

Read this. where did i say players take supplements commonly? I said lot of guys who workout take supplements for different purposes some weight loss, some weight gain, some other purposes and sometimes those supplement can contain hidden drugs like steroids which are not mentioned on the ingredient label. Not every supplement contain steroid. Sangwan might be only victim because not every domestic cricketer is tested for doping or not everyone would have taken the same supplement that Sangwan too because every supplement don't contain the steroid. 

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

very few ind domestic cricketers work out,in our system it seems it is more acceptable to have a belly than get fit...ppl like kohli have access to the ind team physios and doctors ,sangwan doesnt have that ,it all depends on your doctor who are also aware of wada regulations ,you cant expect ppl to become experts on biochemistry in order to bulk up

That means use of supplements is also not common amongst players.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

http://www.vox.com/a/supplements

Read this. where did i say players take supplements commonly? I said lot of guys who workout take supplements for different purposes some weight loss, some weight gain, some other purposes and sometimes those supplement can contain hidden drugs like steroids which are not mentioned on the ingredient label. Not every supplement contain steroid. Sangwan might be only victim because not every domestic cricketer is tested for doping or not everyone would have taken the same supplement that Sangwan too because every supplement don't contain the steroid. 

Players are more smarter than we believe them to be. 

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bhai if steroids are legal, they are legal for everyone and there wont be any advantage over anyone because all are taking them. 

Yaar simple logic hai.

Have you ever heard of the guy named Lance Armstrong? Have you ever watched "Stop At nothing" If not please go watch it. 

Do you realize how unfair all of this is to all the opposition players?

Do you worry anything about the integrity of the game if every player starts taking drugs?

What's the use of exams if every student is allowed to open and cheat from each other of from the book or internet? 

There is no place for performance enhancing drugs in sports. Let's leave it for Hollywood folks. 

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

That means use of supplements is also not common amongst players.

arey bhai it is not necessary that every supplement would contain illegal substance and you would hardly see many domestic cricketers going to gym and working out. It is the new generation U19, U22 who now I have been seeing going to the gym, Look at Ishan Kishan, he is 18 but look at those biceps. They are the reason he could hit ball so far. Even Pant has joined the bandwagon now and is getting fitter.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yaar simple logic hai.

Have you ever heard of the guy named Lance Armstrong? Have you ever watched "Stop At nothing" If not please go watch it. 

Do you realize how unfair all of this is to all the opposition players?

Do you worry anything about the integrity of the game if every player starts taking drugs?

What's the use of exams if every student is allowed to open and cheat from each other of from the book or internet? 

There is no place for performance enhancing drugs in sports. Let's leave it for Hollywood folks. 

Lance Armstrong did it when steroids were banned. If steroids are made legal, there wont be any advantage as all players can use them. It will enhance the level of the game too.  

Just now, rkt.india said:

arey bhai it is not necessary that every supplement would contain illegal substance and you would hardly see many domestic cricketers going to gym and working out. It is the new generation U19, U22 who now I have been seeing going to the gym, Look at Ishan Kishan, he is 18 but look at those biceps. They are the reason he could hit ball so far. Even Pant has joined the bandwagon now and is getting fitter.

When did I say every supplement contains steroids or any other illegal substances. Yes new generation is hitting the gyms more often. Let's see how many get duped by 'misleading products'.

28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Lance Armstrong did it when steroids were banned. If steroids are made legal, there wont be any advantage as all players can use them. It will enhance the level of the game too.  

No it won't. It will destroy sports.

Not every athelete reacts the same way to PEDs. This will give undue advantage to lesser or bullshyt atheletes to compete in ranking with top atheletes. That is absolutely unfair.

This is blatant cheating.

12 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No it won't. It will destroy sports.

Not every athelete reacts the same way to PEDs. This will give undue advantage to lesser or bullshyt atheletes to compete in ranking with top atheletes. That is absolutely unfair.

This is blatant cheating.

there are so many PEDs and every athlete will be benefited by them. 

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

there are so many PEDs and every athlete will be benefited by them. 

You want to make something legal to use for all in sports which could be extremely dangerous for many atheletes.

Do you know that some PED's are extremely deadly for human body where as they could alter an athelete's body?

You want to create a culture where young kids would look into investing time and money in finding the right substance to enhance their potential of winning over their peer in a game. This will also affect their health at such a young age.

It is going to be a recipe to disaster.

There is no place for PEDs in sports. 

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You want to make something legal to use for all in sports which could be extremely dangerous for many atheletes.

Do you know that some PED's are extremely deadly for human body where as they could alter an athelete's body?

You want to create a culture where young kids would look into investing time and money in finding the right substance to enhance their potential of winning over their peer in a game. This will also affect their health at such a young age.

It is going to be a recipe to disaster.

There is no place for PEDs in sports. 

They are dangerous if they are not taken under the guidance of an expert and in controlled dosage. There is a proper way to take them. People die more of sugar than alcohol. Should sugar be banned?

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

They are dangerous if they are not taken under the guidance of an expert and in controlled dosage. There is a proper way to take them. People die more of sugar than alcohol. Should sugar be banned?

If they are dangerous then why you want to make them legal. You know kids won't look for guidance. They will just fo hunting for it.

I don't believe any performance enhancer like steroid, Male hormones is good and causes multiple problems n premature death, also steroids enlarges the heart n rhythm ,changes your behavior, but on the flip side I don't think we see any clean athletes in Olympics anymore ,none, I've stopped following track n field, tennis n cricket n some extent soccer is still more a game of skill