Umesh Yadav the best India pacer: Rodney Hogg

Finally it has been said. Umesh indeed is a great bowler. Well, Shami could be the best in India, but Umesh has taken Indian fast bowling and the perception of Indian fast bowlers to a different level, which no other pacer ever did. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/australia-in-india/australia-in-india-umesh-the-best-pacer-in-india-now-rodney-hogg/articleshow/57208776.cms

Rodney Hogg goes on to say that had Umesh been in Australia, he would have got 150+ wickets. Well, finally world cricket acknowledges that Indian pacers are better than what their stats show!

No, he is not.

There is only one guy we have who is the best right now and that is Mohammad Shami and he also consistently doesn't play for us to get the respect from the overseas media. But he is our best seamer.

Umesh has been good in few series and at times unlucky with the dropped catches recently but even after being good at times he was inconsistent on many occasions. He has bowled well recently to get his chance and play ahead of other seamers for India but, no, he is not our best seamer. 

Yes, had he played for Australia or South Africa, he could have been a different bowler and developed better.

I have noticed that players from other countries tend to recognize a bowling attack and individuals among them only when there are multiple fast bowlers in that attack.

We now have Shami, Umesh and Ishant in tests... Aaron had played sometime ago too.... Bumrah and Pandya are bowling quick in LOIs....

Now, people are commenting about our quicks

Every individual has his own favourites... Richards, Bishop, Hussain etc. could not stop praising Shami..... Hussain, Botham, Doull and now Hogg like Umesh..... Botham, Holding, Doull  like Ishant

But it is important to have a pool of fast bowlers for creating a reputation as well as keeping the individuals on their toes.

6 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Australian mind games at work.

Australian mind games is about challenging or putting someone down. He is neither challenging nor putting him down. He is not even comparing Umesh to any australian fast bowler. 

Aussie team is not the same anymore to be engaging in mind games. Those days are gone

Hogg is right that he would have become better bowler if he had played for Australia.He would have been forced to develop if he was playing for Australia, playing for India he has no responsibility of picking up wickets.Any wickets he does pick up are considered as bonus.

I do not agree that he is best bowler for India, he has not shown any indication that he can become a wicket taker and he is no spring chicken either. Shammi is only Indian fast bowler who has looked like he can take wickets consistently. Yadav is supreme athlete though he is like Kapil Dev , he has greater outswinger also but alas he has improve his consistency if he wants to become a force.

Agrees with Rodney if not dhoni ruining his initial part of the carrier he too would have 150 wickets at this stage one more thing I have noticed is that pace is natural to him his contemporary like shami wahab Milne too can bowl quick 145+ but looks exhausted after hitting those speeds but umesh just runs and bowls 145+ like its nothing with a smile on his face

9 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

And its too sad that this wasnt acknowledged for someone like Srinath. But I guess things are changing now.

True he was a trundling indian medium pacer who bowled fastest 145k deliveries because of speed gun malfunction while white death Donald and Glen Magrath were delivering searing thunderbolts turns out at 139 with similar returns in better pitches..Lol commentators at that time had so much prejeduice and refused to accept when some odd game had a new device called speed gun introduced.

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

nice flip ,weren't you the other day pointing out umesh's avg in aus ,do you know lyons avg in asia

Eh ? No.

I think Lyon is a better spinner than Umesh is a fast bowler. Yadav, along with Mohammed Sami, Shannon Gabriel, etc. are three of the worst pacers I've ever seen in my life. Will take a Venky Prasad over them, any day of the week, even if Venky is half asleep. But these three are 'fast' and look good in fits and spurts, hence obsession over them. But they are realistically, worse bowlers than some club bowlers i've seen/faced/kept to.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

And if Lyon was Indian, he'd have 300 wickets by now. Its not exactly divine knowledge that if you are born a Saffie or Aussie, you will develop better as a pacer and if you are born an Indian or a Lankan, develop better as a spinner....

Minor diff bowled in xx country conditions not born and developed in xx country. It reflects on the said bowlers current ability and it's suitability to certain game conditions.

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Eh ? No.

I think Lyon is a better spinner than Umesh is a fast bowler. Yadav, along with Mohammed Sami, Shannon Gabriel, etc. are three of the worst pacers I've ever seen in my life. Will take a Venky Prasad over them, any day of the week, even if Venky is half asleep. But these three are 'fast' and look good in fits and spurts, hence obsession over them. But they are realistically, worse bowlers than some club bowlers i've seen/faced/kept to.

Lol did you see yadavs spell to sakhib ?

5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Eh ? No.

Vijay kumar and dinda are best bowlers in the current crop.