Dhoni dropped as Pune captain in IPL, Steve Smith to replace him

New guy

4 minutes ago, Unleashed said:

Excellent decision by RPS. Who knew that RPS management had more balls than the Indian selectors. 

Pretty sure some idiot will call me a Dhoni hater but he ridiculously underbowled Ashwin last season. 

I read on Wisden India that Dhoni has "stepped down".

Not sure if management decided to take his captaincy away. 

Anyways, I feel he stepped down himself. He probably lost interest in captaincy just like he gave away Indian ODI captaincy too and wants to just play as a player. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Anyways, I feel he stepped down himself. He probably lost interest in captaincy just like he gave away Indian ODI captaincy too and wants to just play as a player. 

Goenka said  this was in the works since last season and they wanted a younger captain.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

ANI quoting Sanjeev Goenka(the owner)  that they changed the captain. 

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Dhoni has much clout and fan following in journalistic circle as well .They are trying to be respectable towards dhoni. Same as Cricbuzz.

Good call for Dhoni as a player. Now he has all the time in the world to concentrate on his game which needs some work now. 

Having said that what a bizzare choice for captaincy. This guy ran away last year .....

Ashwin would have been given a chance, would have preferred faf but i dnt think so he is avl throughout the IPL

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Goenka statements make it clear that Dhoni was sacked as a captain, Dhoni said he wanted to captain the IPL side just a few days back, this means the management were planning to sack him since last year but did not inform him till now.

No offense to Dhoni but how much of the success of CSK has to be attributed to him and his captaincy.CSK teams were always loaded.

Unlike Kohli who is leading with performances by being the best player on the team . Dhoni never was best player on any of the teams he led and yet somehow managed to be captain for so long and that is a great achievement.

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

All sources are quoting Goenka saying they wanted a younger captain